Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

I'm so sick of the game after that frusterating 8 hours, but I'm at the save point after the wedding scene, right about to do Bevelle's cloister of trials and grab Bahamut.

The best thing is... I got so bored about 4 hours into trying, I decided to start video taping my attempts on a blank VHS tape, so I actually have my victory recorded. Can't wait to show that to my TOTALLY apathetic friends.

I think I'm going to video-tape all my boss encounters from here on, so I can go back and view them all if I decide to write a guide on this challenge. There are plenty of guides out there to get you through a game similar to this one, so if I DO end up writing a guide, it will be short. Most likely just boss strategies for NSGIENC, no point in writing everything 20 other people have already written... Bosses are the only thing that's really different anyway, that and event sequence encounters and stuff... We'll see, hell I still want to write the guide on making ultimate characters in FFVI. You're gonna have to help me out with that one once you finish the low-level game and we both have mutable characters =P

Blog Entries

Okay. Hmmm... maybe I should video-tape my challanges as well... I really want to see my epic battle against Omega Weapon without all the junctioning and stuff again.

But then I must beat him this way AGAIN!!! Oh, well...

Don't be too frustrated just because of 8 hours of atempts.

Oh, and don't worry. I'll help you out with the guide.

Hey, do you have AIM? If not you should grab it and make an account. My name on AIM is MezzoCarrattere. I'd love to talk about Final Fantasy challenges, etc. I'm on now if you wanna log on.

Blog Entries

Nope, I only have MSN. (I hate those uggly msn smiles )

But I'll see if I can get my hands on AIM too. There's also something called PM here at EoFF.

AIM is much quicker than Private Messages will ever be.

It only takes a few seconds to grab and set up, http://www.aim.com

I look forward to seeing a message pop up from you!

Blog Entries

Ok, I'm on my way downloading. But I can't chat for long right now because I have to go in 5 min... :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    lol. Now I REALLY want to try it out. Soo... none have done this before? Cool.

But I HAVE to do the FFVI challange first. :shame: I must hurry!!!

Whats the FFVI Challenge? Beat the game blindfolded while smelling stinky socks and eating peanut butter? Lol jk. seriously...what is it?
    BURGLEFICKLE!

Blog Entries

Check out the FFVI forum. Anyway, it's to beat the game without leveling.

I think I may be stuck again... I got to Seymour on the Bevelle Highbridge, he kills two characters right off the bat, no matter what. I can't think of a way to beat him after this. I tried everything I could think of. Best I've done is

>>Puppet drains hp from everyone putting them yellow
    >>Seymour uses multi-blizzara, kills 2 people
    >>Swap member for Rikku
    >>Use Chocobo feather
    >>Mix sunburst
    >>Seymour takes 19998 damage + 4000 (He has 36000 to begin with, so he still has 12002 after this)
    >>Seymour kills Rikku

I tried using mega phoenixes, and everything else I thought would work, but he just pounds me, there doesn't seem to be a way to beat him, but I'll try until I know it's impossible, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilika
    Whats the FFVI Challenge? Beat the game blindfolded while smelling stinky socks and eating peanut butter? Lol jk. seriously...what is it?
    I've gotta try that one!

Blog Entries

What about if you have yuna as the surviving person and then summon aeons. If you somehow make sure that when they'r killed, Yuna get her turn before Seymour does and then you switch to Rihhu and sunburst him. Don't know if that could help since I haven't tried it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I've gotta try that one!
    I'm not going to try the "smelling stinky socks" part.

I can't get Yuna to ever have a turn before Seymour after doing an Aeon overdrive, already tried this, that was my first idea.

Blog Entries

Oh... yea... Seymour can dissmiss aeons. Forgot that part. Hmmm... I have no idea how this would work but it's just a crazy idea...

Anyway: Rikku survives, Rikku haste herself, Rikku switch to Yuna, Yuna summon aeon, aeon does NOT use overdrive, aeon uses a worthless move that recovers quickly, Seymour kills aeon, Yuna switch back to Rikku who "hopefully" can get 2 moves before Seymour because of haste. Maybe if you use a megapheonix first and then Sunburst... if Seymour is slow enough.

I'm at work now, I'll think about ways I can beat him, but just so you know, the battle starts with Tidus, Kimahri, and Yuna regardless of how you set it up beforehand... I'm wondering how this is gonna work, I got a few plans to try, I'm sure I'll think of more, it's gonna take days of failure to make me give up at this, I'm too far to just call it quits.

For sure, I think the only way I can possibly win is if I somehow get Rikku to have 2 turns in a row. Don't know how I'm gonna pull that one off, but I think if I can do that I might have a chance of coming out of this.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-24-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm sure there is a way.

HOLY $#%$#@^%@# I JUST BEAT HIM!!!!!!! Oh man, you have to get so lucky to beat this guy it's ridiculous. Here is the _only_ way this guy is going down.

>>Mortibody uses blizzard on all
    >>Seymour kills 2 members with multi-blizzara (Yuna must survive)
    >>Yuna switches to Rikku
    >>Rikku uses chocobo feather
    >>Rikku uses mega-phoenix
    >>Mortibody uses thunder on all (Everyone must survive)
    >>Seymour kills 2 members with multi-thundara (Rikku must survive)
    >>Rikku uses mega-phoenix
    >>Rikku switches to Yuna
    >>Yuna summons Bahamut
    >>Bahamut overdrives {8500-9000 damage}
    >>Mortibody absorbs from Seymour {4000 damage}
    >>Seymour banishes Bahamut
    >>Mortibody uses shattering claw (Everyone must survive)
    >>Seymour uses Break (Kimahri must be petrified)
    >>Tidus switches to Rikku
    >>Rikku mixes Sunburst {19998 damage}
    >>Mortibody absorbs from Seymour {3000 damage}
    >>Yuna summons Shiva
    >>Shiva overdrives {OVERKILL}

The amount of luck involved in this battle is about as crazy as the wedding scene, the battle has to go EXACTLY like that, you can see how many places it can go horribly wrong, everything has to go perfect, this has got to be like a 1 in 100 chance.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-26-2004 at 12:26 AM.