Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Get on with it"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default "Get on with it"

When you're suffering from an illness, do you "get on with it" (IE - your job), or do you take the day off to recover?

Please discuss. Thanks.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm a total wuss when it comes to being sick. I love nothing more than to sink under the covers and throw in a good movie/video game and relax.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    I'm a total wuss when it comes to being sick. I love nothing more than to sink under the covers and throw in a good movie/video game and relax.
    Yup yup. I hate moving when I'm sick.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I have to be pretty incapacitated for an illness to stop me from doing something. If I'm contagious, then I won't go to work or out or anything, but I'll still like clean the house or go for a walk or something. Really the only thing that keeps me at home in bed is a 100+ degree fever. If I'm vomiting, I'll just take a shot of Fenadryn and be done with it. It's always been my experience that Immodium AD works in one dose. Claritin D always clears up my allergies. I'm a big Sudafed (sp?) user when it comes to colds, it always works for me. And if I need it, I work in a medical facility and am privvy to prescription drugs, I just need to talk to a doctor.

It depends on the severity of the illness. If it's just a mild case of the sniffles, I can usually continue on with my daily routine. If it's a full-fledged flu bug, I'm usually down and out for at least a day.

I don't get sick very often, but when I get it, I get it BAD!!
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

I heart your title, Raine.

I try and milk the illness as much as possible, and attempt to get the day off. It doesn't work very often, though, so I end up working while ill anyway.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Depends how ill I am. I've had a cold which I am sure is SARS this week but that didn't stop me getting on with "it", but the flu will take me down

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Depends on how bad the illness is and how much work there is to be done. I don't trust people to cover for me without screwing up, so I avoid taking a day off entirely. I often just end up working from home, since I can access 90% of the stuff I do via the internet.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get on with it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I usually get on with it. I'd rather not, but if there's a responsibility needed from me I feel I have to keep taking part.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

I stayed home when I was at school but i've only been ill once since I left, around the time I started college I wanted to go in for my first day but I was puking on the morning, if the illness wasn't so bad i'd probably go in for work because if I don't i'm not payed.. but if I couldnt be bothered then it'd give me a good excuse.

I stay home even if I'm a little sick. :D

Just to feel safe I take a day or three off from school to recover. But then again, I hardly get sick in the first place. =/

It depends on what I have to do that day. Say if I had a thirty page essay due, and it was worth a huge amount to my final mark, and the teacher was a real ass, the i would go to school. But since i barely ever get sick, i would milk it for all it was worth.
    It doesn't matter what any of us is looking for,we'll never find it,
    because it's not even there

~hayden~
    Some people are like SLINKIES, they are of no real use, but you can't help but smile when one tumbles down the stairs.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One summer I had my wisdom teeth removed and went back to work after one day. There has only been one time where I was too sick to work. It was a terrible stomach virus that lasted a week, but I was still able to show up to one of my jobs (I had two at the time) on the days I wasn't puking my guts out. If I'm breathing I'll go, because you eventually get better and being behind and loss of pay lasts longer.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum