Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will you be mad if it's not a true RPG?

yeah him

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

Default I would be pissed...

I have heard around that FF7 Dirge of cerberus might be a first person shooter, thats super gay, i would throw burning bags of dog phecies at their windows and cars... i hate first person shooters, and i've been waiting for this game for a long time since i thought it was going to come out in the summer of 2004... i think the game should go along with the ff7 movie advent children, i wouldnt mind it so much if vincent was the main character as long as cloud and sephiroth are still in the game, also there should be something cool to do with your files from ff7 like side quests with your old characters that would be a lot of fun...

this doesnt have anything to do with the subject but i want them to release ffIII on GBA and everyone is telling me their going to release it on nintendo DS, but that is actually ffVI, and i dont give 2 s about that game, i want ffIII, i dont want to play a translated version on an emulator because the gameplay is so slow because of how old the game is... i like the idea of remaking and rereleasing final fantasy games, they should have a big section of their efforts into that, they should release some of the games for gamecube, like a disc with ff7,8, and 9, that would be awesome...or at least ff7 and 8 cuz i didnt like 9
    :nibbles: :<3:

firstly, if you don't like first person shooter games, fine. if this games a first person shooter but you like FF7, you should atleast check it out. if they were to put cloud and sepheroth into the game, it'd take the main focus off of the main character, Vincent, and his quest, and it'd make it another game based around cloud, and not Vincent, which the creators wanted. as for the disc with FF7 8 AND 9, that just won't happen. I think Nintendo had to buy the rights for CC, and i think to do that, it cost alot of $$$, which Nintendo, I think, is laking a little right now. they wouldn't have enough to buy rights for a big game like Final Fantasy VII, and three games on one disc wouldn't b possible, considering that the shortest disc game was...THREE disc's long, and 8 and 9 were four, fitting eleven discs on one, SMALL gamecube one wouldn't make sense

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

First of all... Who cares what kind of game it is? If you don't like it because it's not a true RPG, or if you don't like it because it's not an Action RPG, or a FPS, then why don't you just not play it when it comes out? It's the easiest way...
    I myself don't really care what kind of game it is, as long as the story line is good, then there's nothing to worry about.
    It's most likely going to be an Action-RPG... So far the only characters we've seen Are Vincent, and Cait Sith. I don't think a true RPG would work with two characters... But it did work with three, on FFX-2...

I personally hope it ends up being kind of like Devil May Cry. It would give a neat perspective into the world of FFVII and a change of pace in the same old fighting system. It was never ment to be like the other FF and anyone who expects it to be will be disappointed.
    Why do hot dogs come in packs of ten but hot dog buns come in packs of eight?

Don't laugh at people's pain, laugh at their face.

im excpecting to be dissappointed already...but ill still get it to see why. :: why vincent...
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/Griever205/nyckid11lv.png[/IMG]-->Sig removed for being over the 50 KB limit.

Well, you can't really be upset about DOC, would you rather they didn't make anything at all? Sure, I'd rather have it an RPG, but hey, this is better than nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by dvo
    Well, you can't really be upset about DOC, would you rather they didn't make anything at all? Sure, I'd rather have it an RPG, but hey, this is better than nothin'.
    Actually, if it turns out like FFX-2, then nothing will have been better than something.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Actually, if it turns out like FFX-2, then nothing will have been better than something.
    Burn of the day.

Dirge ain't no RPG. It's like GunGrave. It'll blow. But maybe the cut-scenes will be worth it.
    I'll play it just because Vincent is my favorite character along with Tifa.

I once created a character named Keith Vincent in honor of Mr. Valentine. I then played a game called Shadow Hearts by Squaresoft and found that one of the character's names was Keith Valentine. Isn't that weird? Dozn't matter . . .
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

that was great story! tell another one. :rolleyes2

Why is everyone already saying it'll suck? YOU CAN'T, even if you hate action-RPGs/FPS or what not, it's not even offical that's what it'll be, so just shut up 'cause I'm tried of reading all those posts, and from now on if people start going it that dirction, I'm skipping their posts, it's just annoying. Now after you've played it and hated it, THEN you can complain all you want, you have reason for it, but for now just wait and watch, rent/burrow the game if you don't wanna waste alot of money, and then say it sucks if you think so, we don't need all these posts already.

Anyway, what's wrong with Sqaure trying something new? It keeps things intersteing. And even if sqaure other non-RPGs kinda sucked, you can't say this one will, it'll have differnet people on the production team then the other non-RPG games, and these people might pull it off.

Or not... that's a possibly to... but I'm buying it even if it sucks... I love Vincent that much...

And I admit, I'm not a big fan of Shooters and some action-RPGs, but if this does well, it might just get me into them, might play DMC someday, eh... if it turns out that people who are saying it'll probably suck now turn out to love it, I seriously will laugh my arse off.

Im not saying it will suck im just saying i dont like Vincent and that already makes it kind of bad for me...im still going to buy it and maybe like it and like Vincent who knows but for now i dont like him at all.
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/Griever205/nyckid11lv.png[/IMG]-->Sig removed for being over the 50 KB limit.