View Poll Results: Which type of cartoons do you like most?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old School, baby.

12 33.33%
  • Nicklodeon. Whee.

1 2.78%
  • Anime! ^_^

17 47.22%
  • Yes.

6 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime vs. Nicklodeon vs. Old School Cartoons

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Anime is divine. *brainwashes everyone 2 vote anime from now on*
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

...Anime is just plain bad. I mean, if you want emotion, go watch something with real people you can relate to, not to a cartoon.

Old school cartoons, but then Powerpuff girls and Fairly Odd Parents fall into rather new, but thankfully, they're Cartoon Network and not Nickowhuteva.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

*must destroy Lindy for such blasphemy* lol. Each to their own .
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A while ago, it would have been Nickoldodean (sp? whatever), but recently...it's been anime. After seeing aeris2001x2 so enthusiastic about it all, it kind of got me started. (thanks. :rolleyes2 ..... ) So now, I'm hooked. To manga, as well. Old, 80s manga is what I'm reading now.

IMO, old school cartoons are bad. I've never liked them, even when they were "new"-ish. I don't like the humor that's in a lot of them, or the plots. The only thing I liked were the Muppet Babies (if that's considered old school) when I was 5 or 6.

--Box Box Box Box

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old school is radical, dude!

Oh man, don't forget Duck Tales and Chip N' Dales. Oh man, those were the trout.

Don't forget about Aladdin, that was a great cartoon. Sonic(the Paramount one, not the CBS one) The Hedgehog was good too. I remember the Paramount version once had like, 100 straight new episodes. How many shows in any era do that? None.

Not sure if you can count Spider-Man, that was a bit late. Oh yeah, Tiny Toons...and not to mention those Warner Bros specials they use to have on CBS that were an hour long. Oh man, cartoons these days are total garbage. Pokemon use to be good, but went sour after too many stupid repetitions and reincarnations.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh man, Tiny Toons. That show was Godly at one point. *dink* "I hit the bally!" *dink* "I hit the bally!" *dink* "I hit the bally! The baaaaaaall go dowwwwwn the hooooooole... hole in one!"

"Look Daddyyyyyyyyy, it's blimp!"

That little subepisode was one of the greatest cartoon things ever.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

aeris2001x2 said it all for me..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

nothing is better than Transformers, danger mouse and m.m.m.m.MASK they took me too a happy place and left me there to play.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

I don't watch cartoons often but when I do i'm watching Fairly Odd Parents and Sponge Bob Squarepants on Nickelodeon.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Old school. You can't beat the classics. I would watch the flinstones, jetsons, looney toons, tom & jerry, Transformers and all that other stuff over any thing else today. The other channels may have a good show or 2 but if I had to choose between an old school channel, nick or anime. Old school would take them to school!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

motor biker mice from mars

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    motor biker mice from mars
    xD. That show was the product of a deranged imagination.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Denver, the last dinosaur. He's my friend and a whole lot more

I don't know any other lines

I like nick. I like anime. I don't universally like old-school stuff. Sure thinking back to shows like James Bond Jr, Cpt. Planet, and that Peter Pan cartoon is nice, but if we were to watch it NOW, we would be laughing ourselves wet, and not because the show is entertaining, but because it's so haphazardly unbelievable.

Example: I saw an episode of Thundercats like at least four years ago in Florida. It was this bizarre episode where the two children ran off and visited Mum'ra's lair or something. Utterly unentertaining and bizarre. If the show has better episodes, I would probably find something wrong with it, either plot wise or sensibility-wise. Cpt. Planet victimises the planet, and paints 'polluters' as evil beings bent on polluting the world. James Bond Jr. teaches kids to lust after women..which isn't that bad I guess

Transformers bothers me all the time, with its rampant anthropomorphism. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Pokemon are no different in their plot development. And so forth. The 'classics' may be classics, but they aren't 'better' than anything we have now. Frankly since it was 'back then', odds are it was worse, considering the 80's were filled with market share wars. For good cartoons, watch the Flintstones, which btw also has very little character growth, but at least it is very entertaining.

I don't know what I'm talking about

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you only consider television that is believable to be entertaining, I feel sorry for you. Cartoons are a way of expressing imagination, and imagination should be encouraged. TV shows us things we can't see in real life and that's why people watch it. Excluding illogical fantasy and science fiction from TV would be the death of cartoons.

EDIT: http://members.aol.com/babynewyear1983/denver.html
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!