Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kuja. A crossdresser AND a villain! WOW!

Post ....

Quote Originally Posted by Itsunari 2000
    Kuja is clearly a realistic and well-developed character. His aspirations of world domination and a " reign of terror and destruction " were in his eyes , righteous and justified. Kuja liked to deify himself as this god-like " angel of death " whose machinations would herald a "glorious "new age for Gaia and it's inhabitants - like so many others , Kuja's warped ambitions eventually came to consume him. Garland's revelation that he was not invincible clearly had a devastating impact upon Kuja's already unstable mind. His explosion into a mad , berserk rage represented the total collapse of all stability and reason in his mind , and any regard for the lives of thousands was coincidentally destroyed along with Terra.

Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.

In this way , Kuja is clearly a complex and realistic character who deserves recognition as one of the greatest villains of the FF series ...
    I agree. No offense, But I'm still wondering about wether he's a guy or not. That is the only thing that freaks me out about him. Oddly he's still one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy!
    ahh...that might be it.

i think I know where his theme came from. Listen to the music from the Jacohl cave in FF5, and kujas theme (any of them),and you might hear some similarities.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 01-28-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwood Hank
    He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face.
    at first me and my brother thought he/she was a woman
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

i like Kuja but i think Sephiroth is WAY better because the sephiroth you see in the game of ff7 are actually clones who are under the influence of Jenova. Kuja has a bad outfit and look makes he think him as a transvestite no offence but he doesnt seem fit to be the ultimate villain neither Sephiroth we need to have a villain both amstered with strength and spirit as Kuja was physically weak and soft as a sponge while Sephiroth was near immortal he mastered all his materia and spells could handle a sword no one else could making him a great villain just that he was dead was the problem but we know that villains are only human and Kuja was a genome a puppet afraid of death.

Sephiroth was under the control of Jenova thats what made him evil so technically he wasnt a pernament villain

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

have any of you played kingdom hearts? Sephiroth was nearly impossible 2 beat!

I liked Kuja, Sure he wasnt manliness in a can but I love a villain to be manipulative and scheming and if it was up to me it would be more covered below the waist but I did think he lloked interesting. The feathery hair was cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart
    have any of you played kingdom hearts? Sephiroth was nearly impossible 2 beat!
    Yes ive played kingdom hearts and yep Sephiroth is extremely hard to beat...havnt done it yet. But at least i can hit him and actually take something off unlike the ice titan who i cant seem to take any heath off!

Stay on topic peoples... ^_^;;

Anyways, I think Narcissus Reborn made a very good point.

Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy!
    I'd like to see more threads like this in the FF8 forum. ^^

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

your right we should stay on topic.Kuja a villian and a cross dresser...........wow.thats kind of creepy!

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I think it's funny and rather telling that most of the people who support Kuja are discussing his motives, his emotions, etc... while the people who support Sephiroth are pretty much just saying "OMG SEPIROHT RULZ WIT TEH MASAMUN."
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

well we cant talk about sephy's motives. Seeing as they were jenovas and he had nothing to do with it!

I think I have that same outfit.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Y'know, the one thing I love about all these "Kuja is a crossdresser" arguments, is that if Kuja actually was female, we'd be seeing all these "Damn Kuja is HOT!" statements...

I agree with Aaron's: " Kuja was, to me, the most effective villain in the Final Fantasy series" statement. If you want to look at damage, his actions caused a lot more damage than any other FF villain I can think of (look what happened to Bran Bal, Burmecia and Cleyra. And to lesser extents, Alexandria and Lindblum).

Kuja had a certain air about him that made him a much more interesting character. I tend to find magical users more interesting than melee fighters, because it can be a whole lot more impressive. His eccentric speech in particular was interesting, and Kuja had me interested from the start, in much the same way that Edea did in FFVIII. The scenes at the end of disc 3 are probably my favourite in the game, because of the atmosphere that the characters, in particular Kuja, helped create.

I severely doubt Kuja will ever be as loved as Kefka or Sephiroth (sadly, in the case of the latter), but he worked so well as a villain that I actually wanted to see him more often by disc 3. I never felt that way with Sephiroth, yet I did with Kuja, Kefka and Edea.

Just my, horrendously cut down and without my usual Kuja > Sephiroth argument, opinion anyway.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Okay dude Kuja was da bomb dawg!~!~! far east side word!

Like kuja is the best cross dresser in the history of gaming!

:rabite:
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman222
    i think I know where his theme came from. Listen to the music from the Jacohl cave in FF5, and kujas theme (any of them),and you might hear some similarities.
    Certain parts of it come from that, yes. Kuja's theme also seems to have some similarities with the Tyrano Fortress music from Chrono Trigger.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I'm actually quite surprised that there are people who consider Kuja 'less' of a memorable/great 'villain' than other great ff villains.
    Yes, he wasn't 'scary' (I remember my heart pounding in my chest when I went after Sephy or Edea), nor was he irritating like Kefka (in a good way, it made me really want to kick that guy's ass ^^')
    Each memorable 'baddy' in the ff series is very much the same as the others, but at the same time unique.

Kefka- scary, yet so irritating that I didn't care and wanted to make him face the music
    Sephy- intriguing, mysterious, scary, doing the wrong thing without deliberately doing 'the wrong thing' (yes, this sounds weird, it's just mho)
    Edea- See Sephy, yet she just seemed bored most of the time (which somehow added to her character)
    Kuja- Made me go 'Kujaaaaaaa' every time he came about; mysterious and intriguing, yet he was also witty and one of the most intelligent ff baddies around (and that's saying something)
    忘れないように。。。