Thread: Nasty little Cactrots

Default Nasty little Cactrots

Hello,

I'm right at the end of FFVI for the very first time, I've tied up all the loose ends, and am leveling and learning spells, since I would like to have a relatively easy time of it when I storm Kefka's tower.

In the process of doing so, I've been playing around with cactrots for their 10 magic point reward, but am noticing that a box appears when the battle starts that says "bundling up something". Does anyone know what this is? I would hate to find out later that they've been stealing my items or what not, since I've toured the world making sure my force is as well equipped as GP will allow.

as far as I know, it means they are preparing to cast 1,000 needles or blowfish or whatever. Either that or they are going to run away, do they do that in FF6? It's been a long time since I've played.

Yeah thats right, they cast blowfish which do 1000 damage points.Not more than that...
    This is for the fallen !Fight to death, fight for live, fight for freedom and remember, the brave heroes will always win.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think they run away in FF6... it's been a while since I've played though, so I'm not sure.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Just use one Bum Rush, they'll never, ever get a chance to damage you. Building up something means they're about to unleash 1000 needles the next turn.

Thanks for the imput. Never did figure it out myself, but at any rate, beat the game tonight !

Great ending. Long, and with some content to it. Too many games fall short at the very end, and after FFVII's ending that I saw years ago, I was a bit worried. (FFVII's was sorely lacking in character closure, where as VI's had plenty- also, not really trying to knock FFVII by any means, I just wanted more on the individual characters at the end.)

Now, I'll go back and do a re-play, taking my time and appreciating the details more. And, this time, I'll wait for shadow (waited until 10 seconds were left last time... grr...), and not feed cid the bad fish. Oooo... and do better at the dinner with the empire... and a couple other little things too!
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Pretty much any special ability will hit and kill them, i.e. Blitz, Swordtech, Throw, etc...
    Figaro Castle

I believe I usually used Drill.

Yeah or Cyan´s Sword Tech #1
    This is for the fallen !Fight to death, fight for live, fight for freedom and remember, the brave heroes will always win.