Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Oooh man, Seymour and his two guado goons without Stone Breath OR mix? LOL good look on that one. I just realized Mix would be illegal in an NSGIENCNO game also, now I know it's impossible, without being able to do Trio of 9999 or Quartet of 9 later in the game there would just be no way to deal any real damage, you sure you even wanna attempt this? I'm not trying to back you outta it but this would be like taking away items in FFVI low level game.

Oh yeah, and earlier Aeris mentioned that this made FFVI lowlevel look like cakewalk, NO WAY! Haha FFVI lowlevel was tougher than bad steak! So far they have been about equally as challenging, although I have gotten slightly more frusterated with this challenge as compared to the FFVI lowlevel one...

Blog Entries

Hey, like I said... I'll try it as far as I can get. If it turns out... very bad, then I'll use overdrives again.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing as far as the no customization thing goes, if there comes a time that I ABSOLUTELY must use customization for some reason, I will. Although at this point I really don't see that happening, seems like everyone who did the NSGIE challenge just wanted to avoid the frusterations of dying from ambush. Who knows though, I keep dreading running into a boss that's gonna always get first hit and do an area attack, so I'll have to add first strike to someone, I'm really hoping this doesn't happen, and I can't really think of any time it does, so I'm feeling good about it. This is the first time I took on a challenge without having read about someone else who did it first.

Blog Entries

Most of the challanges I've done so far was made by myself but I've done some that others come up with as well. Like level 1 party against Ozma in FF9.

However, my worst battles so far would be Omega and Ultima Weapon in FFVIII without junctioning (only allowed to junction abilities. Draw, magic, GF, item etc.) And with only the first weapons and no drawable GFs. Oh, and ofcourse, no card refining soo... no 100 heros or something. Took me alot of hours. :rolleyes2

Damn, sounds insane.

I'm personally more interested in challenges I can show people the end result of. I loved the FFVI low level challenge because I can physically show people my file at the end of the game, with all my low levels. Also this game will let me show people at the end of the game, with all my first equips, and no sphere grid used.

I'm just a sucker for showing off my Square accomplishments to friends, hell I recorded my epic battle with Seymour/Anima/Seymour on VHS so I could show people, hahaha, also so I could watch it myself.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

I have another, slightly less challenging idea for a challenge- create the best weapon in the game without final weapons... on one rikku weapon, flexible arm or something, I added poisonstrike, blindstrike, silencestrike, and deathstrike...
    O R'lyeh?

Hmm, without break damage limit at least, I don't think that's a very good weapon =(

The Ultimate weapons are pretty much the best ones you can get since they have natural ability that you can't put on a weapon otherwise, like how you do crazy strong hits when you have high (or low with some people) hp.

In a different playthrough, I did however make ultimate armors for everyone, I can post my stats for them if you're interested but not in this thread, it's off topic.

Anyway, creating the best custom stuff isn't really a challenge itself, it's more like part of a perfect game challenge... But it's a very good idea. I actually did try to make better weapons than the ultimate weapons, but after I finished them, I figured out they were all crap compared to the sheer power of the Ultimate weapons. It's best to stick to those. =P

Bad news, it looks like I may have reached a part where NSGIENC has become impossible. This is the Assault on Bevelle sequence. I can beat Evrae no problem, but the battles that follow seem to be impossible without the first strike ability. I will keep cracking at it to make sure there is absolutely no way I can win, but from the looks of it, NSGIENC just became impossible. I'll keep you guys posted.

Blog Entries

Everyone dies before you get a turn? Even if you use the characters with the highest defense and HP?

The first battle starts, I use all of my most HP people, the first battle you fight 2 gunners and 1 flamethrower. If the gunners HAPPEN to attack Auron of the hits and don't score a critical hit, then it's possible to win this battle, I pull out Rikku, use a chocobo feather on herself, use a hi-potion on Auron and then use a smoke bomb, now the gunners will miss because of blind but the flamethrower will kill all but Auron so I have him attack twice and kill the flamethrower, now I'm at about 100 hp or less on Auron so I have to hope the gunners continue to miss him (Even though they're blind they still screw me up sometimes) Then I raise rikku and use another smoke bomb with her. After 10 trys I beat this first battle once. Then I gained some hope... I healed up and went into the next battle. This one has 2 flamethrowers and a heavy robot, the flamers kill everyone except Auron survives with about 100 hp, from here I can't possibly think of something that will stop this group of enemies. When I get home I think I'll try to use stone breath with Kimahri, but then I think the heavy robot will just take me out, I don't think stone works on Machina...Not sure.... Like I said, this is pretty much my last resort. Rikku and Wakka's overdrives are used up from Evrae and everyone else's overdrive is kinda useless without mix-mods. Even if I do beat this group, there is like 3 more groups and I can't see passing all of them, it seems physically impossible.

I should also note that each time I die on this part I have to watch about 10-15 minutes of unskippable FMV and cutscene so it's VERY frusterating to have to retry this part knowing that it seems to be impossible to pass.

Blog Entries

Hmmm... is it possible to get farplane winds at this time of the game? I think you could steal 1 from Anima but I'm not sure and 1 is not enough. What about confusion and sleep attacks?

Yea, I know those won't work on the robot but if you could use it on the other guys before they slaughter you...

Hmmmm, I just thought of something that I'm going to try when I get home... I'm starting to think I might be able to pull this off now that I think of this...

If I can use Aurons overdrive to eject the flamethrower from the battle I can use the weak shooters to my advantage and have them power up Rikku, Wakka, and Auron's overdrives again. This way, during the battle 2 I can have my 100 hp auron pull in rikku and use a strong mix like sunburst to win this battle. I'm not sure what's next but maybe I can pull it off now that I think of this... Well we'll just have to see! Man, maybe I should write a guide for this challenge if I complete it, no one else has written one yet =P

Blog Entries

That's a great idea! Good luck. Never give up. Don't forget to also fill Aurons overdrive again if you would encounter that kind of battle again.

Yea, write it! Then you can feel you've done the Ultimate FFX challange.

V SAIDIKVDSHVDSHCJDSGVCJJVBkcgbaih lcsahjklc ghdsvcghdsBCdsa hcklhklhcH FLHDSFLSAH

I JUST BEAT IT!

Oh my good lord, beating this thing is like trying to flip a coin 100 times and have it land on heads every time. This requires EXTREME LUCK, for it to work you have to have numerous things go exactly right in every circumstance in every battle. At every turn there is something that can go wrong and ruin the entire attempt. This took me about 8 straight hours of trying, not for the impatient.

BUT NOW I'M PAST THAT PART! I WILL BEAT THIS CHALLENGE, I HAVE TO!

Blog Entries

I knew it would be possible! 8 hours? Well, that's crazy... but to tell the truth it took me atleast 10 hours to beat the monster arena in FFVII enough times to get omnislach in my no materia, solo character and initial equipment challange. So **** frustrating since you had to get good things on the reels all the time to survive.

Where are you currently?