Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dogtag Hunting

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's more for novelty, feeling of completion and bragging rights. None of which I truly find are worth the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    The Rays become very predictable after you've observed their behavior enough. It's still tough for me, though, since I always have such little health left after the Tengu run that a single misstep means I have to start all over.
    True enough, there just never seems to be a ration around when you truly need it. However, while the Rays may have a repetition to their strategies, having to go through as many as you do is tiresome. Sometimes you'll just forget their proximity and one just comes in and stomps you. Or while you're distracted trying to lock onto one, one of the idle Rays shoots a missile at you. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishi
    Oh, and don't even try the "tap Triangle to avoid suffocation" bit in Extreme mode without a turbo controller. The odds you'll survive using any of the plethora of techniques people have come up with are miniscule, and it's just not worth the stress of trying.
    It's especially brutal after, say-- five hours of trying to beat the Rays. I was able to somehow survive it without the aid of a turbo controller, but much health was lost in the process.
    Last edited by Shoyku; 10-03-2004 at 06:34 AM. Reason: There is no edit

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyku
    True enough, there just never seems to be a ration around when you truly need it. However, while the Rays may have a repetition to their strategies, having to go through as many as you do is tiresome. Sometimes you'll just forget their proximity and one just comes in and stomps you. Or while you're distracted trying to lock onto one, one of the idle Rays shoots a missle at you. Ugh.
    What makes it even worse for me is that, in addition to not killing anybody, I also always try to get through the game using zero rations.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What makes it even worse for me is that, in addition to not killing anybody, I also always try to get through the game using zero rations.
    There are rations in the Plant chapter at Extreme difficulty? I've never come across any; they'd certainly help me during the "cower and hide" non-fight against Fortune.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Shaking particular guards, with profound amounts of luck, will yield rations. I was speaking in terms of even Normal and Hard mode, though.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Am I the only person who didn't have much trouble tapping triangle to avoid suffication on Extreme mode? I lost a bit of life sometimes but it wasn't that hard to avoid doing.

I managed to do the suffocation bit without a turbo controler.
    I took the head off an electric tooth brush and placed the metal part on the controler. Then it vibrates and taps the button relly quickly.

And the demo had loads of things that they cut out of the final version. You could get a famas with the gameshark, The blood was red, you could shoot 3 limbs and you could kill olga.
    Word/s.

[q=Maxico]The blood was red[/q]
    What non-demo version are you playing? I have the U.S. version, and the blood's red for me.

:shoot:

Red-er

The blood in the final version has a slight blue tinge.
    Word/s.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Shaking particular guards, with profound amounts of luck, will yield rations. I was speaking in terms of even Normal and Hard mode, though.
    Snake would also hand you ration(s) during the Tengu mini-boss corridor.

Although I wish Kojima did leave in the FAMAS, and while it may not fit into the context of the Tanker chapter, he could've at least made it a dogtag reward, or something you can find after a number of playthroughs.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

From what I've observed, Snake only throws you a Ration if your life is in the orange and you don't already have any.

I would like to say that getting a ration off a guard actually has nothing to do with luck. Specific guards carry them. When playing on extreme I was in dire need of a ration after I got done swimming with Emma(damage due to vamp). Turns out the only guard with a ration was a guy with a shield during an invasion mode. He had one EVERY time though as well as other guards through out the game. I still had to shake him like hell but he always had it with out fail.

I got all of teh dog tags on all of teh dificulty levels about a year ago. Then shortly afterwards my dog proceeded to piss on my memory card, and it broke...

As for how I did it... It's not hard really. I think the key is to having nothing to do over summer break.

Ooh, sorry 'bout that, nik0tine. Usually, the memory card should've been able to still function after that...unless the urine got inside of it.
    About the summer break thing, that doesn't matter, I'm simply not as good at this game as others are. I've been able to get tags on very easy and easy mode so far, but I haven't tried anything else yet.

:shoot:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    I would like to say that getting a ration off a guard actually has nothing to do with luck. Specific guards carry them. When playing on extreme I was in dire need of a ration after I got done swimming with Emma(damage due to vamp). Turns out the only guard with a ration was a guy with a shield during an invasion mode. He had one EVERY time though as well as other guards through out the game. I still had to shake him like hell but he always had it with out fail.
    Even those specific guards sometimes won't ever drop them. There is chance involved.

I have never had that happen. I have always gotten it off said guards with out fail. I am not saying I am wrong but the odds they don't actually have it must be really low then.