Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kuja. A crossdresser AND a villain! WOW!

I hate it how everyone says that Kuja looks like a woman. I know he does, but can't you just leave it be?? I actually like that image....

Kuja is clearly a realistic and well-developed character. His aspirations of world domination and a " reign of terror and destruction " were in his eyes , righteous and justified. Kuja liked to deify himself as this god-like " angel of death " whose machinations would herald a "glorious "new age for Gaia and it's inhabitants - like so many others , Kuja's warped ambitions eventually came to consume him. Garland's revelation that he was not invincible clearly had a devastating impact upon Kuja's already unstable mind. His explosion into a mad , berserk rage represented the total collapse of all stability and reason in his mind , and any regard for the lives of thousands was coincidentally destroyed along with Terra.

Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.

In this way , Kuja is clearly a complex and realistic character who deserves recognition as one of the greatest villains of the FF series ...

Quote Originally Posted by chocomog33
    kuja is perhaps the greatest villain ever imo, so i would have to disagree.
    he wasn't the stereotypical villain with huge muscles, or a huge sword, he had magic. and he had as purpose for acting the ways that he did, unlike some guy we all know cough*seph*cough ...
    die, just die now. I WORSHIOP SEPHIROTH (MAY HE LIVE FOREVER)

Sephiroth is a cardboard cut-out of a character compared to Kuja.

So there.
    Last edited by Itsunari 2000; 11-18-2004 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Syntax error

sephiroth is god, he will be waiting there at the gates of video game heaven. he rules all, and kuja would fall in half a heart beat.

He's pretty cool he can talk too much at times and I was confused and wondered if it was a boy or girl and he looked like a clown with the white make-up but I did like his plan and all it was cool he was better than the Scorceress for sure to me. Sephiroth is the video game God!

Sephiroth will lay Kuja out in a hot minute
    sephiroth//SUPERNOVA//
    kuja is at a few hundred hp
    kuja//CURAGA//, kujas hp is a round 7000
    sephiroth//BREAK// minus another 5000 hp
    kuja//FLARE STAR//
    miss!!
    sephiroth//PALE HORSE//
    kuja's a frog!
    kuja//CAN'T CAST//
    sephiroth//DEEN//
    its over...

...kuja can only do Ultima when he loses the battle

and sephiroth is more powerful physically(obviously) AND magically because even though he wuz half- dead at the crater he still had the magical capacity to summon a meteor to accomplish his will

Quote Originally Posted by Itsunari 2000
    Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.
    I agree with you. But I think that Kuja followed the former. Kuja never accepted his fate.
    That's why he attempted to destoy everthing!! Because Kuja'd no choice, Kuja's all alone!
    Proof:
    Mikoto: Kuja... What you did was wrong... But you gave us one thing... Hope... We were all created for the wrong reason, but you alone defied our fate. We do not want to forget this. We want your memory to live on forever...
    ...to remind us that we were not created for the wrong reason-that our life has meaning.

Besides, Kuja's hiding his tail .....
    Proof:
    Zidane: Kuja!? He's a Genome!? Impossible! He doesn't even have a tail...
    Garland: He is only hiding it. He denies his own identity. He rejects the meaning of his existence and tries to assert his own individuality. Don't you see resemblance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Goddess
    If you remember, before the last fight he says something along the lines of: "Ah well...I was going to die anyway...But I'm not going alone...I'm taking you all with me!"
    Yes!! If I die, I'll bring my PS2, PS, FF, ..... (or the most valuable asset) along ... I'm not going alone .... Wow, Kuja can read me. I'm just like him!! Actually, everyone'd act like this, right??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    And when Zidane, being the nice guy he is, goes into the Iifa tree to save Kuja, Kuja acknowledges that what he did was wrong, but he never regrets it. To the end, his emotions ruled him. Emotion was one thing that most villains lack, and that's why I think Kuja kicks ass.
    Every life's emotions, esp villains. But we fail to understand them. And, Kuja regreted. That's why he saved Zidane & his comrades. Before we die, we'll think of many funny things like .... Geez, we don't know unless the time comes. Well, Zidane's a nice guy because he understands Kuja. So, Zidane decided to save Kuja.
    Proof:
    Kuja: Your comrades were able to escape?
    Zidane: Yea... I knew you had something to do with it.
    Kuja: ...I'm glad they made it.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 11-19-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocomog33
    There was no battle going on in Terra when Kuja destroyed it with Ultima.
    well i'll have u kno that i JUST got through playin that part and YOU ARE COMPLETELY...

