Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Nintendo DS

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Um, yeah, that's what this thread is about....

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If they release 4-6 on DS, I might think about it, but for now I think I'll stick with GBA, it's $100 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Um, yeah, that's what this thread is about....
    I posted that because there was speculation if it was coming to America. My God :rolleyes2 .
    Final Fantasy XI:
    Name: Scarmiglione
    Lv. 17 Red Mage (I'm newer)
    Currently Stuck at: Valkurm Dunes

im glad that FF3 was coming to america, but honestly, i really dont want it to come out on DS. or PSP for that matter. they both have absolutely no games that im intrested in at all. even the games that are coming out later (exept FF3 obviously) i have zero intrest in. maybe if i wait a while thell make some big square collector pack on PS3 which will have FF1-9 or something like that. god knows the discs will be able to hold it all anyway.

I always wanted to play a final fantasy with touch screen menus.

Never liked the whole touch screen thing. I have no desire to get a DS, not even with this news. I don't own a handheld and if I were to get one right now I'd get a PSP or even a GBA before I got a DS. For some reason the DS seems to 'gimmicky' for me. And yes I would prefer that they release FFIII on a console (not to picky about which one either, I just want to sit on my couch and look at my TV not some tiny little handheld)

I really don't want it on DS either. Nor do I really want it on PSP, however if I had to choose it would be PSP. The whole two screen thing bugs me and its WAY to expensive for me to buy right now. And, if I did have the money to buy one, I'd probably turn around and get a PSP. It seems to have more potential to me in making good games. All the games on DS right now just bug me. However, I really wish to play FFIII, so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

Most of the games are probably gonna come out for PSP not DS!!!

:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

Blog Entries

Well, They are helping get the DS Online too. And they are making Seiken Densetsu DS and FF:Crystal Chronicles DS... o_O

If they do remake most of the games, I think they will be on the DS. Since Sony kind of forced Square to stop making copies of the Ps2 version of FFXI. >_< Maybe the President of Square is thinking: "How can we trust them if they went and did THAT?..." or something. Or Nintendo Payed square...(Note: This is just a Possibility! No one has confirmed this!!)

Or maybe they think that RPG's would be better on the DS. o.o They kinda would. The Touch Screen can be used for Menu's, making the Menu's somewhat more convenient. I also heard that the PSP Battery Life is Shorter than the DS's Battery Life. And RPG's usually consume a lot of time.

(Note, I am not trying to insult the PSP in any way.)

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    if I had to choose it would be PSP. The whole two screen thing bugs me and its WAY to expensive for me to buy right now. And, if I did have the money to buy one, I'd probably turn around and get a PSP.
    DS: $149.99 on EBGames.com
    PSP: $249.99 on EBGames.com

plus which, DS apparently has some sorta $30 voucher for games.

DS all the way here. Ds is 100 dollars cheeper built in memory card and plays GBA games. Although I would rather have 3 come for GBA instead of Ds. I don't own it but I am doing one of those crooked free game console offers. To court!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Blog Entries

Well, you will be able to have the First Three FF games in one gaming system at the same time. o_o Maybe you will unlock something in FF3 if you have beaten FF 1 and 2. o.o Though, FF 1 and 2 would have to be in the GBA slot at the time for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade13
    DS all the way here. Ds is 100 dollars cheeper built in memory card and plays GBA games. Although I would rather have 3 come for GBA instead of Ds. I don't own it but I am doing one of those crooked free game console offers. To court!
    Heh, I actually tried that the other day, it refused to get past the third service screen and instead said that I qualified for other free gifts. Now it's just a matter of cancelling my gamefly account... Never EVER try to do this. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Just wait for used ones to start showing up. It'll be even more ridiculously cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Well, you will be able to have the First Three FF games in one gaming system at the same time. o_o Maybe you will unlock something in FF3 if you have beaten FF 1 and 2. o.o Though, FF 1 and 2 would have to be in the GBA slot at the time for it to work.
    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Maybe they will allow you to put the FF3 classes on 1! and make summon shops and you could show no mercy and there would be more class changes as the chrystal upgrades.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

GBA cartridges unlock things in DS games, not the other way around.