Thread: FF IV rom hacks??

Default FF IV rom hacks??

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone out there has created edits or hacks or hex thingies for FFIV since I was considering playing it again and always want to travel a different road, or some such.

I used a PS1 gameshark to sloppily edit Edward into the key position of the game, which was fun in my skewed opinion. I made him ambidexterious and made harps one handed so the Dreamer and Charmer (can't remember the PS1 names for 'em) carried him into areas of the game which had good daggers. By the end of the game I had a Full Moon in each hand which caused some fine damage. Of course his HP was always horrible and he never did cast spells but it was still an interesting time for someone who had seen Cecil through multiple journeys and wanted a change of pace.

If anyone could help me with the whole rom hacking, hex editing stuff I'd really appreciate it, in fact I'm going to search for some information on it now. So thanks in advance.
    We all know that the Thief is the superior Final Fantasy figure. <-----PERIOD

Thanks.

I've got a bad feeling that creating such a hack would be out of my realm of possibility.

Know where I could download Zophar's particular tools?? I might as well give it a try.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The tools there are user friendly and GUI based. The tools are easy to find on the website I mentioned. Just be aware that they may be called FFIV OR FFII utilities, since the game was released under two titles. The US rom IS properly called Final Fantasy II (2), but because it's ACTUALLY Final Fantasy IV (4), it may be labelled as such.

Thank ya much. It's nice to hear that they are a bit more user friendly than I originally thought, but I'm still SCARED!!!

Well I gots nuthin but time I suppose.

Well I figured out how to hack things like HP and character and equipment, the only problem is the level up changes won't stay, that is the values I hexed in are fixed!

HELP!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It'd be more productive to e-mail the creators of the program. Either that or read the FAQ.