Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000yrs into the future!

1000yrs into the future!

what games do we have instore for people in 1000yrs time, what ideas could u come up with, what kind of game or characters would you like?

Blog Entries

S-S-S-SLOW DOWN--------

Why are you in such a hurry ?
    Take the time to settle down and get comfortable.
    Don't mad-rush everything...SLOW DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    S-S-S-SLOW DOWN--------

Why are you in such a hurry ?
    Take the time to settle down and get comfortable.
    Don't mad-rush everything...SLOW DOWN

That'd be one game I wouldn't buy.

I'd still be playing King of Fighters non stop.

Comming summer of 2068, Final fantasy XXXVIII

Ralf Sue Joe and Matt (they have run out of inventive names) take on...A mean guy that wants to break crystals! now they must sing in concerts and rub old women's backs and put long sharp things into ugly monsters heads and go to strip clubs and stuff! YAY SEX SELLS! Now with super highly computer aided gameplay! You just LET it play itself! Just watch out for those topless dancers! Now with BETTER graphics, you actualy THINK your getting a lapdance!

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I'd me looking forward to about twenty years into the future where hopefully the whole Xenosaga collection will be complete. Me still replaying Episode IV over and over again for no reason.

Rubedo: And where a great new Gundam anime will come, and I'll keep watching that over and over. FF might lose it's luster till that time, but hopefully it won't.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm looking forward to games that use probes all over your body while you're sitting in a vat of liquid while robots tend to you that places you into a fantasy world draped over your eyes to make you ignorant to the years upon years of robot torture.

1000 years into the future, no one will play video games. Everyone will be injected at birth with microscopic robots that reproduce themselves billions of times inside their bodies, the robots will control every cell action and reaction in their body preventing disease or sickness from ever occuring, halting age once you reach a certain desired one, and allowing you to live a healthy indefinate life for as long as you see fit. No one will play video games anymore because we will no longer have such a desire, every single living human will be stripped of free roaming thought processes and have only one common interest; to learn. Most likely the only games that will be played are things such as Chess and Go, just for testing probability. Virtual environments may be created, but most likely they will only be for training exercises in one discipline or another. No one will have any inspiration to play video games, or do anything else enjoyable for that matter because their minds will not know (or care to know) the meaning of it. This will be the result of a bold anti-war movement to take away that which creates the dissonance necessary for war; free roaming thoughts and personal desires.

Sorry to bust your bubble, a more reasonable question would have been: What do you think games will be like in 50 years? At this time, we'll probably be thinking the real world has bad graphics. And chances are... There won't be any more "Twisted Metal" games. God, at least I hope not.

I already thing FF has lost it's luster. Most of the new FF games suck compaired to the NES and SNES ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly
    I already thing FF has lost it's luster. Most of the new FF games suck compaired to the NES and SNES ones.
    Yep, they're just a speck in the shadow of all the games with colossal luster, such as the great Twisted Metal series. Give me a break, when will people realize they're not being "purist" when they make remarks like this, they're being stubborn. "I wish every game was like FFVI / This game sucks because it's not a rip off of FFVII / These games suck because they're not exactly like they used to be!" I don't know how to tell you this... But you can still be a purist and enjoy the new great games that Square makes. Flashy graphics don't make a good game, but they don't break one either. In an RPG the story and playability are all that matter, and they've consistently been solid. If you didn't like it that's fine, but realize that's an opinion, the game doesn't suck and I'm tired of reading that garbage. If you want to disagree with me about one of the games "sucking" or being a let-down to the series, let me have it. I have the understanding necessary to show you what you missed in the game, and why each and every story has been the work of pure genius.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by ff babe
    what games do we have instore for people in 1000yrs time, what ideas could u come up with, what kind of game or characters would you like?
    >>> Here is your answer..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Yep, they're just a speck in the shadow of all the games with colossal luster, such as the great Twisted Metal series. Give me a break, when will people realize they're not being "purist" when they make remarks like this, they're being stubborn. "I wish every game was like FFVI / This game sucks because it's not a rip off of FFVII / These games suck because they're not exactly like they used to be!" I don't know how to tell you this... But you can still be a purist and enjoy the new great games that Square makes. Flashy graphics don't make a good game, but they don't break one either. In an RPG the story and playability are all that matter, and they've consistently been solid. If you didn't like it that's fine, but realize that's an opinion, the game doesn't suck and I'm tired of reading that garbage. If you want to disagree with me about one of the games "sucking" or being a let-down to the series, let me have it. I have the understanding necessary to show you what you missed in the game, and why each and every story has been the work of pure genius.
    Damn, I like you already.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

We'd all be pretty much dead.

[q=Necronopticous]Yep, they're just a speck in the shadow of all the games with colossal luster, such as the great Twisted Metal series. Give me a break, when will people realize they're not being "purist" when they make remarks like this, they're being stubborn. "I wish every game was like FFVI / This game sucks because it's not a rip off of FFVII / These games suck because they're not exactly like they used to be!" I don't know how to tell you this... But you can still be a purist and enjoy the new great games that Square makes. Flashy graphics don't make a good game, but they don't break one either. In an RPG the story and playability are all that matter, and they've consistently been solid. If you didn't like it that's fine, but realize that's an opinion, the game doesn't suck and I'm tired of reading that garbage. If you want to disagree with me about one of the games "sucking" or being a let-down to the series, let me have it. I have the understanding necessary to show you what you missed in the game, and why each and every story has been the work of pure genius.[/q]
    The game Fantavision was pretty bad. All you did was set off fireworks , but like you said, that's my opinion.
    [q=Meat Puppet]We'd all be pretty much dead.[/q]
    In 1000 years...yes, we would be, wouldn't we?

:shoot:

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I doubt mankind will even last that long, with the earth getting sucked dry like it is right now. :shame: *shrug* Oh well.

--Box Box Box Box