View Poll Results: Agree

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree with me

14 19.44%
  • Like it the way it is

58 80.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advent children and Dirge Of Cereb.

Default Advent children and Dirge Of Cereb.

Don't you wish that it was the other way around? You know Advent children the game and DoC the movie? I do, i'm just not all hyped about this. I want to use cloud as the main character, with cid/tifa/vincent/??? at back, fighting against Seph and just playing it like an RPG. I really have high doubts for the dirge of cerebus game, Final Fantasy is an RPG not a 1st/2nd/3rd person shooting. Why is vincent the main character if FF7=Cloud?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Accepting Vincent as the main character of Dirge of Cerberus instead of Cloud is just as easy as accepting Yuna as the main character of FFX-2 instead of Tidus.

Also, FFT, one of the best games in the series, is a strategy game, not an RPG like most of the other titles.

he's right why can't vincent be the main character he is like the coolest one in ffVII

SE know what they're doing and I like it the way it is...
    besides Vincent is a cool character what's wrong about him?
    Member of the KH Trinity

A journey which spans across many familiar worlds to find friends, hope, and answers...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

They're trying new things, and I fully support that. Honestly, I don't want a FFVII RPG sequel. A movie sounds much more interesting, and honestly, I don't think they could expand the plot of a movie that's going to be something like 1:40:00 into a full blown RPG.

Dirge of Cerberus as a 3rd person shooter is also different, just like a movie. They're throwing in new factors instead of just copying what they did with FFX-2.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, if you can look past the fact that OMG SE IS PUTTING OUT A NON-RPG GAME, Dirge of Cerberus is looking seriously badass.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like the current way it is shaping out. I've always loved Vincent and am glad he gets his own game. A direct sequel to FFVII in game form just doesn't feel right at this point. The movie throws fans a bone and gives them a nice two hour look into what happened after the game, and I think that's enough.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Thumbs up

I like it this way. Vincent was one of my favorite characters, so seeing him get his time in the sun(well, figuritively. the game looks friggin' GBA screen dark) is nice. We'll get some much needed answers about his past.

Besides, SE is being smart here. It was easier to give us a sequal to FFX because it was just released. It was still fresh in our minds. FFVII, while loved by MANY people, isn't as fresh. SE is easing us back into it here. And they're being original with it, as opposed to just rehashing the same thing we saw in FFVII. I happened to enjoy FFX-2 very much, so I'm looking forward to AC and DoC.

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. I almost cried when I heard this. Vincent is possibly the coolest character in the entire FF series (after Auron) and he is my favorite character in FF VII. And even though I would love an RPG sequel to VII this actually seems like it could be much better.

Personally I want AC to be a RPG game and Dirge to be a movie not saying I'm unhappy with it though.

i hope this game will be a hit. but wouldn't it be better if they made a sequal where you had to hae the same memory card to play as extra ppl. like the whole group splits up and then you as cloud gose and finds them again because an enemy is stocking them and then right at the end cloud dies. that would be a great game.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by One_winged_angel_of_death
    i hope this game will be a hit. but wouldn't it be better if they made a sequal where you had to hae the same memory card to play as extra ppl. like the whole group splits up and then you as cloud gose and finds them again because an enemy is stocking them and then right at the end cloud dies. that would be a great game.
    I have no idea what you just said.

Anything carrying over from a memory card wouldn't work. PS2 and PS memory storage is not convertable.

Blog Entries

I dont really care which way it is.... I'm just glad they're doing something after 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna16
    Vincent is possibly the coolest character in the entire FF series (after Auron) and he is my favorite character in FF VII.
    you realize Auron is a ripoff of Vincent? i mean who came first? =P
    oh, and i too love the setup the way it is, couldn't be happier.
    isn't DoC gonna be like DMC? (which is a kickass game, can't say the sequal was as amazing, but maybe the third one will be good again)
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I've had enough of Cloud. FFVII didn't really explain what and why with Vincent, so Dirge of Cerberus was a pretty good idea, now that I think about it. I just hope it's better than DMC.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!