Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Weapon

Default Ultima Weapon

ok, i just beat FFVIII...finally. well, i beat omega, and he was a pain in my ass, right? right. so, i take my save, leave her castle, and go to fight ultima for the hellovit. so, i go, fight him, and, what, one lion heart killed him. quick question for you all who beat him, was it that ez, or is it just me?

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

I hope you took the time to Draw =)

of course

Ya, Ultima's pretty friggin easy. Sadly ;_;

yeah my friend said when he fought him he was hard, yeah he killed quistes and zell a few times, but, revive helped that, an aura stone, and a holy war took care of him, simple as that. i expected more out of him. when i asked my friend if he had as ez a time, he said this boss was ment to be fought in the third disc...woops...

Holy Wars?

There is no challenge in that...

fight Omega & Ultima without Holy Wars or Hero... is much interesting..

By the wAY, DONīT get the lionhert before fighting Ultima
    Don't Happy, Be Gothic

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

they are both very easy...but Ultima is a god compared to Omega. if they had give Ultima a million hp, then combined with his max speed and Ozma type randomness(e.g- 3 light pillars in a row), then he could very well have challenged for a top ten place in the all time hardest super boss list.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

ya think? lol...ok, i beat the game, went back, and fought ultima weapon...gee, i think it's kinda hard for me not to have lionheart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Laguna...
    Holy Wars?

There is no challenge in that...

fight Omega & Ultima without Holy Wars or Hero... is much interesting..

By the wAY, DONīT get the lionhert before fighting Ultima
    EXACTLY!!! Man, if you use Holy Cheats... ummm Holy Wars... then nothing in this game is a challange. And Lionheart is no fun at all. It only make it even whorse!

Now... I never tought this would have to happen. Someone made a tread with the title "Ultima Weapon" in the FFVIII forum... I just have to...

Ok... I guess this is going to be my longest post ever... *erm*

Ultima Weapon!

To start with:
    Omega Weapon is by most people treated as the strongest and hardest boss in FFVIII... well, in my opinion he's not (any more). Ultima Weapon is actually stronger.

About Me and Ultima Weapon: Final Fantasy VIII was my first true RPG... in the begining everything was confusing... it took a long time before I relised how the junction system really worked. However... in the end I loved the game more than anything else. It was my absolute fav game until I played FFVII (but that's another long story). I even loved the Card game from the very begining to the very end. Then suddenly it happend... I got the Ultima Weapon Card... the last card in the boss card list... and I thougth that the name was very cool. So I couldn't wait until I should figth this boss and was thinking about him very much. Then I reached Ultimecias Castle...
    And I thougth... WTF? I haven't fougth any Ultima Weapon and still I'm just before the final boss. But I figured out how to figth Omega and when I fougth him, it went like this: I survived lvl5 Death (all my characters was at something like level66-68). Squall: summon GF. Rinoa and Zell... um... did something patetic and got slaugthered by Megido Flame. Squall survived since he was summoning a GF (the GF took the dammage and died). But then Omega used Terra Break and I was completely slaugthered. I was like OMG, WTF this guy is impossible! But I still fougth him again and scaned him. Scan: Name Omega Weapon. Me: OMEGA Weapon is this the guy on the card? No, his name was ULTIMA Weapon. Scan: Stronger than Ultima Weapon..blablablablabla, strongest monster in the world. Me: Ultima Weapon... so there's 2 Weapon guys... But where the**** can I find ULTIMA Weapon!?!?!?!? But then I found out how to get out of the castle, get the Ragnarok and fianlly... reach the Battleship Island. I defeated Bahamut... and went trough the DSRF. It took me about half an hour to go from the visible Save Point to Ultima Weapon... and he wiped me out in 1min. But it was worth it! First, Squall went like: I have a bad feeling about this... then the heart pounds... the dramatic music started, as did the battle... and the look of Ultima Weapon was... well, let's just say I have never seen such a cool looking boss anywhere else (not even Omega could compare... and yes, purple is my second fav colour. Black's my fav). But I returned later when my party was a bit stronger... and I defeated him after about 12-15 tries (with the use of Lion Heart ). And I returned to the Castle and fougth Omega Weapon... and got killed... many, many times before I finally defeated him (with the use of Lion Heart and 2 hero items ) Then I played other FFs, got better and more strategic... and then I played trough FFVIII once again... and fougth Omega Weapon... and relised the truth about him...
    (Geez... I don't understand how it could take me so long to relise that )

