Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Tonberry HP

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

isnt the ffVII brady guide notorious for being a piece of crap?

well anyway, he does not survive my 4x cut( i think ), so it must be less then 39,997...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

The picture shown in the book also shows that it's a regular Tonberry and hasn't a star above its head (although, I've NEVER seen one of these in the actual game).

aeris2001x2, he survives my 4xCut at 9999 damage each...

:shoot:

I did some math and got a few Ribbons. It's 44,000 now.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Master Tonberry has 44,444 HP, and he absorbs Demi. His attacks are Everyone's Grudge, which really hurts, and Knife, which is an instant-kill move if it works. You can steal Elixirs from Master Tonberries so that you can give some to those Magic Pots, who can be found in the final dungeon, just like Master Tonberries. You can Morph Master Tonberries for Ribbons. You should try to cause 30,000-40,000 damage to an MT and then have Yuffie use Morph with her ultimate weapon for the best results. There's no King Tonberry in the game AFAIK. A regular Tonberry does exist in the game, but he's obviously a lot weaker than the Master, and unlike Master Tonberry, this one doesn't have a star above his head. The only place where I've encountered a normal Tonberry is Gold Saucer's Battle Arena. His only attack in Knife, and he'll use it if you can't kill him before he gets close enough to you. So either kill him or be killed with one hit.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

how much hp does a normal tonberry have?

It can't be that high, because they aren't that uncommon in the arena and you're only fighting with one character.

Can't stop after anyone, not now-I'm gonna' take you out all the same
    "Dazed & Destroyed"

well, i guess you could b right, but it survived neo bahamut 9999, and about six, give or take a few, 2X attack, 9999 as well, so, it has to b atleast pretty high

Yeah. I wouldn't say more than 45,000.

"Dazed & Destroyed"

Casting the E. Skill Death Force or being protected from instant death with materia (Destruct/Odin + Added Effect to armor) will protect you from either Tonberry's Knife attack.

Death Force only targets one character per casting, so you'll have to cast it three times (plenty of time for that, though, especially if all three characters have it).

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolts
    The picture shown in the book also shows that it's a regular Tonberry and hasn't a star above its head (although, I've NEVER seen one of these in the actual game).

aeris2001x2, he survives my 4xCut at 9999 damage each...
    oh very true...my mistake. i,m too got it confused with normal tonberry.

Anyway, regardless of his Hp, if u want ribbions, morph the damn Ho-chu's! far easier(Master tonberry-hardest normal enemy of ffVII).
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Normal tonberries are only in the arena.

"Dazed & Destroyed"

[q=Sephiroth1999AD]There's no King Tonberry in the game AFAIK.[/q]
    I know there isn't a King Tonberry in FFVII, but there is in FFVIII, and that's how I sometimes mix the two.

I fought the King Tonberry in FFVIII on accident, that wasn't cool. I don't know how I survived, because I didn't heal once between any of the tonberry fights. It wasn't really even worth it. Except for the fact that the Tonberry GF's abilitys kick ***.

"Dazed & Destroyed"

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like how you hide your links in your posts!