Thread: FFXI Help Please

Default FFXI Help Please

I am considering starting to play FFXI, my system specs I think are good enough (G4ti 4600 128 ddr ram, 512 ddr ram) however I would like to ask if a dial-up connection would allow me to play the game "normally" or would I experience a lot of lag?

Many thanks, Cabal.

From what I've heard, you can play fine on dial-up, the only problem being downloading the updates.

I play on Broadband and my brother plays on dial-up. Dial-up works perfectly fine, except when you dowload something...
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Not sure, but I believe it was said somewhere that gameplay was actually optimised for 56k connections, so if you have any kind of highspeed you'll get your updates alot quicker, but during the actual game you're capped down to the speed everyone else is running. I find this hard to believe in the sense that this game pumps out alot of information, however it is a 6GB install + updates, so it's quite possible that the majority of files are stored clientside for faster loading times, hence allowing smooth performance on slower connections. Would also explain why the rest of my network gets the internet just as fast as ever when I'm playing FFXI, too.

Yea its about the same..i played beta in 56K, now i use cable..i dont see any difference besides patch downloads...and yea its prolly cuz client side, we got all the files...so bleh. More ppl to party with

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3