...Omega Weapons attacks are not random... they are predicable! This is what can make Ultima Weapon more deadly. Now,who is the deadliest of them? Strong and weak: Omega Weapons strong side: Alot more HP than anyone else in the game. Weakness: Attacks are predicable, therefore the player can be much more prepared and know which move Omega is going to use next time. Ultima Weapons strong side: Use Ligth Pillar (one of the most powerfull non-limitbreak attacks in the game) at RANDOM... so you can't be completely prepared. He also randomly use Gravia whitch is also very deadly. AND at level 100 his speed is 2x Omegas and he's the fastest fiend in the game. Weakness: Not very much HP. Uses an elemental attack.
    So basically, the only thing that really make Omega Weapon stronger is that he has much more HP. However... as soon I knew Omega Weapons attack order, I could easily defeat him WITHOUT: Lion heart, hero items, Armagedon fist and The End. Ultima Weapon on the other hand... when I fougth him with the same party with the same stats as when I fougth Omega Weapon earlier... I lost... to 3 unpredicable Ligth Pillars and Gravia followed by Meteor. So really who IS the hardest? If you tell me... then I'll say Ultima Weapon, not because I love him... but, simply because... in my opinion he is the stronger one. If Omega and Ultima Weapon had the same amount of HP, then Ultima Weapon whould kick Omegas butt to the moon.

Now... MOST of thats is just what I posted long ago in another tread about Omega.

THIS part have NOTHING to do with Omega Weapon:

In which FFs do Ultima Weapon appear?

FFVI: Yes... he DO apear in this game but he's called Atma weapon. Now you may think: "WTF? Atma Weapon has NOTHING to do with Ultima Weapon!" WRONG! Time for the Atma>Ultima theory...
    In FFVI there's a creature called Atma Weapon. But his real name is... Ultima Weapon. Why do I (and others) think so?
    Reasons: 1) The name "Ultima Weapon" includes to many letters in FFVI. Therefore it had to be cut to Utma Weapon. Now, atleast 2 things could have happened. Either... they changed Utma Weapon to Atma Weapon because it sounds cooler... or maybe... the calculator replaced the U with an A by acident. 2) There's a sword called Atma Weapon in FFVI... and there's a sword called Ultima Weapon in FFVII, FFVIII(the creature weilds it) and FFIX.(and in japan, Tidus best weapon is also called Ultima Weapon instead of "whatever the name of his best weapon is"). In FFVI a schoolar tell you about the Atma sword. It's a sword created by the weilders spirit (or something like that). Now... did you notice that Ultima Weapon (the sword) changes colour when Clouds hp is low? Because he's close to die and if he dies, his spirit leaves him. This make both Atma and Ultima Weapon get weaker when your HP is low but extremely strong when your HP is high. Ofcourse, after all it's the same sword! 3) The look of Atma Weapon actually reminds a little of the lower part of Ultima Weapons body in FFVIII. 4) You can kill Atma Weapon by taking away its MP and in FFVII Ultima(te) Weapon only have MP based attacks. Which means that if you take away his MP, he's defenseless. 5) If you scan FFX2s Ultima Weapon it says: "Whatever you do... don't call it Atma." Ofcourse not! Because his true name never was Atma. Its true name was Ultima Weapon all the time. They just had to take away 2 letters (L and I) and all that stuff.

Ok, now let us continue with the other FFs...

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon is 1 of the 5 Weapons in FFVII. His look somewhat reminds of a demonic centaur. FFVIIs Ultima(te) Weapon actually have an important place in the story and, while he's not hard to battle... he's very frustrating (those who've beaten him in FFVII should know why). You batlle him both in the air and on the ground. While in the air, you can only reach him with long reach attacks and while on the ground he'll use Quake attacks.
    note: In the final battle with him... he's dammaged and will go down pretty fast if you don't use an elexir on him when the battle starts. This will restore him completely and he'll be a bit tougher. But still no big deal...

FFVIII: The coolest look ever. In FFVIII Ultima Weapon have many deadly attacks and is the fastest fiend in the game (when fought on level 80-100). He dwells in the deep sea research facility where you'll face alot of battles where you can't run and this is the only place in the game where you can batlle 2 iron gigants at once! If you don't have the GF Siren... then you'll have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose against Ultima Weapon. He weilds the same sword as Cloud can get in FFVII: the "Ultima Weapon" sword. But it's much bigger! Which ofcourse means that Ultima Weapon have a stronger spirit!!!

FFIX: No creature... but the sword is still in the game. But in this game it's a double bladed sword that can inflict sleep on the targets if added effect is equiped. The weapon is extremely powerfull and is by far the most powerfull weapon for Zidane.

