View Poll Results: what genres do u like ?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classical

29 55.77%
  • General Rock

28 53.85%
  • Nu-metal

11 21.15%
  • heavy metal

17 32.69%
  • death metal

7 13.46%
  • black metal

6 11.54%
  • pop

10 19.23%
  • jazz

11 21.15%
  • blues

10 19.23%
  • techno

13 25.00%
  • hip-hop

10 19.23%
  • rap

11 21.15%
  • J-pop

12 23.08%
  • Nobuo uematsu

28 53.85%
  • Anime music (i.e- Yoko Kanno)

16 30.77%
  • punk

14 26.92%
  • emo

7 13.46%
  • indie

14 26.92%
  • goth

10 19.23%
  • other-please specify

12 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: genre of music?(multiple choice poll)

Love that Nu-Metal!!! Plus Rap Hip-Hop and Nobuo... cant play FF unless u like the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

i like rap and hip hop, classical, emo, nobuo uematsu, altho in reality i can listen to nething but country and heavy metal (sorry, don't flame). i used to be heavily into emo, but then bands started coming out and everything started sounding unoriginal and boring, especially since a large majority of rock is played with the same instruments. i still listen to emo tho

what takes up most of my listening now and for a long time is rap and hip hop. its just easier for me to relate to. il admit, there are some rappers who all they rap about is stuff that never happened, or stuff no1 cares abuot, lil flip, and all those who only rap about making money. i've spent my time listening to most of all 2pac/makaveli (r.i.p. '96, for those of you who remember my old avatar ), 50 cent, and jay-Z. those people at least talk about whats bothering them in society, and their emotional scars etc. and for tupac, he actually raps about love more than ne rapper i kno does/has.

classical?hmmm....does terra's piano theme count as classical or nobuo? :rolleyes2 well, either way i love both
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Banned

Industrial Metal, Folk Metal plus some Industrial and EBM.
    My favourite band would be classified as Other though.

Handels creation
    Dance music rules
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Symphonic Metal, just about anything by Rhapsody or Luca's albums is godly. I'm also a sucker for anything with an epic feel to it.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Classic Rock is the main one but I listen to everything on a daily basis.

*adds "All of the above option" and votes for that*

Quote Originally Posted by Skogs
    Emo is ok as long as its not wussy emo. Keane and Snow Patrol can off.
    =O

For a start, both bands are INDIE, not emo. And yes, I agree with Keane, the wimpy twats. But never Snow Patrol, Snow Patrol haven't been wussy, like, ever. And I've heard all their songs.

You want wussy emo? Go listen to Dashboard Confessionals and then you'll learn what wussy emo is! *haet*

From that you can tell, I like Indie, mostly UK music at the moment actually. The only non-UK band I've been listening to recently is The Killers.

Oh, and !!! (chk chk chk), they're not a UK band, and certainly belong in a genre of their own. Maybe A-Political Electro Dance Funk Punk Riff Rock.

Rap, hip hop, r'n'b

J-pop and Nobuo uematsu aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i have to disagree. Uematsu is easily up there with the great classical artists imho. he does not plod along for years either. and he is better then most modern classical.

thats just my opinion though.
    xD

My point exactly...

Y'know, Yasunori Mitsuda is far better than Uematsu anyway.

And his name is cooler too.

...I still don't get why any of you would REALLY want to listen to game music outside a game anyway, I really don't get it at all.

Banned

Some game music is really good.
    But good game music usually can't be compared to good non-game music.

Metal.

i like alot of these genres. some nu-metal, punk, heavy, death, black etc. i,m of the impression 90% of rock.metal is crap. its quite a weak genre.

but at its best it is incrediable. and it all sounds good played loud at a nightclub. defenity the genre of choice 4 a night out.

some favs...(only a few)

Evanescence, lots of there stuff

Guns and roses

Sweet child of mine
    November rain

Metallica-lots of stuff except new stuff.

Mortiis- a goth metal techno hybrid. smell the witch top draw.

