View Poll Results: what genres do u like ?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classical

29 55.77%
  • General Rock

28 53.85%
  • Nu-metal

11 21.15%
  • heavy metal

17 32.69%
  • death metal

7 13.46%
  • black metal

6 11.54%
  • pop

10 19.23%
  • jazz

11 21.15%
  • blues

10 19.23%
  • techno

13 25.00%
  • hip-hop

10 19.23%
  • rap

11 21.15%
  • J-pop

12 23.08%
  • Nobuo uematsu

28 53.85%
  • Anime music (i.e- Yoko Kanno)

16 30.77%
  • punk

14 26.92%
  • emo

7 13.46%
  • indie

14 26.92%
  • goth

10 19.23%
  • other-please specify

12 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: genre of music?(multiple choice poll)

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Classical and Rock. My favourite bands would be System of a Down, Linkin Park (not so much anymore,) The Rasmus and most of all, Evanescence. I'm not really sure what Evanescence would be under. They're not really rock all that much, if you listen to their album/demo Origin (it's rare and limited edition though.) I heard goth-rock once describing them, but I don't exactly agree with it.

I don't think a band being mainstream makes them crap, because I bought a CD of a band I saw on a commercial that was on the Project Revolution tour with LP and I had the "mainstream = crap" theory in mind, and that CD sucked so bad it wasn't even funny. So it's not all that true. That was Blindside, BTW. Never buy the CD.

EDIT: A Perfect Circle is also another band I like, I forgot about them.
    Last edited by Rye; 09-17-2004 at 06:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    Metal from the 80's and early 90's is almost 100% better than anything after that.
    Just because you are unable to find the good music from the 90s and the 00s doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    In my opinion the really good music is from the early 90s till today.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    Just because you are unable to find the good music from the 90s and the 00s doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    In my opinion the really good music is from the early 90s till today.
    Thank you

However, I do know that Moose Knight likes a good few bands from after that period, but he seems to not be including them in his statement...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in to most if not all forms of rock music theres very little in that sense I wont listen to. I also like classical and j-pop music. A major bonus for me is if anyone has any takanori goto guitar work, he was the guy responsible for the Ace Combat 4 distant thunder sound track

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova·Rebirth
    Symphonic Metal, just about anything by Rhapsody or Luca's albums is godly. I'm also a sucker for anything with an epic feel to it.
    Same here. "Kings of the nordic twilight" and "Dawn of victory" are the greatest albums ever released.
    But I can listen to almost any metal. But none's like Luca Turilli. :bgl: :rock: :bgl:

I find Rhapsody very unlistenable... Fabio's voice is OK but I can't get into the music... it's too serious.
    Luca Turilli's first album is fine, but I absolutely adore his second album over it. Probably because of the abandonment of the midieval themes in favor of cool synth parts. And much catchier choruses

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r
    I find Rhapsody very unlistenable... Fabio's voice is OK but I can't get into the music... it's too serious.
    Luca Turilli's first album is fine, but I absolutely adore his second album over it. Probably because of the abandonment of the midieval themes in favor of cool synth parts. And much catchier choruses
    I like the seriousness.

Well, at first I thought the same about Lucas second album... since both Rhapsody and the first one is medieval-style. But after listening for a while I thought it was, almost as great as the first one. Demon Heart was one of my fav songs ever... until I listened to it 1482 times in a row.

Meteora = one of the worst albums ever

linkin park truly sucks. they have some of the worst lyrics ever.

personally, i think 70s music and some 80s and early 90s are the best.
    the only 'current' bands that i think are good are tool, a perfect circle, and nine inch nails.

godsmack used to be good, but now they totally cheesed out with now that all their songs have that stupid 'tribal' (idk how to describe it) sound.

in case your curious, my favorite band of all time is pink floyd. they cannot be beat.
    Life is a journey, not a destination, so quit running.

My Blog!
    My Journal!

Philosopher's Inn

Nobuo Uematsu's music would be defined as pop classical music. Not 'art' classical.

Anyway, if I had to narrow music into the 'essential' genres, it would look something like this...

- Art Classical (including medieval, renaissance, baroque, classical, romantic, 20th century)

- Pop Classical (including musicals, march music, film scores, classical fusion, etc.)

- Blues

- Jazz

- Pop

- Rock

- Metal

- Soul

- Urban (including rap, RNB, hip hop, UK garage etc)

- Country

- Folk and Traditional

- World Music (could probably break this up into traditional African, Asian etc.)

- Reggae

- Dance and Electronica

EDIT:// forgot 'Funk'

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    in case your curious, my favorite band of all time is pink floyd. they cannot be beat.
    One could definitely make a case for that

@UltimaShadow: Yeah I haven't quite overdone that album THAT much yet, but some of its songs just beg the replay button

My tastes in music change all the time, depending on weather, season, etc.

Metal: Maiden is my faviorate band ever. I can listen to every single album all the way through and find only a few weak tracks (though they lost some of their edge in the early 90's). I also listen to Megadeth, Bruce Dickinson's solo carrer, Helloween and Rammstein.

Trance/Electronica: The phase I'm in right now. DJ Tiesto, Dallas Superstars, JS16, Daft Punk, Paul Van Dyk, ATB, etc.

Goth: The Sisters of Mercy, my 2nd fav. band ever. Also Bauhaus, Type O Negative, The Mission.

80's: New Order, my 3rd fav. band. Also Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Smiths.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Same here. "Kings of the nordic twilight" and "Dawn of victory" are the greatest albums ever released.
    But I can listen to almost any metal. But none's like Luca Turilli. :bgl: :rock: :bgl:
    hey this sounds really cool. next week i,m gonna download sum tracks and have a listern .

ohh Classical, General rock and Nobou Uematsu are winning at 27 each! go Nobou!(i mean Classical).
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

*snif* techno feels left out... ne way for me, techno all da way. i'll listen to other stuff, mostly cause i have to, or techno's not on. anyway, Armin Vann Burren is my fav. Dj...period

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    not really. they r valid genres and i rushed it anyway so i did not even think of genres like country etc. i,m not sure exactly what genre NU would fit in (he does alot of diff genres), so i just gave him his own thing.

yeah i know its an opinion thread...but many ppl on here are taking the piss out of my music tastes and i will not stand 4 it .
    No one is taking the "piss" out of your music tastes. We all just agree that NU should, in no way, be compared to any classical or renaissance composer. It's like a peanut against a Desert Storm tank. Even some of the modern classical stay heavily outweighs what NU can do.

I still agree with Skogs, NU should be placed in some kind of pop genre. Maybe a videogame music genre...but then again, VG music is composed of mostly classical and techno and some in between.