Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Nintendo DS

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The Nintendo Dual Screen (or DS for short) is the upcoming handheld system from Nintendo. It features two screens and a stylus (much like a PDA has). It has impressive specs, and one of the slated games is a 4 player version of Mario 64.

This whole crystal collecting thing has me wary. I don't care if they make changes, just so long as those changes are reflected. If they call it FFIII DS or FFIII Dawn of Somethingoranother that's cool, but I really hope they don't try to pawn it off as the original original.

Mmmmmmm..... FFIII, Dawn of Somethingoranother.....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The DS also has a built-in microphone and technology for wireless communication between units.

I've never heard about this before, but if it is true, its going to be awesome! I wonder what the touch screen could be used for...

Can't stop after anyone, not now-I'm gonna' take you out all the same
    "Dazed & Destroyed"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Man, now I'll have to buy a DS. Stupid Nintendo.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

You don't have to buy anything. It's not like Nintendo or Square pointed a gun at your head or something. Anyway, you can take SOME solace in the fact that there will be other good games for it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    You don't have to buy anything. It's not like Nintendo or Square pointed a gun at your head or something. Anyway, you can take SOME solace in the fact that there will be other good games for it.
    I guess you're right, unless 'or something' includes kidnapping one's dog, which they have done in the past, resulting in the purchase of my Vitrual Boy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothNL
    I want it to come out on the GBA or Playstation one or PS2. Not the Nintendo DS. I don't know what that even is. But short to say, is that Square let's the loyal PS-players just alone, by bringing on a completly other console. I don't about what they think, but can't they just bring it on more console at the same time?
    Loyal PS players huh... sorry to dissapoint you but there were loyal nintendo players of Square before PS ever came along. It's deserving to be on DS, plus I think IV, V, VI will all eventually be released portable as well maybe even on the DS, so all FF games 1-6 would be available on Nintendo DS!!!

I wish it were coming out for the PS as well, but not because I care about the whole series being on the PS or anything - rather, it's because, like Kishi said, one of the great things about Origins was the orchestrated music. I think FF3 has one of the best soundtracks in the series; good enough that I'll happily listen to most if it in it's 15 year old NES synth glory. Eternal Wind is easily the best overworld theme in my opinion, and the Invincible is one of the best airship themes. It'd be awesome to hear a PS quality version of the soundtrack while playing the game.
    Sig under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Delete
    I guess you're right, unless 'or something' includes kidnapping one's dog, which they have done in the past, resulting in the purchase of my Vitrual Boy.
    YOU TOO? OMG!!!!!

I think that the music quality on DS is going to be better than people are anticipating. When people think portable gaming, they think bleepy FM synth. Although the GBA's sound hardware is just short of being SNES capable, it's still fairly good. Now keep in mind that the GBA isn't even remotely cutting edge handheld technology. We have mp3 players the size of a stick of gum. I'm positive that the audio capabilities of the DS will be suprising for a handheld game system.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I believe it has two speakers (one on each side of the top screen) so we should be able to get some good stuff out of it. And who's better than Square at pushing hardware to its limits?

If I can say so myself, KH:CoM had awesome music and accurately rendered sound for a GBA game.
    Sigless

The GBA sound hardware has a lot of potential, as can be seen in GoldenSun. As long as Square avoids a few common pitfalls (like using a square channel for the basslin instead of a real bass,) the sound quality should be great.
    As to the game itself, I expect that they will be doing to it what they did to FFI & FFII. They were even working on a Wonderswan version of III. As long as they don't try to overuse the gimmick hardware on the DS, it should be awesome.

i think they should release it on the playstation portable. It is (I think) better than the DS anyway. They should release it on both.
    <----Old Fogey

Alright, well, actually, I just got a DS, along with Mario64 DS, and, the DS has graphics quality just ABOVE an N64, so, we may even see an ff7 on the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragoon
    Yeah, Gamespot has something on this too, in the DS launch games news link. It is FFIIIj! No American release has been mentioned but....Square Enix would be INSANE not to bring it across the pond.

Yay! I've been waiting to play this game for a looooong time.
    I was skimming through this topic so I don't know if anyone has said this yet. So here goes. In the latest Nintendo Powers under the upcoming releases FF III is listed for the NDS.
    Final Fantasy XI:
    Name: Scarmiglione
    Lv. 17 Red Mage (I'm newer)
    Currently Stuck at: Valkurm Dunes