View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Style 1

17 23.29%
  • Style 2

51 69.86%
  • Style 3

5 6.85%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vote for EyesOnFF.com's New Look!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Default Vote for EyesOnFF.com's New Look!

Basically, no matter how much I like one style more than another, it really comes down to what you like the best. After all, the site is here to please the visitor, not me.

I'd like to give everyone that participated a huge thank you. Believe me, narrowing it down to 3 styles was quite a task.

So I have narrowed it down to what I believe are the 3 best selections. (Some artists made multiple versions of the same basic style, and I have chosen what I liked best) You will vote, and the winner will be awarded the $200 as well has have their style replace the existing eyesonff.com.

<I>By the way, whatever style chosen will probably be implemented into the forums. However, you will still be able to choose this current style.</i>

Here we go.

<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/redesign/1.htm">Style 1</a>
    <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/redesign/2.htm">Style 2</a>
    <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/redesign/3.htm">Style 3</a>

Please look at all styles before you vote. Also, please note that I have turned on voting for Unregistered members so that everyone can participate. No, they will not be able to vote twice.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess we can comment as well as vote so..here's what I think.

They all look good, but I'm going for number 2.

Number 1 - nice but..too dark..and the white lines just seem a little..too bright?..against the dark. It looks good like that in a way but..too much contrast maybe? Also I don't really like the colours in the "Final Fantasy" bit of the title..too many colours. Also..I think it's a little boring graphically.

Number 2 - My favourite, really nice. The colour scheme looks very original, I can't think of a site where I've seen it before. The graphics at the top look really nice and match the colours of the site. Little things like the way the chocobo comes down over the banner look really good. The title looks nice and neat, all of the layout and content looks neat. Not too much contrast, and not too boring. Very neat, very nice, and unique. I think this would be a good choice..

Number 3 - It's very nice but..in a way it seems like it's trying to look too "modern" or too "clever", with the corners and the font style and stuff. You know like, how people start doing sites in the same sorta style, well that's what it makes me think of. It's very organised and neat looking, but a little too umm..like it's trying to look good. The second looks more homely, and more EoFF like. This one seems like... FF Insider like =P Plus the banner has Ashe and Vaan as the main content. This is like some of the annoying sites that only put pictures from the latest FF's in the banner, and forget the others exist. Okay it has Cid and Zidane in there, but still. It seems too like..graphic whorish =P

I just really love the second, and I think it suits the atmosphere of EoFF. <3
    rawr

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm going with style 2 too. Style 1 is too hard on the eyes for me after a while and style 3 gets hard to read after a while.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Smile

How odd that I voted in the same catagory as Xander someone who I feel is more of a modern web designer and would have thought would have gone for 3.

I'd probably edit the colours and menues slightly on version 2, but it seems to fit with EoFF's style, well done Not too keen on 1, and liked 3 but it is too modern for me *How old fasioned and modern people are usually older then me as well xD*

Good luck all of the entrants and well done Cid for picking the 3 you like best rather then saying, OMG lik choose 1 of these n number of sites
    FOA

I like the second. Its a nifty design.
    I like the images along the top of the third however they need to have the white lines removed round them I think.

Maybe some alteration to the menus on the second one, but I think its a much better design overall.

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

I would rather have the original, but #2 is the best of the three....#2 would look better blue.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I voted for Style 2. It's very beautiful, and the design is just as simple as the current one. Plus, the banner is real easy on the eyes, and it fits well with the overall design of the site.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Just like pie... I like the orginal better. But 1 and 2 looks pretty good too... *checks poll result so far* 2 have the most votes so far... so I'll go with 1 just for the sake of it! *votes1*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

#2 looks awesome. Are we going to get a forum style to match which ever one wins?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Pie!
    #2 looks awesome. Are we going to get a forum style to match which ever one wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    <I>By the way, whatever style chosen will probably be implemented into the forums. However, you will still be able to choose this current style.</i>

I like them all, but I voted for number two. I find it's more colourful than the other two. And I like brown-beige ish colour.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I voted for #1. I really liked #2 as well, but, it would just be too weird to me for this place not to be dark blue shades. Heh. And #3 was way too hard to read.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    Did I tell you that I can't read? Cause I can't.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The one that I find to be the nicest site look of the three listed is winning already by a fair margin. I don't think I can vote, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Hmm, well personaly, we believe that #1 was the best. Two looked very great and original, but I just couldn't get into that EOFF feel.

Rubedo: #3 was great too, but still, seemed like it was missing something. #1 felt like an exciting site, I've always liked the darker ones, but that's just me, so my vote therefore goes to one...

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*