Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Excerpt from Dustman and Xharas' 'No Sphere Grid Challenge' guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...tasy_x_nsg.txt): "Without First Strike, this boss would kill your party instantly with its
    Photon Wing. With First Strike, this boss is so easy."

As always, I'm going to test it myself before I declare officially that it's impossible. I've already proved wrong hundreds of people that swore the wedding would be impossible on NSGIENC as well as the Seymour on the Bevelle Highbridge. I'm pretty pessimistic after reading that quote, but I will progress, today I beat defender X and Biran and Yenke, so I'm on my way to Santuary Keeper now, keep dying in random ambushes. I'll keep you all posted.

Blog Entries

I guess Seymour flux could be pretty tough... but it shouldn't be a too big deal.

I want you reply soon... and tell me that you actually beated the keeper.

Keep doing the impossible bro keep doin it! You should get a frickin award for this accomplishment, for getting as far as you've gotten? One question though, does it ever tempt you to see how much better you're characters would be if you used your 99 s.lv?
    BURGLEFICKLE!

I actually don't even have 99 sphere levels with anyone, the most I have is 59 with Yuna, I think Rikku only has like 19 or something, most battles I run from because there isn't really a point to beating them. Some battles I will summon and beat, however, if running fails and I'm scared of losing to a random encounter. All the other sphere levels are mainly from bosses.

It was so interesting fighting Biran and Yenke as Kimahri. Since their stats are based on his, they were pathetic weaklings. They were doing like 60 damage per hit, I was able to use lancet the entire time and kill them with it while maintaining near-full to full HP. One of the most enjoyable experiences in the whole challenge, second only to the victories over the portions of the game people said I wouldn't be able to do, muahahaha.

Anyway, I tried for 2 hours to progress into Mt. Gagazet tonight, I got endlessly mauled by random encounters. This is the first point in the game where I get killed by random encounters without even getting a turn even when it's not an ambush. Every single encounter I have to hope for misses, hope for certain attacks to hit Auron since he has higher HP, and hope for monsters not to kill Rikku, because she gets turns quicker due to agility. Playing the game at this point is just obnoxious because it's solely luck and persistence. There is no skill involved to reaching a new area anymore, only for boss battles, the only way you can progress to the next save sphere is with luck that you'll get pre-emptive encounters, they'll miss you, or you won't fail while escaping. I'm done for tonight, I'll try making it into Gagazet again tomarrow after I get home from my classes.

P.S. I can't even imagine what it would be like inside sin... Frusterates me just thinking about it.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

keep it up man. let us know how Seymour Flux is...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I tried for 2 hours to progress into Mt. Gagazet
    The running total is now 4 hours, I just can't make it to the next save point without getting slaughtered by a random battle. Tough stuff, worthy of mention. I'll keep tallying up the hours I waste trying to escape the clutches of evil nidhoggs and grenades, and god DAMN that machina trio!

BOOOO! *Breaks copy of FFX!*

Man i really want you to do this! Isn't there any way? There must be.
    BURGLEFICKLE!

We will find out soon enough, I hope.

Ahhh, updates, wonderful updates. So here is the current situation. I relentlessly tried and tried and I FINALLY made it across to the next save point, there is no way to do it rather than to just get lucky. The time I did it I got about 4 pre-emptive battles, no ambushes, and I fought lots of groups that aren't too dangerous. A few times I just got lucky, had one chance to escape, and made it. It's gotta be like 15 to 20 battles you have to manage to get lucky in, in a row. But I finally did, and so, I got to Seymour Flux... The verdict......

PUSHOVER!!!

I beat him my very first try, it seems like I did get lucky, however he wasn't too bad. The battle went like this

>>Seymour uses lance of atrophy. Kimahri dies
    >>Tidus switches for Rikku
    >>Rikku uses Chocobo Feather on herself
    >>Mortibody uses full life on Rikku (Uh, he might as well have skipped his turn)
    >>Auron switches for Wakka
    >>Wakka fakeswaps (Gives him a turn under Rikku's)
    >>Rikku mixes Trio of 9999
    >>Wakka uses attack reels (If you get lucky, he'll go down right here, for me, too many of the hits got the mortibody, so he didn't go down)
    >>Seymour casts protect on himself
    >>Seymour casts reflect on himself
    >>Seymour uses flare on himself reflects to Wakka
    >>Rikku uses Fire Gem, he's gone.

So, I went back and saved it, and now I'm posting! I'm gonna call it a night for the game. But as always, I'll keep you updated when I progress.

Blog Entries

Cool.

Soon it's time for the Keeper!!!

The next part is just as big a pain as the part I just did, it's gonna take some more persistence on my part. Random battles are the hardest thing in this challenge, in my opinion. Well... Okay... So they haven't compared to the wedding / bevelle highbridge Seymour yet... But beside those things, random battles are just insane to try to go for a long distance without getting killed. I'm at the part before Sanctuary Keeper where you have to swim around in the Gagazet mountain caves and do those damn trials, like throwing wakka's ball at the spinning oyster looking thing, long sprawling areas with no save for a long time, so much death ensues. I'm hoping to reach Sanctuary Keeper tonight, but that just depends on my luck.

Blog Entries

Holy crap. Sounds frustrating. C'mon. I want to know if the keeper is possible or not.

Haha, give me some time, I'm taking a break now that I've discovered the gem that is Katamari Damacy, I'm addicted. Must... Get... 300m katamari... and roll over.... skyscraper buildings...

well am at mi'hem road at rin and well the g/f was getting a bit annoyed so i had to put it down the nigth but so far NSGIE is a succsess
    Beyond the lines of freedom

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Someone who does Final Fantasy challenges AND has a girlfriend, you're a rare case my friend, a rare case indeed.