View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Style 1

17 23.29%
  • Style 2

51 69.86%
  • Style 3

5 6.85%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vote for EyesOnFF.com's New Look!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Style 1: The wide varieties in the 'Eyes on FF' banner looks a little messy; the general contrast and balance of colours doesn't appeal to me.

Style 2: Orange = not my kind of thing, either. The pictures at the top seem sort of like a semi-random jumble, and there's undue emphasis on Aeris' chest...

Style 3: Not bad, but again the banner is a bit of a mess - a poor font, and a predominance of FFVII: AC characters.

Out of all of those, I like Style 2 the best. While it's not my favourite colour, the balance is good. A nice feel of consistency that the others lack. The use of the current EoFF fonts is nice.
    In fact... if Style 2 could be changed from an orange-scale to a blue-scale, it'd be superb.

However, I don't feel that any of the designs are better than the current style. Just my opinion, though. I'd prefer that it not be changed, unless it was being changed to something like the EoFF Ash style from the forums.
    I won't vote at this stage, but I'll vote for Style 2 later if it needs help to win...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just on a sidenote, but what I personally feel to be a significant one, I do agree with Big D that I'd rather see style two as blue.

Style #2 is still miles ahead of #1 and #3, though, at least that's how I feel about things.

I suppose I'll say it once and leave it at that (at least here), after a month or so of thought, I still think that improvements are needed for EoFF but not a redesign.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Just on a sidenote, but what I personally feel to be a significant one, I do agree with Big D that I'd rather see style two as blue. Not because orange is awful but because FFO, our main competitor, is also this colour, and I think we should stick to our colours. You wouldn't see your favourite rugby / soccer / American football / whatever team change their sporting colours to those of their main opposition.

Style #2 is still miles ahead of #1 and #3, though, at least that's how I feel about things.

I suppose I'll say it once and leave it at that (at least here), after a month or so of thought, I still think that improvements are needed for EoFF but not a redesign.
    Consider my help guarenteed for either a redesign or improvements, coding mainly but also design and tweaking
    FOA

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Not because orange is awful but because FFO, our main competitor, is also this colour, and I think we should stick to our colours.
    How in the world do you see FFO and style #2 at all similar to each other?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

<a href="http://www.ffonline.com/">FFO?</a>

That's more grey then it is orange.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Sorry, edited. I don't know what made me think FFO was orange. Maybe it's the warping of colours my work monitor forces onto websites because I have the resolution set too high.

Edited that post, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like the title images for 1 and 2, and I especially like the words "Final Fantasy" done with the individual game logos, but overall I like 3 best even though I don't much like the title image.

You should also consider using the staff members avatars in news updates. I like it when places do that.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just a quick question, how long will this poll be open? I'm on a computer right now with a terrible monitor that I know doesn't do the styles justice. I should be on a better one relatively soon, though.

That being said, Style 2 is lovely, and I actually prefer the different use of color. I didn't think I would, to be honest, but it's actually a welcome change of pace.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I choose #2, because of the nice layout, the cool colour scheme, the nice picture of Vivi and the picture of a woman's chest right at the top centre of it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

#2 with the current black/blue colour scheme please, it currently looks like www.genericgamesitecolours.co.m at the moment and doesn't seem EoFF at all

EDIT: In fact, number 2 style with number 1's colour scheme would be nicest
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

1 - Perfect except for the multicolored lettering of 'Final Fantasy'. I chose this one. I like blue and think it is part of this site's identity.

2 - Good, but the grays are weird looking. This would look great with 1's coloring like Archie said.

3 - Don't like this one, particularily because of the choice of characters in the banner.

I'll stick with EoFF Classic.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Style 1 - A tad distracting, it has that scanline effect on the navigation and the banner and seems cluttered.

Style 2 - Love it. Simple, sleek, effective and gets the point across. Granted Aeris <i>could</i> have been positioned a little lower to the point where we could at least fully see her face. This one's still getting my vote, though. It would take some adjusting to see EoFF as a grayish brownish site, though, so I would think it would be best to change the colours to fit the current EoFF.

Style 3 - I don't know about anyone else, but I just feel this one reeks with cliché design. Small text, all these minor pixel designs throughout, the hexagons, the bar code on the banner. The banner is also distracting and badly contrasts with the rest of the site.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's the picture of Aeris from Design 2 in it's original glory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1: The thick white lines are very harsh on the eyes, and the Final Fantasy header is too hectic and doesn't flow well with the site.

2: It it were in blue and there was a bit less focus on Aries' chest, I'd say it was perfect

3: It seems like I've seen this design on hundreds of sites before, it's just to generic, too common. Plus the header really needs to be worked on.

So my vote goes to style #2 even if it stays brown/orange, I still like it the best

Thumbs up

I'm kinda glad my designs didn't come into the last 3; I can use em for something myself!

My vote goes out to style 2 (you know who you are) for their use of an uncommon color used on the internet, Brown.