Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zidane is the worst thief in the history of any game

Default Zidane is the worst thief in the history of any game

My Zidane is the worst thief ever. Is there anyway to improve his stealing percentage or something? I already have his Bandit ability equipped. Does mug affect the stealing percentage at all?
    I don't know how to dance.

Been a long time since I played 9. Is there a way to increase his luck? That would probably do it.

I never have any problems getting Zidane to steal.

Mmm Robe of the Lords
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

too bad um zidane can't equip the robe of lords. I stole one from quale and I'm pretty sure he can't. How do you raise luck. I know how you use equipment for general stat bonuses, but what equip raises luck.

I always equip the Bandit and Master Thief ability on Zidane. You can learn the Bandit ability from a Mythril Dagger or a N-Kai Armlet and the Master Thief from Thief Gloves (that you have to win from the Auction House in Treno).

I think the Thief Gloves raise Zidane's luck, but I could be mistaken.

It doesn't seem to help. I'm trying to steal the pumice piece from ozma and I can get the other stuff, but like I've tried and tried and it went for like 40 turns and still nothing. Then I died.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

u will get it eventualy, just keep trying.

its hard 2 get for a big reason. though nothing was as hard as stealing off th hill gigas
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Funny, my zidanes theif skills were awesome. maybe it was just in comparison to kids pilfer move in chrono cross, which i was also playing at the time, coz SHE was a crap theif, and you could only use it once. i still love CC and FFIX. FFIX is my fave final fantasy
    "I think good and evil are names for things people do, not labels for who they are" - His Dark Materials

I believe increasing his speed boosts his chances slightly, so maybe equip some items that do that.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Look in the FFIX handbook (not the strategy guide, the handbook that comes with the game) and look at the description of all the character stat attributes. If you look next to Spirit, it will say something like:

Spirit affects the character's attack and defense. Higher values enhance your ability to Steal, Counter, and deal critical damage. Also, the character's Spirit determines how long status effects remain and how quickly the Trance Gauge fills.

So, find and equip as much Spirit boosting stuff as you can for Zidane. Bandit is good. Master Thief is also good, but not necessary as you can only get it in that later stages of the game. Mug doesn't increase your chance to steal, it just hits as you steal.

Default my luck

im not too fussy about stealing so it doesn't seem to bother me but my brother goes obsessive compulsive over it and he spends FOREVER getting NOTHING. but ill tell him about the spirit thing, very good discover dude. thanks
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try that later this weekend.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bEoWuLfX
    It doesn't seem to help. I'm trying to steal the pumice piece from ozma and I can get the other stuff, but like I've tried and tried and it went for like 40 turns and still nothing. Then I died.
    Make sure you've received the blessings from all the friendly creatures so that you can perform physically moves (I think Steal also counts as a physical move) against Ozma. Other than that, just keep trying.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Zidane is a LOUSY thief. LOUSY. LOUSY I SAY! LOUSY! Ok, I'm done now. Sorry, I'm playing FFIX and I'm deeply frustrated. I've been fighting an easy boss for half an hour just to steal one damn thing, but Zidane apparently won't steal it. I guess I'll just lay down and die instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    Zidane is a LOUSY thief. LOUSY. LOUSY I SAY! LOUSY! Ok, I'm done now. Sorry, I'm playing FFIX and I'm deeply frustrated. I've been fighting an easy boss for half an hour just to steal one damn thing, but Zidane apparently won't steal it. I guess I'll just lay down and die instead.
    Which boss?