Thread: Online Friends - Dancing Banana's not applicable

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

*yawn* Online Friends - Dancing Banana's not applicable

Do you feel online friends are real friends, and who would you say are your friends on this board? Don't feel you have to list them all if you either can't remember them all or forget one, and remember you don't have to reply

And yes my life would be a lot less happy without being able to see you guys every day
    Last edited by Baloki; 09-25-2004 at 11:29 PM.
    FOA

oh ya, online friends are just as good as friends you see everyday (this coming from someone with few friends offline and many online). i'm not to sure who my friends on this board are.... probobly GigaGuess, Ansem, Carnage.... and most of the other people who participate in the whole world of EoFF. then there are those friends who i talk to offline but introduced them to the forum which are Erased and 870621345
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Entries

Yea! Absolutely! Some of my friends here is actually better friends than some of those in real life.

Well... I have many friends here but those that I like to PM and really feel like very good friends are: aeris2001x2, Rubedo and beatrix9.
    Now, don't you other guys (doomsday, psy and all the others) that I didn't list feel unloved. You guys are great too but aeris2001x2, Rubedo and beatrix9 are my "best" friends around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloki
    And yes my life would be a lot less happy without being able to see you guys every day
    I agree 100% with that.

I think that online friends can be just as good as real friends, but I think it's healthy to have friends outside of the internet.

I consider every single one of you to be my friend. Except for David.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Lessee....Jenova.Rebirth, poly, Rubey, Ansem, Siric, Beatrix9, Kirobaito...tons more, actually...their names just elude me at the moment...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki
    Do you feel online friends are real friends, and who would you say are your friends on this board?
    Yes, I value some of the people online more than others IRL, as I feel I can talk to them more easily, and also have a lot of fun with them. :goofy:

Also I'd list people but uh... there really are too many, and I'd probably forget someone. But you people know who you are :freak:

(Oh, but not YOU Misfit. You suck. A whole lot. )

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    Lessee....Jenova.Rebirth, poly, Rubey, Ansem, Siric, Beatrix9, Kirobaito...tons more, actually...their names just elude me at the moment...
    You know you can get JR's · thing by typing ALT+1083, right? That's why he had that as his custom title for so long. :o

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I certainly count online friends as real friends, because to me, a friend is somebody who you have stuff in common with, can talk to (even if that's typing) and basically just someone you have a mutual liking with. Some of the people I have as LJ friends I don't know very well at all, but I still think of them as friends because they allow me to read about their thoughts and their life, and I do the same for them.

Some people online I think of as closer friends than others, because we've talked more, maybe on MSN and stuff and I feel I know them a bit better. These include people like Rainecloud, Baloki, Rye, Psychotic, and Yrkoon.

However I still think when you actually meet people from the net, for real, they can be a lot different than you imagine even when you've known them on the net for ages. I don't think you can know people completely without witnessing a lot of things, their facial expressions and body language, and just how they are IRL. I met someone I'd known online for a year, and spoken to every single day (internet relationship thing..), but when I met them they seemed really different. Not bad different, but it was just like it took a while to actually "get to know" them as a "real" person.

But I have so many old school friends IRL that I can meet up with, and not feel like we have anything in common or anything to talk about..which is why I'm grateful of all the people on here that I share interests with, that are on my wavelength, friends. Everyone should luff each other and stuff =D
    rawr

All the guys here must be very cool-since they like FF-but these i have become a little closer than the others and consider them as friends are:Sir Edeon X,Divinity,Lux Trepe,Rubedo,Carnage,Giga Guess,aeris2001x2,Ki Ki,Rusty,Advent Child_6(he is on my school unforunately too!)eternal essence,polyonymous,kilika,Lon611,HIK248,Ultima Shadow ..that's what i can remember for now..
    p.s sorry if i forgot someone...
    Last edited by Armisael; 09-26-2004 at 02:16 AM.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beatrix9
    p.s sorry if i forgot someone...
    Betrayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    However I still think when you actually meet people from the net, for real, they can be a lot different than you imagine even when you've known them on the net for ages. I don't think you can know people completely without witnessing a lot of things, their facial expressions and body language, and just how they are IRL.
    Yeah. The first time I met Liz, it felt weird, but the second time, it was completely normal and stuff. Seeing Greg was different though. In a good way. Except I got two weeks total with Liz, and 4-6 hours with Greg.

Online friends are my friends!

I won't list them because I know I'll forget one person that I love to death and then I'll feel guilty. But my EoFF/LJ friends = :<3:.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Betrayer.
    But you're not my friend you're my....well anyway i'll fix it...sorry..

Member of the KH Trinity

Blog Entries

Hey, stop joking around. :rolleyes2 I KNOW I'm your wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Hey, stop joking around. :rolleyes2 I KNOW I'm your wheel chair.
    No comment...

Member of the KH Trinity

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't realy have many friends, so it is hard to know if the people I talk to most often are 'real', though I'm pretty sure they aren't fake. There a lot of people on the board that I am acquainted with, but the ones I talk to one on one most often are eestlinc, Spuuky, Calliope and Strider, and I like them just as much as I like most of the people I've hung out with over the years.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum