Thread: ??????????????-Item

Default ??????????????-Item

Hi there,
    I found something ugly. When you are at the Fight-arena and you bet (I just know the german translation of it) Sturm\Drang (Its a dagger) you have to fight Chupon and as reward you get "???????????". Yeah thats it, but fighting Chupon isnt fun! I just cant win! Does someone know what I get when I win?
    This is for the fallen !Fight to death, fight for live, fight for freedom and remember, the brave heroes will always win.

Blog Entries

Fighting Chupon gives you an Elixer. Not worth it. It is possible to beat Chupon though but as I've already said, it's not worth it as all the better trades occur through battling different, easier enemies and trading different items. If you wanna get out of fighting Chupon, then just start betting something of high value or rare one-of-a-kind stuff.

No, usually when I fight Chupon I get always an "Elixier" but when I bet this Item I get "?????????????". This is no Elixier its some other item...
    This is for the fallen !Fight to death, fight for live, fight for freedom and remember, the brave heroes will always win.

If it is "Striker" you are talking about (I never played a translated version, sorry, but it's a dirk which randomly dispatches an enemy and can be sold for 1GP) you'll get a "Striker" back. But you might fight Shadow instead of Chupon for it if you don't have him and I guess that's what it is about...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

And regardless of what it says you win, you ALWAYS win an Elixir from fighting Chupon. If it says ?????????? when you fight Chupon, then you will win an Elixir from the fight. ????????? just means that it's not telling you what you'll win, but we know that you'll win an Elixir.
    Figaro Castle

Hmm, anyway, I will try to beat him and see what I get...Maybe its an elixier...Erm besides: Does anyone know how much HP Chupon has?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    And regardless of what it says you win, you ALWAYS win an Elixir from fighting Chupon. If it says ?????????? when you fight Chupon, then you will win an Elixir from the fight. ????????? just means that it's not telling you what you'll win, but we know that you'll win an Elixir.
    Nope. I've fought him for the ????????item to and I got the striker when I beated him... like braindead already said.
    But as for everything else... you just get an elexir.

I think Chupons HP is like... 65,000 or something like that.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Okay, never mind, that makes sense considering (SPOILER)you can only get/fight one Shadow.
    Figaro Castle

Hey, it's not the "About the books"-Thread! You can trust me!

So I guess Sabotender didn't wait for Shadow...

If you wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent you will find him in the Cave in the Veldt (where you also get "Striker"). Then he will stay at Thamasa to recover and whem you reenter the town he will have left. Now you have to bet "Striker" at the Colosseum to make Shadow join your Party again (just beat him) and you will "win back" your Striker (probably Shadow just keeps it as he is the only one who can equip it).

If you did NOT wait for Shadow (or already have him in your Party) you will just fight Chupon and win your Striker back if you bet it.

Blog Entries

But you get "the striker" back when you defeat Shadow. That's how I did because I ALWAYS wait for Shadow.
    he's my fav character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    But you get "the striker" back when you defeat Shadow.
    That's what I wrote, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    That's how I did because I ALWAYS wait for Shadow.
    he's my fav character.
    YES! Shadow is the best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead_Paul
    That's what I wrote, isn't it?
    Yea, I just mean that he could have picked Shadow up and then used the striker again to battle Chupon for ???????.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindead_Paul
    YES! Shadow is the best!
    Yes, indeed! Shadow is the greatest character ever!!!

Yeah Shadow IS the greatest char but...badly...I didnt waited for him
    I read the post a time ago, but at this time I was after the floating island and had no chance to get Shadow back!
    SSSHHHHHHAAAAAAAADDDDDOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!! :shame:

Erm...yeah but if I play ff6 again I will wait for him! Thats for sure! I dont have all Esper either and because of that I think I will play it again.
    :rolleyes2