Thread: "Deep Dive"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Default "Deep Dive"

What is this "Deep Dive" I hear so much about? Is it part of the "Secret Ending" of KH or is it something else?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Deep Dive was like the special secret scene Another Side, Another Story that you got for completing a bunch of stuff in Kingdom Hearts. I think it was released with Final Mix. It's a clip, 3:05 minutes long that continues the events from Another Side, Another Story.

Visually, it's very similar, but mostly it's a range of blues used with the dark shadows. Below, is what the clip contains. If you want to read, go ahead. If you need the file, contact me and I'll try to get it to you.

It begins on a strange beach with a message in a bottle washed up on shore. Then it shows a rock, Ansem's sign for the heartless flashes on the rock and an Unknown appears, walking out of it. His eyes are glowing yellow.

Both Riku, the blindfolded Unknown on the roof, and the blonde haired Unknown who whipped out the Oblivion and Oathkeeper in Another Side, Another Story, return. They're the main focus of the clip, specifically the dual-wielding Unknown.

He starts to fight off the Unknowns that were summoned, and then starts running up the building towards Riku. He throws the Oblivion chain keyblade to Riku who jumps off from the building. At this point, if you're paying attention, you'll notice that the dual-wielding, blonde haired Unknown takes out a third keyblade, a Kingdom Key.

As Riku falls, the keyblade exchange occurs and they run past eachother, the 13 Points begin to flash on the screen. There was an image on the Ansem Report that showed the connections between the 13 points. They link together to form what looks like a path- lines that connect the points. Each point has a quote or two with it. At two places, the points split into different directions.

After this, it shows Mickey in the Unknown raincoat flipping down onto the top of the building. He wields his own inverted Kingdom Key.

The screen goes black and then it pops up with the Unknown on the beach again. There's two of them, one approaching another one who is sitting on a rock. The one sitting turns to the one standing and says, "He looks just like you." At this point it switches to a short bit of yound Sora floating across a stormy ocean, leading us to believe that this person looks just like Sora.

Then the screen goes black and you see the quote, "It's all coming back to me, the true..."

That's about it. It raises more questions than it answers. It would seem that it has a total of four or five different Unknowns- excluding Mickey. There are at least five Unknowns and we have the names of three- Vixen, Axel/Axle and Riku. There's at least five, as the KHII trailer showed five Unknowns gathered in one place, but there could be more. Once again, this excludes Mickey, who many believe has gone under cover.

So, yeah, if you want the image, I've got it. Just contact me if you want it and I'm sure we could work it out. I don't know where to tell you that you can find it. The place I got it went under.

heres one version. I dont know which one it is, and thats not the real music either http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/99294
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The real music fits much better, though I was surprised how easily the song fit to the scene. It was terribly small though, and I love to just be able to sit back and watch Deep Dive on the whole screen.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Is this it by any chance? Or is this the secret ending from KH?
    I like Kung-Fu.