Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Be careful. This isn't just a reactor" (spoilers, big ones)

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*coughXenogearscough*

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    *coughXenogearscough*
    I like Kung-Fu.

Why is everbody coughing?

*hands out cough drops*

Anyway, remember all them black cloaked figures at Nibel an Northern Crater and stuff? I'd like to know why #2 wasn't wearing a black cloak when you first see him. He's the sick guy inside that pipe in Sector 5 (Aeris asks you to help him if you go there on your way to her house).

:shoot:

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolts
    I'd like to know why #2 wasn't wearing a black cloak when you first see him. He's the sick guy inside that pipe in Sector 5 (Aeris asks you to help him if you go there on your way to her house).
    Wow in the 7 years I've been playing that game I never realized he was one of them.
    I like Kung-Fu.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=Jolts]I'd like to know why #2 wasn't wearing a black cloak when you first see him. He's the sick guy inside that pipe in Sector 5 (Aeris asks you to help him if you go there on your way to her house).
    [/q]Different people get affected in different ways. Maybe he just didn't have a black cloak handy? Could just be that he felt the 'homing instinct' and not the other parts of the Reunion process.
    A unique response, kind of like the ex-SOLDIER who owns a store in Junon; after disc one, he's wearing a black cloak, but he doesn't have any urge to stroll off somewhere. His different circumstances meant the Reunion effect didn't take the same toll on him.

As for the guy in the pipe again... there's a far-fetched conspiracy theory that he's actually (SPOILER)Zack, but that's generally discredited. See the EoFF archive for details...

My thoughts on Cloud's delusion is partially in agreement with TheAbominatrix. But I do think that Jenova cells did do something to him. When Tifa finds Cloud, he is basically gone, he looks like he's barely aware of what's going on, but he does still have enough of himself left to recognize Tifa. I forget the exact quote, but Sephiroth says that Jenova cells have the power to changes one's appearance, one's thoughts, even one's memories. So Tifa finds him, and she starts saying things to him that I think trigger a Jenova cell effect that changes Cloud, because of what TheAbominatrix said about Cloud wanting to live up what he said to Tifa when they were younger. So Tifa said that Cloud was Cloud, triggering the Jenova cells to make him....Cloud. Then she said he was a SOLDIER, triggering the Jenova cells to make him a SOLDIER. This changed his appearance, making him stronger with mako eyes, ect. ect. But I think that Cloud's knowledge of SOLDIER, i.e. Zack, also went into that, kind of copying things Zack told him over his own memories, which is why when we recalls something his memories are jumbled and out of place at times. And Cloud basically became that person he told Tifa that he would become. But it's not really him, and his concience is in there somewhere along with Jenova and also this new person the Jenova cells have made him be that everyone sees. It's his feelings for Tifa and his want to be that person for her that really saves him from the fate the rest of the Sephiroth clones share. At least that's how I saw things. Really, the only relevance that I saw for Sephiroth saying the line about what Jenova cells are capable of was to say what that Cloud was really just a Sephiroth clone to confuse him and the audience. And when you find out that he was actually Cloud before becoming a Sephiroth clone and not just a science experiment that the meaning was changed . I also think that's the only relevence of the flashback Tifa has of finding Cloud in Midgar.

I'm pretty sure that this is explained in the whole lifestream scene, but is the Cloud in his childhood memories with Tifa really him or is it Zack?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's Cloud. As explained by the fact that Zack was born and raised in a completly different town. Zack has no connection with Tifa, save for when he came as a SOLDIER to Nibelhiem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Typhoon
    And not since this game has Square Enix ever created something so deep...
    There's a difference between "deep" and "convoluted".

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    *coughXenogearscough*
    I've never played that game before, and I haven't really heard anything about it on any other website than here. I suppose I'll try the game out sometime, but I can't say its going to be soon.

Can't stop after anyone, not now-I'm gonna' take you out all the same
    "Dazed & Destroyed"