Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd mildly annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito
    Every single popular artist of today or yesterday except John Denver and country music. I'm all like "I think that Pink Floyd is extremely overrated" to Jebus, that their music is pointless and the lyrics are just dumb, and he's all like "DIE" and I'm like "JD TILL I DIE" and he's like "OMG CLASSIC ROCK R TEH AWESOME" and I'm like "CLASSIC COUNTRY R TEH AWESOME" and then we fence.
    Who wins?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    Who wins?
    I do

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eddie Vedder is cool. Pearl Jam is high quality. My opinion counts more than yours because I have a music degree. I hope you all die.

I like Pink Floyd. They got a bit goofy but they did some great stuff. I was listening to Wish You Were Here tonight. Good stuff.

I really don't like the Beatles, though. Or the Rolling Stones. Or Blur or Oasis.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Floyd did produce albums lacking quality after Waters left, but in no way are they horrible attempts at making music. <i>The Division Bell</i> isn't half bad. Plus, not many bands can say that they produced four perfect albums (Dark Side, WYWH, Animals, The Wall).

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Radiohead has produced two. Pearl Jam produced two or three (at least to me). Yea, four is pretty good. If you think all four are perfect.

did you trade a walk-on part in the war for a lstarring role in a cage?

5, Meddle >=[

actually, Animals is a bit iffy.

eest - yeah, Pearl Jam's good, but Eddie Vedder just annoys me for some reason. Temple of the Dog was much better than Pearl Jam, anyway.

And I don't get how you could possibly not like the Beatles. Especially, say, Rubber Soul and later. Yeah, their early stuff wasn't very good, but...

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Beatles were only good because they mainstreamed Rock (or maybe that's a bad thing), and they had a few good songs. The Rolling Stones were only good because they portrayed the first "bad guys" of Rock, and they had a few good songs.

I have nothing against Pearl Jam. They know how to play.

Meddle had some iffy tracks (San Tropez, Seamus).

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Citizen Kane

Just watched it for like the 10th time in Film class and I still don't get why people consider this movie to be a masterpiece. It's a good movie, and some of the technical aspects of the movie are brilliant, but best movie of all time? Hardly.

AC/DC annoys the hell out of me. I love it when ALice Cooper makes fun of them on his radio show. Them and Rush. Love it.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Citizen Kane

Just watched it for like the 10th time in Film class and I still don't get why people consider this movie to be a masterpiece. It's a good movie, and some of the technical aspects of the movie are brilliant, but best movie of all time? Hardly.
    You lose. This movie rules because it has Orson Welles, the biggest hero of all time.

I love Pink Floyd. But I'm not going to flame you.

I can't stand any of the 'new' music. It all... Well... Sucks. Especially Nickelback. And Story of the Year. And Good Charlotte. And The Used. I'd continue, but I have other things to do other then type every new band on my computer.

As for Meddle being perfect, I don't think so. Echoes, while it is a great song, the lyrics seems to lack the deep meaning that the Floyd is known for. However, I will give you that the album preludes the musical greatness to come.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    You lose. This movie rules because it has Orson Welles, the biggest hero of all time.
    I lose what?

I'm not denying that this movie is incredibly well made, there's a reason every film class in the world studies this movie. It's an artistic masterpiece and basically forced people to re-think how they made movies. Doesn't mean it's a flawless film. I never connected with the characters, and I found it to be tedious and simply put, boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    5, Meddle >=[

actually, Animals is a bit iffy.

eest - yeah, Pearl Jam's good, but Eddie Vedder just annoys me for some reason. Temple of the Dog was much better than Pearl Jam, anyway.

And I don't get how you could possibly not like the Beatles. Especially, say, Rubber Soul and later. Yeah, their early stuff wasn't very good, but...
    Doom is my hero.

Anyway, The Darkness annoy the hell out of me. And my friend thinks that I secretly like them and I'm just badmouthing them. No. They really do suck and they piss me off.
    lol signature

I hate everything, ever. =(

I agree with AC/DC being annoying. Though, I can't say that around the people I know in real life because if I did, in a matter of seconds my head would no longer be attached to my body. After hearing some Pink Floyd songs, I knew they weren't meant to be listened to by me, I don't know.. I guess I just couldn't get in to them.

I can't stand metal, hair metal, or any of the rap groups who never rap about anything interesting.

It's awful.