Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Ultimecia really is

The beginning of her cycle is where her physical form ends.

perhaps in squall's child attempts to kill her in the future or something? and, R=U wouldn't work cause you can use Rinoa in the fight with Ultimecia, even if she could do that, think about it. in movies and other what not, when someone goes back/forwards in time, they can't come in contact with thereselves, basic stuff kinda. so R=U is possible, but not probable

The reason people in movies can't come in contact with themselves is to avoid the writers having to deal with potential paradoxes and so the SFX crew doesn't have to put two copies of the same person on the same screen. There's no real reason for it.

I understand this secret well organized time compression fairly well. You see, there are 4 simultaneous 24 hour days within a single 24 hour rotation of Earth, and Garden's evil educators suppress Cubic Creation and preach evil singularity to dumb students. Creation of 4 simultaneous 24 hour days, within a single rotation of Earth, empowers Ultimecia above all 1-day gods and educated stupid scientists. I will wager $10,000.00 on it.

Well, this is a game, not a movie, so we can make 1,000's of copies of Rinoas if we wished.

And with current technology, they can certainly do that in movies.

generally when people talk about movie time travel they are talking about Back to The Future, and in this case Doc's warnings against meeting your future self. Of course, this ignores the fact that Biff spends a good deal of time talking to his younger self, and actually hits him if I remember correctly.

Now, none of the people in the game's present - Rinoa, Julia, ect, have any problem existing the the world at its current state. In fact, were Ulty to succeed, they would all be destroyed (Including Julia if the game lied and she were still alive).
    So in essence, because EVERYONE but Sorceress Ulty would be destroyed during Time Compression, the paradox twist works for ANY character, living or dead, past or future, NOT just Rinoa. Granted, the game ends if you are KO'd, but its enough that Ulty should not even TRY to kill herself. Therefore, because she attempts to compress time, an act which would kill all characters other than herself, Ulty CANNOT be anyone other than Ulty.
    If Ultimecia were, say Rinoa, and she was so twisted by insanity, AND has used GFs a long time, it's perfectly plausible that she could forget her past, even what she used to look like.

I mean, Squall forgot his entire childhood after a few years of GF usage, and since Ultimecia lives "many generations" into the future, even if she'd only used GFs for a third of that time, it'd be enough to, coupled with ther insanity, make sure she had no memories of the past.

Moving on, THERE IS NO CYCLE.
    Ellone says the past can't change. Assuming she isn't lying(which seems ridiculous), that means what it means.

If the past can't change, the only loop you'd get would be if you decided to stay with little Squall when Ultimecia gives her powers to Edea, but that's merely the kind of "loop" you get when watching a video over and over again(if that is the kind of loop you're talking about, then forget this).
    Ultimecia dies, and that's that.
    Ultimecia MAY go back to the past in order to try and change her destiny, but she can't, because time won't change.

http://www.slimits.com/ultimecia.html

Something I wrote on Rinoa being Ultimecia. Also includes a rather long bit on Time Loops and the likes.
    Last edited by Sir Bahamut; 10-08-2004 at 02:34 PM.

JULIA IS DEAD!!! she died in a car crash i think...not sure about that one...But she is definately dead..
    Ultimecia is just some crackpot old sorceress who woke up one day and said "i think ill take over the world today..."

Man, is it really necessary to dig up all these old topics and revive them???

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    Man, is it really necessary to dig up all these old topics and revive them???
    I was wondering that myself. Also, notice the author of every thread he's brought back... Is this against the rules, or is it just bad manners? If it is against the rules, I'd Warn this guy immediately. Ah, what the heck, I'll Warn him anyway. If it's not against the rules, I'm sure I'll be told that soon.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't revive dead threads, please. If the thread is over 3-4 months old (in one of the gaming forums) I would let it be and make a new one.

And the rest of you behave.

Signature by rubah. I think.