Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kuja. A crossdresser AND a villain! WOW!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Kuja. A crossdresser AND a villain! WOW!

Ok, am I the only one who finds Kuja extremely annoying?. He's always walking around with a devious music playing in the background and at the same time talking to himself about his disasterous plan that will make him ruler of the earth. All he ever does up until disc 4 is talk to himself about his plan over and over again. And he doesn't even look like a guy. He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face. I know the game is made in Japan, but come on! Well, I'll never accept Kuja as a villain, he's just stupid and cocky. Don't get me wrong, I love FFIX, but I dislike Kuja. stupid ass :/

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

One word: Thong.

Kuja isn't great, but Dark Messenger is, so I'm afraid I'll have to disagree, on the grounds that his Boss Music is awesome.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

....Who's the dark messenger?

Blog Entries

The Dark Messenger is Kuja, and his (SPOILER)trance kuja boss music is called "The Dark messenger".

Yes all villians are usually mad and talk to themselves. It's because they were bullies at school and now have no friends, kids!

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, I don't remember how that music go, but it sure won't ruin my annoyance of Kuja :} It'll remain just as high, I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by chocomog33
    and he had as purpose for acting the ways that he did, unlike some guy we all know cough*seph*cough ...
    Boy, so many people love Final Fantasy VII for all the wrong reasons, I guess people badmouth it for all the wrong reasons also. I have a question to the entire world, did one person even understand this game? All anyone got out of Final Fantasy VII was "Seph had a big swwrede and kill poepeol!!11!!! (WTF 11! = teHJ SUJX!!)"

I guess it's a common thing that (SPOILER)people find out that they've really been dead for years, and the self that is living is only a laboratory experiment and clone, and that you've been lied to the entire time into believing something else when in reality you're nothing more than the monsters created in the same sorts of freak laboratory experiments.

Hmmm, maybe it's not that there was no reason behind Sephiroth's actions, but rather that you slept through 80% of the game just like everyone else who loves or hates this game for reasons they themselves fail to understand.

ANYHOW! I loved Kuja, he was a solid villain and, perhaps it's just me, but I think physical frailty, pseudo-homosexuality and/or homosexual traits are good villain traits. Worked well for Kefka, worked well for Kuja. The idea of a "pretty boy" being capable of so much demise is so much more powerful of a statement than a big burly bad-ass. To me at least.

Kuja is a pretty good villian, he was more human thn others and showed the selfishness and will to live that humans show.. he just went the wrong way about it, he was also a spoiled brat in my opinion, can't quite remember the story now but I think it goes something like this

Garland: That's it Kuja no more immortality for you
    Kuja: Waaaah if I can't live no one will!

And yea the Fight music to Trance Kuja rocks, the start reminds me of that we will rock you song.

Boy, am I so sick of hearing that Kuja is a crossdresser.

He was the best Final Fantasy villain mainly because he did his job so well. In the beginning of the game you catch glimpses of him but you don't really know who he is. Then (SPOILER)you gain insight of him somewhere in the 2nd disc.

He didn't just announce his plans of destruction aloud, he also made it poetic. Kuja didn't say, "I'm going to reign destruction....blah, blah....death...blah....enslave....blah". He made his plans known through flowing words and that was a plus for me, since I love poetry.

He was powerful and he knew it. You ACTUALLY saw him in the game often, rather than the "almighty" Sephiroth. And in the end he (SPOILER)admitted what he did was wrong, and even if he had a chance to go back in time, he wouldn't change a thing that he did.

Some people can't get past his looks, and unfortunately, they will not know the great character he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    All he ever does up until disc 4 is talk to himself about his plan over and over again.
    oky doky. i love ffix too, but i don't think kuja talks about his plan until disk 4. i think he's a lil smarter than that, but im too lazy to post why, mostly because i also agree with everything thats been said :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    And he doesn't even look like a guy. He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face. I know the game is made in Japan, but come on!
    i don't kno what where the game was made have nething 2 do with the characters....neways, i don't see the resemblance between him and a women. yes, he speaks like he's shakespeare, and his clothes are a lil....well, you know. but then again, ffix isn't supposed 2 be real. black mages?rats?dudes with tails?summoners with horns?get the idea?

in fact, in the ending, i found him to look like a cartoon version of sephiroth when (SPOILER)zidane tries to save him in the iifa tree
    Last edited by Lon611; 09-25-2004 at 02:20 AM.
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

It's weird that you don't think so, they almost have the same reason.

Kuja (SPOILER)wants to destroy everything, because he knows he's going to die, and he can't stand that the world is going to exist without him, so he decides, if he dies, everything dies.

Sephiroth (SPOILER)wants to destroy everything because he knows he's already died. He can't stand knowing that he's just a monster and laboratory experiment, and in a sociopathic attempt to be reborn decides to 3/4 of the way destroy the planet so he will be absorbed into it as pure energy and emerge a god among it.

They were (SPOILER)Both created, both couldn't stand a revelation about their lives, and they took basically the same actions.

It's fine to like Kuja more or even hate Sephiroth. I just don't see your logic when you say he was uninspired and Kuja was.

Well, sure... I like Kuja more than Sephiroth also, but for the reasons I listed earlier.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

What? You thought Kuja looked like a girl? Damn, you must know some fairly mannish ladies.

I think Kuja should have settled down and written poetry instead of get all evil. He probably could have produced some killer reads.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    oky doky. i love ffix too, but i don't think kuja talks about his plan until disk 4.
    That's pretty much all he ever does up until disk 4. Sure, he doesn't talk about his main plan, but he talk about all his sub plans with himself while laughing, being all cocky and annoying, thinking he's better than everyone else. I just find him annoying. I'll be dissapointed if he's not the last boss. That way I can't kill him >:/

Quote Originally Posted by Dzen
    What? You thought Kuja looked like a girl? Damn, you must know some fairly mannish ladies.
    Or maybe you know some fairly feminine guys. Or perhaps you like anime, I don't know.

Anyway, I suck at explaining my thoughts, but I'll try even so. I guess his cockyness is what annoyed me in the first place, and the fact that I thought he was a girl until someone referred to him in a male-ish way kinda brought it further, and the fact that he speaks to himself like another idiot all the time until disc 4, and lets bahamut do the dirty work. I have yet to see Kuja actually fighting for himself, instead of ordering others to fight for him all the time. No, I haven't finished FFIX so I don't know yet. I'm playing through it at the moment, actually.