Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Postseason Baseball 2004

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

well yea, but that's why you root for the NL team. You get the Expos next year. NL > AL.

Jeter is on steroids. [/lie]

Deep down, every team and every fan wishes they had Derek Jeter.

Take care all.

I personally don't. Our shortstop is better, and he isn't even a shortstop.

Oh man, that ALCS Game 5 was so exciting. I can't believe Boston won 2 straight...in extra innings...AGAINST THE YANKEES!

Oh man...but I must calm down. Knowing NY, they'll somehow find a way to come back.

Although Sheffield should win AL MVP, Ortiz might win ALCS MVP.

Thing is though, even if the Red Sox somehow defy the odds and make it to the World Series, where will Ortiz play when they play in the NL? The Yanks have a much better chance in the World Series against the NL since they don't rely so heavily on a player whose best position is "Bat".

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Thing is though, even if the Red Sox somehow defy the odds and make it to the World Series, where will Ortiz play when they play in the NL? The Yanks have a much better chance in the World Series against the NL since they don't rely so heavily on a player whose best position is "Bat".

Take care all.
    He use to play 1B, but was never really that great. He was so bad, he averaged an error for every 4 games. But his offensive power is too much not to put in the lineup.

So, they'd take out Millar then in place of Ortiz? They'll have to make a very tough choice about who plays and who sits, IF, and it's a very big IF they advance. I still don't see them making it, to be frank, but sports are played on the field. Everything else is just speculation, which is what makes sports so great.

Take care all.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would be so historic for the Sox to win the last two games of the ALCS that the only thing that could be more historic is for them to win the WS too.

Of course, the Red Sox don't need to get any production out of Ortiz in the NL park because thanks to the stupid all-star game, they get 4 home games and could win all of them.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Go 'stros! Beltran is something else, though Kent was the hero tonight. Actually, Backey probably was. Go Boston and Houston!

I'd want Jeter because Jeter doesn't lose. He's like Tom Brady, not the best, but finds a way to win when it counts. I'd take him over any SS in the majors.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boston and Houston, yes. Boston's gonna screw up though.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I would like it if Boston beat NY. I just don't like NY. I also want the Cards to win. I think everything got really interesting tonight. Imagine how tired the pitchers are going to be in game 6 of the ALCS. They just came off of Back to Back extra innings and not short ones either.

I also think the catch phrase they use is stupidly funny "You can't script October" meaning that all the other months are scripted

Articles

Off the top of my head, no team in postseason history has ever come back from a 3 games to none deficit to win a best-of-seven series. I could be wrong, but either way... the odds are stacked against the Sox, especially since they have to go back to the Bronx.

And concerning Millar and Ortiz... well, they'd probably play Ortiz either way, since St. Louis and Houston are both stacked with righties in their rotation.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

while no team has ever come back from being down 3-0 in a best of seven, with the pitching situation, who knows. If Schilling can actually pitch without his leg falling off, that could be all the Sox need.