Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I completely alone??

Default Am I completely alone??

Am I the only one who thinks that FF8 was infinitely inferior to FF7 AND FF9. 9 is my favourite, i really really dont like 8. i thought the story just strayed and while the story in 7 and 9 evolved, 8s storyline just changed too rapidly, it wasnt dramatic enough. i didnt think so anyway
    "I think good and evil are names for things people do, not labels for who they are" - His Dark Materials

Blog Entries

FF8 can be inferior to FF7 but not inferior to FF9! I didn't like one thing in FF7 (SPOILER)Aeris died to soon and FF7 passed really faster... FF8 was more slow!

Edit by Big D: Please mark spoilers

FF9 is my fave final fantasy!! I didnt like 8 at all, it almost felt as if i was fighting ultimecia because i had to, as oppose to fighting necron coz i really really really really wanted to complete FF9
    "I think good and evil are names for things people do, not labels for who they are" - His Dark Materials

You are so wrong!

FFVIII is not only better than VII and IX!

Is the best game Ever!
    Don't Happy, Be Gothic

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

8 had a less deep level up and magic system that took longer to do than 7 yet it also had several things going for it. I prefer 8 over 9 purely cause you blinked once and you missed the basis of the story untill you play it through like 7 times. but 7 is superior in my mind but it is held back by all the different craphic engines used for FMV Ok so they had to build the engines from scratch but they should have updated all the FMVs to the same standards (thinking mostly intro and escape from crater with Rufus scenes here plus Diamond weapon getting punched through by the sister ray) it really took your breath away then also there was the anime like engine in the Sephiroth taking Jenova from nibelhiem. Any one of those engines would have improved the games presentation a lot also if they had used the character models from the battle scenes we all know the PS1 could have handled it 8 proved that but they just didn't push hard enough

well, i didnt like 8. at all

how can any of you say VIII is better than IX and VII????

You are not alone, but you are not unopposed either. While you will find quite a few people think that FFVIII is not better than FFVII, you will be sparse to find people who think FFVIII is not better than FFIX. I personally like all of them, I think they're all great. If I had to choose I'd choose FFVIII, but that doesn't mean I think any are superior to the other. I'm not big on comparing Final Fantasy games (unless they are sequels, in which case it's a bit justified).

Blog Entries

The thing about FF8 is that you'll get people that really really love it and will defend it to no end and those that really really hate it and will personally spit on every copy in a 10 mile radius. Meanwhile, you won't find anyone doing either with other FFs.

I'm not sure why everyone is so selective about FF8. To me, it doesn't seem at all that much different from other FFs quality-wise. :rolleyes2

I prefer FFVII and FFIX over FFVIII, simply because I find them to be fun and comfortable. FFVIII is still a great game, just lacks the re-play value the others do.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the main reason people cannot be bothered to replay 8 is the draw system but I thought that added to it overall it made the game more complicated otherwise it would have been over much much sooner

Creator of Life's Thread Krystic's Avatar

i replayed FFVIII 4 times. I didnt mind, maybe cause i REALLY liked it though. I dont understand why so many people hate this game. I mean come on, dont blame the draw system, it isnt bad. It's different from the whole MP thing, but so what. They wanted to change stuff up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    I prefer FFVII and [strike]FFIX[/strike] over FFVIII, simply because I find [strike]them[/strike] it to be fun and comble. FFVIII is still a great game, just lacks the re-play value the others do.

wtf???

um....i didnt dislike VIII coz of the draw system, i disliked VIII coz the story was too "all over the place". it moved to ultimecia too quick. thats just what i think though

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoyed FFVIII a whole lot. The story and characters really captured me.
    However, I enjoy FFVII more. VIII is great, but VII remains the best ever, in my humble yet honest opinion.

If you disagree, then that's entirely up to you.