Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dirge of Cerberus Wishlist

Vincent's transformations would actually work well here.
    Hi, I'm God. May I take your order?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Environments: We already know Niflheim's in there, looking prettymuch the way it did in FFVII, so I'd like to see Mt. Nifl and Lucrecia's cave return in the same regard. The streets of Junon in a nighttime setting would be cool, too.

Music: I want to hear refined versions of "The Beginning of the Nightmare" (Vince's theme), "Anxious Hearts," and "Trail of Blood," and maybe a brooding remix of the FFVII main theme.

Gameplay: All of Vincent's original transformations should be implemented in addition to some new ones, but Chaos should remain the most powerful (except, of course, for the super-secret "need the strategy guide to figure out how to get it" ultimate one). Materia should at least be applied to his weapon, if not his armor or accessories. Non-FFVII-fan-service-wise, it'd be nice if he could grasp or tear at things with his claw-arm.

In general, there should just be a consistent flow of clever references to FFVII throughout the entire game, from character appearances (like Cait Sith, but also by minor characters like Zangan) down to passing allusions to issues and events raised in FFVII. (Random Niflheim townsperson: "Hey, remember when the town was just filled with crazy mumbling invalids draped in black cloaks? Was that crazy or what? Haha OH SHI--*Lost Number II smashes through a wall, start boss fight*")

It'll also be interesting to know what happened to Niflheim's citizenry ever since Shin-Ra, Inc. crumbled and the actors stopped getting their paychecks.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey, if they incorporate even some of those things I think it will be quite enjoyable. Transformations are a must, I think.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I want the Turks in the game and I want it to be grimy and bloody as hell. And I do want it to resemble DMC, people act like that would be a bad thing...

didn't all the turks die? or am i just like...out of it?

They should let you play as other characters. Like oh I done know maybe... CLOUD!
    One thing though, I think we can all agree it's gonna be like DMC!
    If they screw this up ooh... Squenix is gonna get a very stern letter!

Remember, the things in parenthesis are (not) important.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can countand those who can't.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva's Effect
    didn't all the turks die? or am i just like...out of it?
    You must be. The only Turk we know of that died is Tseng.

lol oh.

and uh, why make a SHOOTER type game, and have cloud star in it? commen sense, shooter type game, shooter type person I.E. vincent or barret

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

they may or may not be dead, remember that htis is canon to the FFVII story in advent children, and comes after it. and the turks DO start a fight with some nasty lookin seph-a-likes...... *gore and viscera spray about*

I want something dark, gritty, (Midgar slums, etc), a nice amount of blood and gore (but not OTT), decent voice acting (damn Yuna-FFX), the materia and limit break systems, interaction with previous characters, more insight into Vincent's past, and most of all a decent storyline. SquareEnix, if you're listening, please make this a worthwhile wait!

Fast paced chocobo riding while shooting people action. Need I say more?

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

I want you to unlock characters that you can play as once you've completed the game. I also think Rob Zombie would be perfect for this game's soundtrack.

And if this game turns out anything like EHRGEIZ (sp?) I'll go on a killing rampage. >=)

I think it's been made pretty clear that it's an action adventure game, not a fighting game. Don't get all riled up.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see...

While I do like swords, they don't suit Vincent.

I would like to play with Barrett though, that'd be hilarious. Vincent is fine by me though.

More into the story, as said.

None of this "gothic" music, I want great classical/operatic music. Orchestral music that sets the mood and is both passionate and exciting when needed, as well as calm and deliberate when such is called for. Hell they could even steal from Mozart's Requiem by playing the Dies Irae like they did in X-Men 2. I'd still be happy.

No, Rob Zombie would not be good for this game. Neither would Korn. Nor Limp Bizkit.

This music should just meld into the environment without being too obvious; subtlety is not the specialty of any of those bands that were named.
    Hi, I'm God. May I take your order?