Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent's left arm

Default Vincent's left arm

what's up with that

i think that's the thing that allows him to transform for his limits. i'm not exactly sure, but that's what i think it is

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

I dont remember exacly if they ever explained it...but some theories on his "inhuman claw"(possible spoilers)

1.Hojo added an animal claw to him as he used him as a guinea pig for jenova injections.
    2.Parts of him are not able to transform back after his limit breaks.
    3.Everytime he transforms, He loses a part of himself everytime and his body is slowly completely transforming into a mindless monster.(Hey! Maybe a theme in FFVII: DC! who knows)
    Last edited by Dante WolfWood; 09-20-2004 at 09:07 PM.

it looks more metalic then animal like, and if after he transforms, if parts of him didn't come back, more pieces would b gone then just his arm...i think that it just allows him to transform and what not, and like his limits are like injections of different genes, which allow him to transform into different monsters

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's clearly some kind of metallic claw or gauntlet over his left hand. I think Hojo's experiments might've damaged or altered that limb, maybe weakened it to the point where he needs a glove to protect it.
    He definitely had a human hand back before Hojo's experiments, so it's some kind of by-product of that procedure.[q=Dante Wolfwood]1.Hojo added an animal claw to him as he used him as a guinea pig for jenova injections.[/q]Most people agree that Hojo's experiments on Vincent didn't involve Jenova cells. If that had been the case, Vincent would likely have suffered delusions or loss of control, similar to Cloud and the other 'clones'. Hojo wanted to keep Vincent away from the Jenova project, in any case. Whatever was done to him, it involved some other kind of tranformation - something to do with monsters, perhaps. In the FFVII world, the number of monsters began to increase when Mako reactors became widespread; perhaps Vincent's transformations are something similar?[q]3.Everytime he transforms, He loses a part of himself everytime and his body is slowly completely transforming into a mindless monster.(Hey! Maybe a theme in FFVIIC! who knows)[/q]But then, he had that claw from the moment the experiments were finished, and never noticeably changed during the game...

Maybe AC and DoC will clear up this question, and others. But for now, I believe that his clawed glove is something to do with the experiments that made his body capable of demonic transformations, though I don't think a simple piece of clothing could be the cause of so much. He keeps most of his body hidden, only his right arm and part of his face are visible, most of the time. Incidentally, the profile in the game's instruction manual says that "he may seem frail at first, but inside his body lurks a fearsome power".

perhaps his gauntlet his like, geneticly fused to his bones or what ever, and when he gets his limit break, he like, pulls a hulk, and poof, turns into a creature. the gauntlet could hold cells from other monsters, and when he gets angry enough(gets limit break), he literally pulls a hulk

where do his clothes go when he transforms? O_0

Just my 2K.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Rawkstar In The Making skatehippie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    where do his clothes go when he transforms? O_0

Well uhh....MAGIC! =D

I always wondered about his claw as well...mostly just, the why of it.
    I always thought it was obviously a product of Hojo's experiments on him. I think it is definitely metallic and a part of him, otherwise he probably would have taken it off, eh? He was not very happy about what he'd "become" which is why he went to sleep in the first place, right?

Also, when you think about it, his clothing choice is probably quite optional. I mean, aside from the claw, he could theoretically wear his old Turk uniform and pull it off, because there really isn't any other noticable differences right? Maybe his new "self" inspires him to dress like that, though. Oh well.

And his boots seem to be of the same material, though I don't know if they are part of him as well or maybe Hojo just wanted him to match

Something else I always wondered about...why does he use guns? If I had claws for a left hand I'd use that as my weapon....it would suit him better than the whole gun thing IMO.
    ...See You Space Cowboy!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by skatehippie
    Well uhh....MAGIC! =D

I always wondered about his claw as well...mostly just, the why of it.
    I always thought it was obviously a product of Hojo's experiments on him. I think it is definitely metallic and a part of him, otherwise he probably would have taken it off, eh? He was not very happy about what he'd "become" which is why he went to sleep in the first place, right?
    Actually, Hojo put Vincent to sleep, but you're right about the "not very happy" part

Also, when you think about it, his clothing choice is probably quite optional. I mean, aside from the claw, he could theoretically wear his old Turk uniform and pull it off, because there really isn't any other noticable differences right? Maybe his new "self" inspires him to dress like that, though. Oh well.

