Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fantasy basketball

Actually if you look at the numbers he was putting up when he went down, 22 points per game, over 7 rebounds and 4 assists, he left quite a void to fill. Factor in how a healthy J-Kidd would have effected his numbers, he'd probably be averaging closer to 26 had he been healthy, which would have made a big difference.

Take care all.

Man, I'm dead last. Just like last year's NCAA tournament bracket.

I think it's a good idea I avoid these pick'ems and fantasy leagues from now on.

You have nowhere to go but up! If you stop now, you'll never be able to build upon what you've done thus far even if it doesn't seem like much.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    You have nowhere to go but up! If you stop now, you'll never be able to build upon what you've done thus far even if it doesn't seem like much.

Take care all.
    I think it's maybe lack of effort. Like, I've been on 4 fantasy leagues, I've always finished last on all of them. I haven't checked my Yahoo! fantasy basketball in 5 months, and when I did...the four starters I had were on IR.

Maybe in the short run, like for 2 weeks, I can probably compete. I didn't even make a single transaction, but everyone else did.

I had Ray Allen, Shaq, Grant Hill (whom I took a chance on and never regret), Q, and others. Allen had a great year and also especially Hill, I love Grant Hill. He's just one of those quality guys that you can root for.

Indeed, when you compete in anything, especially something spaced out over such a long period of time, it can be very helpful to check up every once in a while to see how you are progressing. Some people, myself included, become so addicted to sports, both in reality and on the fantasy side that we border on the fanatic, but on the flip side, we are aware and able to tweak our lineups more often for better results.

I agree about Grant Hill. There's not a classier player in basketball.

Take care all.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Almost any amount of effort would improve your fantasy teams, Dingo, but if you don't think the effort is worth it, best not to even try.