Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you be mad if it's not a true RPG?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Default Will you be mad if it's not a true RPG?

Word on the street is that it might be an action RPG... not sure exactly if that's Square's bag.

I was really looking forward to another trip to RPG goodness, so I'll be quite a bit disappointed.

Good, I'm glad it's an action RPG. I got bored with the turn based crap.

"Ok I hit you, now it's your turn to strike at me with everything you have while I don't move."

I hope it playslike Devil May Cry, sounds fun.

well kinda hard to do a RPG with just vincent I think. so i guess i wont be suprised if it's not, but i'll be a little upset, but that's about it

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

yes.I will be.Very.I like that style.But it'd be kinda neat to see another style in the FF titles.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Final Fantasy 7 was THE RPG for me, it brought me into RPGs all together. I thought everyone who played RPGs before FF7 was a DnD type person, I just didn't understand why they would be fun. It was ground-breaking and that is how I know FF7. Honestly, I'm scared of a Final Fantasy 7 that isn't an RPG. I don't think it could be pulled off, and I don't see why it would be attempted.

I read somewhere it's gonna be a FPS.

I guess it would be all right although i am dissapointed. But it worked for KH and DMC. I wonder if the materia system will still be there?

Rawkstar In The Making skatehippie's Avatar

SE did try a different type of game in their FFs: Crystal Chronicles. And it was horrible.

Basically if this isn't an RPG I will be pissed. I like the Zelda games, I like Devil May Cry, but I do NOT want them mixed together to make a gothic action RPG.

I can see why it would be odd having Vinnie as the main character in an RPG, but it would just make it all the more awesome.
    ...See You Space Cowboy!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

KH was an action RPG and it worked out fine. I would be satisfied if it even came close to that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it's KH-style, that won't be so bd. But if it's DMC-like, I'll be pretty upset. Don't get me wrong, I love DMC, but that's THAT game. This is final fantasy. And most of the time, if it's an action game, there's minimal storyline. The stories are what I buy FF for; I'd be more than disappointed.

Meh, it's a little too early to be complaining though. Until I know for sure, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

--Box Box Box Box

Those bastards....eh whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    Those bastards....eh whatever...
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

umm, Dont expect a great story line no matter the gameplay...I mean its mainly about vincent, the most youre gonna get is his past and what he is doing now, not a whole epic adventure like FF7...Also, They declared it a spin-off,not supposed to have the greatest story line so I think an action RPG will be fine. ESPECIALLY if its like Devil may cry, my 2nd favorite game.
    Last edited by Dante WolfWood; 09-20-2004 at 09:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, by loking at the images I never thought it would be turn-based. But I guess it can turn out pretty good.

Impossible to know until it's released.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

They can make any type of game they want, the more the better as long as the quality is good. FFVII is my favourate FF, and it created some of the best characters and environments in the series. If they can be used in new and fun ways then great. Was anyone offended when Link turned up in Smash Bros?

I'd like a new FFVII RPG, but then I'd also like a remake. I'd like an action adventure, and Vincent would be a good choice (Though a dark version of Cloud might have been better though may not fit the plot after AC), but then I'd also like a massive fighting game pitting the characters together.

Between the Gold Saucer, the world and characters, and later ideas like the card games, Square could have thrown out dozens of spin offs. They know gamers care about this game, but if you don't like the ideas they run with, don't buy them.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.