FFX: He dwells in the Omega ruins and is guarding the path to Omega Weapon. He's way to easy in this game but atleast he have 1 very powerfull spell (holy) which he use... far to rarely.
    However, you can bribe him instead of beating him. If you do... then he'll leave a great gift.

FFX2: In this game Ultima Weapon is stronger than Omega in just about every way... but they'r both way to easy, weak and patetic in this game. However... Ultima Weapon have some great attacks like Meteor and Mighty Guard G!!! But his lack of HP and stats is a shame. :shame:

The stats from each game:
    FFVI: Atma Weapon:
    HP: 24,000
    MP: 5,000
    Str: 45
    Def: 142
    Mag: 5
    MagDef: 97
    Speed: 67
    Evade:20
    MagEvade: 10
    EXP: no
    Drop Item: no
    Steal Item: no

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon:
    HP 100,000
    MP 400
    EXP 0
    AP 0
    Gil 0
    note: you get EXP, AP and Gil in the final battle with him.
    Drop Item: Ultima Weapon
    Steal Item: Cursed Ring (Steal at Mideel), Circlet (Steal at Fort Condor or Northern Crater), Reflect Ring (Steal at Midgar or Corel)
    (didn't have much info about this one) :shame:

FFVIII: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 51,100 - 160,000 depending on level
    Str: 40 - 254 depending on level
    Vit: 12 - 188 depending on level
    Mag: 8 - 213 depending on level
    Spr: 127 - 160 depending on level
    Spd: 27 - 145 depending on level
    Eva: 0 - 5 depending on level.
    EXP: no
    AP: 100
    Draw: Regen, Dispel, Ultima, Eden
    Drop Card: Eden
    Drop Item: 100 Ultima Stones
    Mug Item: Three Stars

FFX: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 70,000 (Overkill: 13,560)
    MP: 999
    Str: 50
    Def: 60
    Mag: 45
    MagDef: 60
    Spd: 28
    Evade: no
    AP: 40000 (Overkill: 50000)
    Gil: 20000
    Drop Item : Level 3 Key Sphere
    Steal Item: Door to Tomorrow x10 (Door to Tomorrow x20 rare)
    BRIBE: Pendulum x99 (1,400,000 Gil)

FFX2: Ultima Weapon:
    HP: 34300 (Oversoul: 67515)
    MP: 9999
    Str: 74 (Oversoul: 84)
    Def: 32 (Oversoul: 82)
    Mag: 53 (Oversoul: 63)
    MagDef: 33 (Oversoul: 83)
    Spd: 112 (Oversoul: 155)
    Evasion: no
    EXP: 3350 (Oversoul: 4230)
    AP: 1 (Oversoul: 2)
    Gil: 3000
    Drop Item: Safety Bit/Rune Bracer (Oversoul: Rune Bracer/Crystal Bangle)
    Steal Item: Supreme Gem

Ultima Weapon challanges (I've done all the following myself):

FFVI: Solo character and without using magic.
    Hardness: Average.

FFVII (In the final battle with him): Solo character, initial equipment and no materia + use an elexir on him when the battle begins.
    Hardness: Pretty Easy.

FFVIII: You have no drawable GFs and card refining is not allowed. You have no junctioning at all... only Abilities like: Item, Magic, GF etc. Your characters only have their first weapons and you battle him at level 100.
    Hardness: Very hard. (and since you won't have Siren you have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose. )

FFX: No.

FFX2 (Oversouled): You are only allowed to use the Black and White mage dress sphere and only the first, useless, Garment Grid. No accesories are allowed. When the battle start, use a stamina tablet on Ultima Weapon and you have to heal him 4 times with X-potions before you attack him.
    Hardness: Hard.

And remember: whenever Ultima Weapon appears in a tournament tread... VOTE HIM!!!
    Because Ultima Weapon is the greatest Boss in game history.
    And just for the sake of it... I'll post this cool link: http://www.googlism.com/what_is/u/ultima_weapon/
    In chase you still don't know what Ultima Weapon "is".
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-28-2004 at 03:03 PM.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: LOL, that's one nice speech you got there Ultima!

Rubedo: I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Long, excellent post
    Wow, what a long, excellent post.

aye, it was a nice one, and i guess it explained some things

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i,ll be an annoying whore though, and say you got ffVII Ultimate weapon hp wrong. it is in fact 100,000 hp .
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i,ll be an annoying whore though, and say you got ffVII Ultimate weapon hp wrong. it is in fact 100,000 hp .
    Ops... sorry. I forgot a 0. Anyway, I'll edit the post now anyway...

Edit: Now the post is done.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-28-2004 at 03:06 PM.

Ultima Shadow must really be crazy...but he has some good points there..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity