Thread: 24 (May include spoilers)

Ciddieless since 2004

Default 24 (May include spoilers)

What do people here think of 24?

Did anyone like Day 3, 'cos I thought that it was an excellent series. Maybe not as good as 1 or 2, but still brilliant viewing.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

It wasn't bad. Not nearly as good as the first or second day, but day three was alright. By the way, when does the new season air?

Ciddieless since 2004

In the US Day 4 airs sometime in January or Febuary. Usually it takes another 6 months for it to air in England and Ireland.

The US DVD release of Day 3 (early December) has a 10-minute trailer of Day 4, introducing some of the new characters.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Part 1 was genius of television. Part 2 was excellent as well. Part 3 was good, but too many characters got killed off and without any kind of buildup.

It sucks that I have to waint until January, but 6 months after that! Dang.

24 is a brilliant show and as long as they have Jack it will be good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Super Delete
    Part 1 was genius of television. Part 2 was excellent as well. Part 3 was good, but too many characters got killed off and without any kind of buildup.

It sucks that I have to waint until January, but 6 months after that! Dang.

24 is a brilliant show and as long as they have Jack it will be good.
    Wow u've said soo much, in so little... i cant build on it further, but yes Del is right all the way. I love this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Your talking to the guy who LOVES 24. Look at the custom title. During the time that 24 is on TV I have a avatar to represent that. BEST show on TV.

First Season was the best and day 3 was good also and day 2 was alright. The last 8 hours of day 2 sucked. Horrible writing. They had a good idea but forgot each episode is only 1 hour. Having the president removed from office after 5 or 6 hours after a bomb goes off because he wants to take the time to make sure they are not making a mistake. Thats insane even for this show. Not to mention how pointless and crappy Kim was.

I thought day 3 was really good and a bit shocking(actually releasing the virus was a risky but well done).

Season 4 will air after the super bowl(so I have read). It will run EVERY WEEK. No breaks this time. First episode and last episode will be 2 hours long as well as one 2 hour episode someplace in the middle.

My hope is that they deal with something small like in season 1. An assasination can be kept more under control and you have more personal character interaction than when you deal with huge networks of terrorists with high levels of government and all these people. No one gets a great amount of screen time or personal interaction.

<b>EDIT: Ed, you know the rules about colorful language. Please be respectful. -SD</b>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that trying to go global is a bad idea. There is plenty of drama that can be had in more simple crises.

Damn right; from what I understand...I think that might be the direction they are going with season 4. Something smaller and more controlled.
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 10-01-2004 at 05:20 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My brother thought that a prequel would be a good idea. Then you could use Nina, Chapelle, even Teri and it would be interesting because you already know their fates. Maybe it can be when Kim is little so you wouldn't have to suffer through her again.

I don't think you can do that and I think it is a stupid idea. Nina might not have work at CTU then. Jack was military special opts. CTU might not have even existed then. Palmer was a normal senator or not even. All the major player were probably not even together or in any sort of contact yet.

While it would be cool to some extent, I think it would be too hard to keep up with all the current knowledge and not write enormous loop holes. I am not saying it can't be done. I am saying it is probably way too hard and as a result wouldn't turn out that great.

Ciddieless since 2004

Okay, more spoilers!

What - apart from the end of Series 1 (though include it if you absolutely cannot bear it) - what were the show's greatest moments and why?

My list:

1) The A-Bomb goes off (beautiful blend of camera, music and editing).
    2) Death of Ryan Chapelle (CTU's pain-in-the-ass, but at the end of the day, just another harmless guy).
    3) End of Day 2 - Jack is saved by the SWAT chopper.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

1. Jack rescues his family from the compound. This is hands down my favorite moment in the whole series and one of the greatest integrations of television and music I've ever seen.

2. The bomb going off was pretty cool.

3. Season 3 didn't really have any moments that stood out for me (Chapelle's death pissed me off), but one twist that I didn't see coming was the whole Jack-Gaiel-Tony secret agenda to get Jack back undercover. It didn't make a lot of sense but it was still cool.

Season 1 - Jack goes command near the end after he is told they killed Kim...that was awesome.

Season 3 - Releaseing the Virus

Season 1 - Finding out Nina was on the other team the whole time

Season 2 nothing surprised me and it was way too over the top even for this show. It might have been really good had it not been in the 24 hour format and more like the west wing type thing. It was just crazy and the whole last 1/3 of the show made 0 sense most of the time for everyone's plot. Terrible.

Ciddieless since 2004

The first half was excellent (the A-Bomb) but the second part was very confusing. Maybe if it was in a different format it would have been better, nevertheless it was still good viewing.