Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vincent's left arm

the gauntlet could control his limits

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

...Or it could just be a metal glove.
    [q=Antendo]He really has some kind of "armor" on his hand. And he had a human hand. At laest at that FMW sequence (or whatever you want to call it) wich you see when Vincent tells about his past. When that sciencist (is it Hojo or that Gast guy or mayby someone unnamed) shoots him, and after that when he wakes up on that table. When you hear that wierd growling when he transforms, he doesnt have that glove thing on his hand.[/q]The 'alterations' were done by Hojo... and Vincent doesn't actually transform during that cut-scene, he merely wakes up and realises that he's not the same as he was before Hojo tampered with him.

But really, nothing ever suggests that his clawed glove is anything more, or anything less, than simply that. It matches his pointy gold shoes; no-one's been suggesting that his shoes give him supernatural powers. He either has a normal left hand and just wears a strange glove on it, or his hand has actually changed and the clawed glove covers it.

Also, when Hojo shoots Vincent, it's hard to tell exactly where he's hit because of the Lego graphics. However, the angle of Hojo's hand, and the way Vincent collapses, suggest he was hit in the thigh.

i was waiting for someone to mention his shoes...yeah BigD good point it could just be there....just cause i guess that makes sense to, along with ur other theory

Sort of the way Cloud has the shoulder-bracer-thingy, for example.
    Hi, I'm God. May I take your order?

sort of yes, sort of no. sort of yes because...it could just be there. sort of no, because it COULD be some sort of armour

I think the main question here is Who Cares? We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirt, why Nanaki has a headress, why Yuffie has a shield on her left arm, why Cait Sith has a yellow hat, why magic materia is green, etc, etc, so what's the big deal with Vincent's glove? Some things don't have a meaning, they are to be accepted as how they are. If you question everything in life you will get nowhere, and the only thing you will gain from it are more questions. It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    I think the main question here is Who Cares? We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirt, why Nanaki has a headress, why Yuffie has a shield on her left arm, why Cait Sith has a yellow hat, why magic materia is green, etc, etc, so what's the big deal with Vincent's glove? Some things don't have a meaning, they are to be accepted as how they are. If you question everything in life you will get nowhere, and the only thing you will gain from it are more questions. It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.
    What are you a Square exec

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Turk
    What are you a Square exec
    He's not, but then neither are you.

All we know for sure is that Vincent wears a glove on his left hand. It's a real leap of logic and imagination to connect that with his Limit Breaks, which we know to be the result of Hojo's experiments.

Now, on a lighter note...[q=Darkness]We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirt[/q]Pure, degrading sexual exploitation is the only possible explanation.[q]why Nanaki has a headress[/q]They had to give him some kind of clothing, and he'd looked silly in pants.[q]why Yuffie has a shield on her left arm[/q]Convenient storage space for stolen materia, and it also provides additional protection, which she'd need since she's got such a small frame.[q]why Cait Sith has a yellow hat[/q]He's holding out. He's actually got a Hypno Crown (to go with the Manipulate materia he's got when you first meet him), but he's selfish and deceitful so he keeps it to himself.[q]It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.
    [/q]I couldn't agree more. Tetsuya Nomrua's designs are good like that. Lots of little features and details. Squall's millions of belts are another good example; they don't "prove" that he's into bondage, they're just a quirk of his costume that probably have some kind of use (carrying ammo, for instance) that never get fully explained by the plot.

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

Ahhh....uuhh...ehmm....Kind of Exotic fashion?

I always thought that about it. Just a kind-of Complete ARM-armor, just like cloud those kind of armlets also.
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

hojo was working on it
    im assuming it was cut off and a monster limb was attatched ergo mutations

I think he just waers that....He could rip your stomache open with that....wow...I need one heh.......that or he ripped his arm off....but that's doubtful when he transforms he has both arms so.....he wears it.