And his boots seem to be of the same material, though I don't know if they are part of him as well or maybe Hojo just wanted him to match

Something else I always wondered about...why does he use guns? If I had claws for a left hand I'd use that as my weapon....it would suit him better than the whole gun thing IMO.
    Gun>claws. Longer range, more damage. Also, in his human form, Vincent is physically weaker in some ways. He's more frail, but more athletic - a better balancer and jumper, with better co-ordination. So it'd be safer for him to attack from a distance, using his improved co-ordination to get a better aim.

Also, he probably used a gun during his time in the Turks, so he'd undoubtedly retain that knowledge and those skills. Makes sense for him to keep using the same weapon.

I think the claw is there for show. He just thinks it looks cool (and it does ).

:shoot:

Well, Maybe the reason you cant tell hes slowly changing is bc back when they made FFVII, they werent worried about that, just worried about getting done with the game, I mean, They took alot I mean ALOT out...or maybe they left info just for a future spinoff...Thats it! Square soft had planned it from the beginning! Spinoffs on all games! they cant fool me! HAHAHAHA!

oh sorry....Well Big D explain to me about hojo and vincent, I thought Exposed jenova cells into him did something else and then let him sleep ot make him not lose control like the rest or something....It was all hazy to me. SOMEONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! I wanna know b4 DC comes out...

Ansem: *cough*That's the arm that he was shot in*cough*

Kounetsu: *laughs hysterically* Vincent is a Demon! The arm is a device of torture!

so, it's the arm he got shot in. unless it like, totally shattered his bones, i dont think he'd need to wear that. though, maybe gettting shot would have an impact on weither or not he needs it, who knows. maybe he got shot, hojo did some stuff to his arm, and the gauntlet is to help contain his beast form(limits)

theory i heard on another thread:auron is vincent. both left arm, possible theory that auron's arm is messed up cuz of "the claw", but i found it 2 be completely untrue. has something 2 do with ronin/samurai manorisms. just thot id add this cuz im bored *looks at stack of hw* :rolleyes2
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dante WolfWood
    oh sorry....Well Big D explain to me about hojo and vincent, I thought Exposed jenova cells into him did something else and then let him sleep ot make him not lose control like the rest or something....It was all hazy to me. SOMEONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! I wanna know b4 DC comes out...
    We never get to hear the entire story in FFVII, which is cool because enigmatic mystery is a big part of Vincent's appeal.
    But we do know that Vincent, in spite of being a Turk, was a very moral man who opposed Hojo's horrible human experiments, such as the Jenova Project. Hojo wanted no-one to get in his way, especially after Lucrecia became pregnant, offering him a whole new avenue for his sick endeavours.
    So he shot and wounded Vincent; while the Turk was unconscious, he did something to Vincent's body, something which weakened him but also gave him the power to transform into demonic forms. Vincent was horrified about what he'd become; Hojo then put him into some kind of suspended animation and locked him away in the basement of the Shinra mansion. Hojo's letter says that Vincent has been 'scientifically altered', but doesn't offer much more than that. It's probably a good thing that Hojo wanted Vincent to suffer - he could easily have killed Vincent, but instead wanted him to live. So Vincent was left alive, but unconscious and trapped in a nightmare for about 25 years, until Cloud set him free. It wasn't just any nightmare, though - it was all true. The nightmare of loving Lucrecia, but failing to protect her; watching her willingly take part in an experiment on her own unborn
    baby; the horror of being unable to stop an abomination, and then being made into an abomination himself... Vincent often talks about his "sins"; it's easy to see why he has so many regrets about his past.