Arch enemy- Death metal at its best ( its a VERY weak genre normally)

Cradle of filth- very good black metal

linkin park- a rare ting...quality nu-metal (also a VERY weak genre).

nightwish... new albulm is classical/metal fusion. and oh, dont forget wishmaster.
    I want to chastise you for ignorance to the whole of the metal music world (95% outside the mainstream), but that fact that you mentioned Arch Enemy and Nightwish gives you some credit.
    I'll just say that overall EVERY genre has lots of weak music, whether because those bands lack songwriting talent, good melody, actual playing skill, or whatever, but those can't outweigh the best representatives of a genre... Metal is something where there is SO much good (especially outside of the nu-ROCK type radio stations) that you shouldn't take what someone calls metal (IE linkin park, evanescence, or nu-Metallica) as an example of the whole... I wouldn't say anywhere near "90%" of the genre is crap... and the fact that you have a weak definition of what Metal is doesn't help... but oh well.
    I will school thee in the mighty ways of metal no more (By the way I'm sorry if this comes off as pretensious, I'm just defensive about a genre that I enjoy which is so misinterpreted and confused to the majority of today's music listeners).

Some metal bands I listen to, to whatever degree:
    After Forever, Amorphis, Avantasia, Ayreon, Blind Guardian, Devin Townsend, Dream Theater, Edguy, Fates Wwarning, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Kamelot, Liquid Tension Experiment, Luca Turilli, Megadeth, Metallica, Nightwish, OSI, Opeth, Pain of Salvation,Queensryche, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Classical, general rock, jazz, techno, J-Pop, Nobuo Uematsu, Anime(which sort of fits into J-Pop), and orchestrated music. I listen to mainly J-Pop. When I don't feel like listening to J-Pop, I find myself listening to *hort*Bic Runga*hart*.

EDIT: Oh, I also like heavy metal. Old metal, that is. None of the new crap-metal bands that have the gall to say that they play metal music. As you can see, I listen to a wide range of musical genres.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I love oldies and some classical (mostly Nobuo Uematsu and John Williams) but my favorite genre would be jazz. This includes Yoko Kanno's music, which is mostly Jazz and the Blues. I don't like much new music...most of it's crap. But a few bands here and there are okay...

i have to disagree. Uematsu is easily up there with the great classical artists imho. he does not plod along for years either. and he is better then most modern classical.

thats just my opinion though.
    I agree with what Skogs said earlier.

NU is a good musician, just not a great one. And no way does he compare with Beethoven and Bach...there's just no way.

It's not because he writes music for videogames(VG music is often simple anyways), but it's because he's just not that talented. Most of the music he writes often have repetitions up the ying-yang, and these are repetitions that do not really make the mind think. He writes music to fit the game, and that alone will always tarnish his credibility.

Trust me, if you talk with any real classical composers, none of them will ever play NU's music and rank it up there with Beethoven and Bach.

I mean I respect your opinion, but saying NU ranks up there as the greatest of all time is really ridiculous. I'm not even that much of a classical music guru, but I know enough to know that NU pales in comparison to Schuman, Tchaikovsky, etc. People who mainly listen to NU's music list him as one of the greats...he's one of the videogames' greats, not one of the music's greats. HUGE difference there. You should seriously consider listening to classical works, REAL classical works. Not to insult you, but that's real classical music. Rachmoninov(sp?) would chew NU to bits...seriously, listen to classical full time and read a few texts on it...you'll later realize what many FF fans don't: NU's music doesn't come anywhere near those of earlier classical composers.

Not dissing NU or anything, but there's a reason why the National Philharmonic Orchestra refused to play NU's music. It was simple, repetitous, and lacking in overall quality. His FFIV Piano OST was a complete joke, in comparison with some of Beethoven's work, not to mention most, if not all, of the tracks on the OSTs(remixed and all) are downright plain.

With that being said, NU isn't anywhere near as bad as Chingy.

Chingy is the most god-awful musician on the face of the earth. "Errrbody" is the stupidiest crap rap can give. It's the lowest forms of rap...it's not even rap, more like pop music. Seriously, anybody who likes Chingy should consider going to the Psychiatric Association.