Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another complainy topic where someone whines about a game that has not been made yet!

Another complainy topic where someone whines about a game that has not been made yet!

The names man, the NAMES

Vaan? like....an ugly automobile?

Ashe? Gotta catch em all?

Balflear? BALFLEAR?! .....come on....

The rest of the names we have been told are good....but those 3 realy bug me. I mean BALFLEAR?

Please someone tell me they are going to change those names in translation like they did with Butz. I mean...Butz is better than Balflear.

Think about it, Balf-leer? Ball-fleer? Ba-Lifeer? Any way you say it its just bad.

You might as well call him Hergnic Fuglethorp
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 09-26-2004 at 06:26 PM.

Yes i can assume the names will be changed just like with all the other ff games. Expect the first names to be weird but they will be changed for America. No worries

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What kind of name is TastyPies?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by FFWorshiper
    Yes i can assume the names will be changed just like with all the other ff games. Expect the first names to be weird but they will be changed for America. No worries
    Very few names are changed for the American games, and not always for the better.

I think complaining about the names is very very lame, but whatever. Vaan is actually a common name among Asian families, from what I've noticed. I had a friend named Vaan in high school. Besides, it may not be pronounced 'van', it may be pronounced 'vahn/vaughn'. Ashe? What's wrong with the name Ashe? It's a completly normal name. It's my name, in fact.

Balflear will probably be changed, at least slightly, but I think it's a cool name.

Besides, this is a fantasy world. I'd rather have characters with odd, exotic names than be playing a game with Rick, Tiffany, and Bob as the main characters.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If complaining about names is lame, than what is complaining about complaining about names?

Fantasy names always bug me. I go to tga and the names people pick for their characters just astound me. Nothing wrong with names like Luke or Phil or Dirk (or Sonny!). I agree that these names are kind of lame so hopefully you can rename characters in this one.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Super Delete
    If complaining about names is lame, than what is complaining about complaining about names?
    Your mother. xD

I wasnt complaining though, merely stating that I thought it was lame. Hence the 'whatever'. Then stating what I felt about the names. So hush!

edit: Also, the name 'Cloud' is the dumbest name I've heard for a badass guy. It sounds like a name for a hippie. But, because of the character, everyone accepts and seems to like this name (at least, I've never heard anyone complain about it). I dont think any FF has been devoid of weird names.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Personally, I doubt you'll be able to change the names. In FFX they were able to pull off a script without using the main character's name. I doubt they can do a script without using any names.

I don't think I could relive the "Hey, new guy" of ffx

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I definitely liked him better when his name was Balthier.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I dont think any FF has been devoid of weird names.
    OH! And I suppose you think Butz was a weird name???!

...wait a minute... Okay... So you're right...

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought his name was going to be Balthier? Meh, not that big of a deal. He still looks like a total badass of a character, and that's all that matters.

Besides, these games always have, and always will be devoid of names like "Jimmy Joe" or "Billy Bob". It doesn't work.

Personally, I doubt you'll be able to change the names. In FFX they were able to pull off a script without using the main character's name. I doubt they can do a script without using any names.
    Oh---they are using his name---or at least I'm pretty sure. I heard it being said in one of them` trailers.

--Box Box Box Box

The day I am in control of a guy named Bob who falls in love with Bertha while saving the planet is the day I lay down the controller, pick up the revolver, and end my own life.

I disagree, BoB would make an great hero.
    Word/s.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    OH! And I suppose you think Butz was a weird name???!

...wait a minute... Okay... So you're right...
    xD

I think the guys name is Balthier. not balflear. thats what i got off the official site anyway, and i dunno aout you guys but i pronounce ashe "ash-a". just me, and also, if you're gonna complain about someones name in this game, complain about fran. i mean, come on. fran?? i think the wierd names make FF more interesting. Fran???

oh and what does everyone have against FFX???
    I think it kicks ass!!
    (i havent completed it yet so pleeeeease dont give anything away)

and also, how do you pronounce, "basch"????
    "I think good and evil are names for things people do, not labels for who they are" - His Dark Materials