Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pink Floyd mildly annoys me.

I would really like AC/DC but the classic rock station here plays them pretty much nonstop, so I'm sick of them.

Yams: Yeah, but Echoes makes it all worth it.

The Darkness was amusing for awhile, but the gimmick gets old quickly.

What I really detest is the whole Phantom Planet/Strokes/Franz Ferdinand/Hives/Modest Mouse type of music. I guess they've invented a genre all their own, one I like to call "I-wish-I-made-music-in-the-70's-wait-no-I-don't-because-my-band-is-not-half-as-talented-as-even-the-worst-music-to-come-from-that-era." Two exceptions are the Vines and Jet, because Jet sounds much like AC/DC, you could even call them a blatant rip-off, but at least in their pretending to be someone else they're making good music.

Any band that takes a random word and then throws a number after it immediately gets zero respect from me and I give them no chance to ever listen to their music. (Sum 41 is an exception, and I think there was a reason for their name... but I can't remember it) I don't really care for the pop-punk movement featuring such original and ground-breaking (sarcasm plz) artists as Newfound Glory and Simple Plan, but that goes without saying. Exception being Yellowcard (their two hits so far are both very catchy) and Story of the Year, who I honestly don't think fits in a category with NFG and that other crap, but people insist on considering the two identical. Blink 182 has some great songs in their catalog, but nothing worth buying an entire CD for. I exempt them from the whole "look I'm a number band too" thing because I believe they were the first to do it, or they were at least the first to catch my attention.

Alice Cooper is just jealous because AC/DC is better.

And I've found Pink Floyd to be pretty good, but I don't understand (and am slightly irritated by) teenager's and early 20-somethings obsession with them. Same for Led Zeppelin.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I lose what?

I'm not denying that this movie is incredibly well made, there's a reason every film class in the world studies this movie. It's an artistic masterpiece and basically forced people to re-think how they made movies. Doesn't mean it's a flawless film. I never connected with the characters, and I found it to be tedious and simply put, boring.
    You lose at life. Orson Welles is a true hero, right up there with Stenka Razin and all the other people who kick ass. Since you fail to recognize this, I win and you lose.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Linkin Park mildly annoys me. I don't understand why that band has such a huge following for being so unoriginal.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    You lose at life. Orson Welles is a true hero, right up there with Stenka Razin and all the other people who kick ass. Since you fail to recognize this, I win and you lose.
    If you'd read my posts you would see that I was talking about Citizen Kane the movie, not Orseon Welles the person. It's possible to admire the man behind the movie, but not the movie itself.