Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: i can't decide!help!

Default i can't decide!help!

ok, b4 i ask the dumbest question known 2 man, let me say that my first ff was ffix (i kno, when it comes 2 ff, im a late bloomer). then came ffx and it was the reason why i bought a ps2. 4 those of u who have beef with ffx, my ffx thread.

newayz, im almost done with ffvi and i've played ffviii (briefly), and hav played ffvii up 2 cosmo canyon (it was my friends and i had 2 giv it bak). and i don't know what 2 do first.

i've been spending A LOT of money recently, and i don't know what 2 do. should i save for ffxii, which looks very promising in my eyez, but duzn;t come out in a while. or should i buy ffvii, which is tried and tru, but then be scrapped for money in a really short period of time. i know it's hella cheao, but it would still mean im broke. i've spent A LOT of money this summer. PLZ POST!!!!thanks
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-21-2004 at 05:37 AM. Reason: bcuz its MY THREAD!!!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF7 can be bought dirt-cheap at a used game shop. Like, less than $10 cheap.

Blog Entries

And 7 is just a great game.

What else do you need to spend on? Get a job?

i could get a job but that would mean i wud get like 30 mins of slp at night. long story short, skewl is almost starting, im gonna b HELLA buzy. ap calculus, ap us history, junior varsity basketball, plus sk8brding (YES, a baller who sk8's!!!been at it since i can remember. 3rd grade i think) newayz that's not the point. the point is im in a very demanding magnet high skewl and m in my junior year when colleges REALLY start looking. so a job isn't really an option.

i know it may seem like the end of the world, but isn't it???AHHHH!!!!
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-21-2004 at 05:48 AM. Reason: duz ne1 read these?

Ah. Well, no, it's not the end of the world. If a friend has it, burn it and play it with ePSXe if you're that cheap.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

lol. seriously ffVII just rules and it is very cheap. just buy that and enjoy ffVI-VIII until ffXII comes out.

i have similar problems with money. so much Game and Anime goodies 2 buy, SO very little money(and i mean, VERY LITTLE )
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    lol. seriously ffVII just rules and it is very cheap. just buy that and enjoy ffVI-VIII until ffXII comes out.

i have similar problems with money. so much Game and Anime goodies 2 buy, SO very little money(and i mean, VERY LITTLE )
    Yeah college books cost too much and so does pot

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar
    Yeah college books cost too much and so does pot
    lol, i,m so broke i wish i could afford Pot . i guess i,m doin ok considering i STILL have no job...

ahh, the life of a low life loser University Bum...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

pot huh?well it's nice 2 kno im taking advice from some1 with good decision making, lol. aight, i think i've decided 2 go and buy it 2morrow.

any1 have any idea how many hours it takes?i want 2 go through it pretty decently, but i don't need EVERYTHING i.e. super weapons, lvl 99 etc. also, any general advice for my first time through?

more specifically, i want 2 kno about the boss at cosmo canyon. i got up 2 him las time but cudn't dfeat him, no matter what i did. my friend said he's dead so use a phoenix down, but by then i had already given the game bak. ne truth 2 this method?
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-21-2004 at 08:12 AM. Reason: bcuz i can
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

good choice my friend.

it takes about 40-70 hours 2 beat first time though it can beaten in 20.

if u want Everything though, we r looking at about 90+ hours and if u include stat and Materia maxing, it could well take 500 hours ...

my advice is to complete the game normally first and then do a more thorough job second play. thats the way i do all my ff games.

Also, Enemy skill materia can make the game really easy early in and has very useful moves throughout the game. to be honest ffVII is not 2 hard(its easier then ffIX anyway). so u should not have 2 many problems.

OH, one more thing. if your not an Aeris loving freak like me, dont worry about training her too high...

thanks 4 the advice, but i already kno wat happens 2 aeris. i've seen the fmv 2, so i don't kno how emotional it'll be. .

also, it's kinda of impossible 2 avoid spoilers nowadays , but i understand cloud has (SPOILER)his memories/past mixed up with zack's. i've seen a guy that looks exactly like cloud but with dark hair. is this him, or is it just an image effect?
    Myspace

yep that is Zack. i hope u will still be able to feel the Genius and emotional power of ffVII, despite these spoilers. . Enjoy it and when your done, post your honest opinion of ffVII on here. u could start some fresh Sephiroth/Jenova debates!!!

Blog Entries

Yeah that's Zack. Yeah use a pheonix down on the boss it should give you a inst kill if I remember rigth *hasn;t played 7 in a couple years*

don't worry, i bet i'll still feel the emotions and genius that engulfs ffvii. shrina tower in the beginning really rocked in every way. that an a lot of other stuff really blew my mind. thankx 4 every1's help.

:jap: :jap: :jap: :jap: :jap:
    Myspace