right

damn, that scene wuz hot...
    i'm not too sure WHO'S better now...

The Ultima thing was cool, that's what an Ultima spell should do. What did it for me was when Kuja stood against the Bahamut barrage and didn't flinch. That was awesome. I think Kuja is at least in the top three of best FF villains if not the best.

Kuja was cool. And he had awsome music. Kuja, Seymor and any of the Sorcersses (apart from Adel) were my fav villans. I also thought Kefka from 6 was cool to. I used to like Sephiroth....but hes boring now.
    Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy! (dam that freaked me out)

There is no denying that Kuja was extremely camp. But at less he wasn't trying to act like a badass the whole game. Beside his battle music was great stuff.
    Zapp: I suffer from a very sexy learning disability...what do I call it Kiff?
    Kiff: nnnggzz.... sexlexia

Kuja is definately the best FF villan of the series. They made it so it was also possible to sympathize with him, instead of just making so you were happy when he died. I don't recall being sad at all when Sephiroth or Ultameca died. I do remember being very upset when Kuja died, and felt very sorry for him when Zidane was all like "Don't you die on me now" and Kuja didn't believe he deserved to live anymore.
    All i remember thinking after I beat Sephiroth was, "Yes! he's gone!"

And as far as his clothes go...get off of it! That's the first thing everyone thinks of and it's so annoying because then they don't appreciate him for the well-developed character he is!!
    "I believe everyone has at least one skill that they excel in over all others. It's something that defines who they are. What is it that defines you?"
    - chaos (Xenosaga: Episode I)

Never ask a chaos/Wilhelm fangirl which one she likes better... It makes for a very unhappy fangirl...

Hurrah Kuja!
    I personally won't respond to witless comments about how much like a woman he looks like, looks are not what one should base their reasoning on what makes a good villan, that makes you shallow... nothing more. and that's all I want to say on that topic.

And for his "Wah, no more immortality, must take revenge on world" bit... First of all, he's young as hell... okay bad analogy, but he's not you're properly upraised kid around 30 some. I can't remember how old, but hardly an adult. He knows he's gonna die because of his younger brother, a player who can't do anything but steal and kidnap while living in the slums. How many of you got mad at your sibling when he/she was playing with one of your toys when you were young? Well Kuja had every right to get angry when his brother was gonna to take his life from him without doing anything to deserve it.
    i want to make an apology to everyone who likes Zidane, I'm fond of him too, but I was just trying to see it from Kuja's eyes.

I don't wanna bash Sephiroth or any other FF villan, so I won't, that's childish.
    Also Kuja is not wearing a actual thong, I'm not sure what it is, but he's not the first to wear oddly revealing clothes. And he won't be the last (cause I'm dressing as him for cosplay at the next Convention in Columbus! ^^)

An one last thing, It's a common misconception that Kuja wants to "take over the world" but he doesn't. He just doesn't want anyone to live as long as he could goo on living too, alittle selfish, yeah, but that's why he's the villan, a good one at that. You can't beat up a villan everyone agrees with perfectly. So I respect everyone who expressed their reason for disliking Kuja with out lowering yourself to the level of a senseless brute.
    "If you're frightened of dyin'
    and you're holdin' on...
    You'll see devils tearin' your life away...
    If you've made your peace...
    Then the devils are really angels
    freein' you from the earth..."