Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Going to Nintendo DS

I just want Chrono Trigger and FFVI on the same cartrige.

I won't even get this game probally, as I can just emulate it on my PSP. =P

I've been waiting for FFIII to come on a console since they started making the Early FF remakes for PS1. I really though they could put FF III in Origins. But I was disappointed. Then I heard about DoS. I already have origins, so DoS really never piqued my interest, but I own a GBA SP and I thought, Okay, I can handle FF3 on GBA, Bring it on square! But no, with this announcement I am utterly disappointed. I heard about it a while back, just never posted my thoughts. The DS is in my opinion the stupidest idea Nintendo has come up with yet. Its completely unneccessary. Anything that can be done RPG wise on a touch screen can be done by pushing the D pad and A button. Sure its novel for Wario Ware, but not for RPGs. I'm not pleased with this.

With this said, I'll probably end up getting one because of FFIII, FFCCDS and Siken Dentetsu DS(if its actually coming out). Square and Nintendo, poop to you.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

I personnaly think it should come out for PS2 bundled with all 3 of the Final Fantasy Legends and Chrono Cross since DVD can hold so much Maybe even two disks? one with the games mentioned, the othe with plenty of Final Fantasy bonus material.

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar

Thye better relelase this in the US soon. FFIII was probably the best one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    Thye better relelase this in the US soon. FFIII was DEFINATELY the best one so far.
    Corrected...

This slightly scares me:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/070505a.html

Square must think that since it's the last re-release game for now, they should throw around some completely new twists and see if it sells good or gets good feedback. I credit them for trying new things but...
    PLEASE, OH PLEASE DON'T RUIN MY PRECIOUSSSS FF3!!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

If they do throw in any new features like that, you'll probably be able to turn them off, like in Origins.

*yawn*

I guess I'm gonna join the whining. I just got a GBA for Christmas and got KH:CoM and FFO, why should I need to get ANOTHER console just to play that ONE game (FFIII) I can't get anywhere else (and actually comprehend the spoken stuff

Ah dang. No FF 3+4 like I'd hoped...
    5 and 6 will take them forever...

Well that's interesting... RPGamer has been on top of FF3 announcements forever, though each and every past iteration has been cancelled .

Well anyway, as predicted they are going all crazy go nuts with changing around FF3. The one thing I ask is for an "original" mode. They did that fairly well in Origins (though some of the changes were permanent like the equipment system change in FF1), but in DOS they didn't let you "turn off" anything. They could have at least stuck in the original games in emulated form like with Metroid Zero Mission... This time, with as different as this game may be, options to turn off during the game probably won't be doable. However, an "original mode" option whenever you select "new game" that determines everything from the start but can't be changed should be. If they don't feel like doing that, then at least give us the original game emulated. I really would like to check out that game as it was originally.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagusBoy
    I guess I'm gonna join the whining. I just got a GBA for Christmas and got KH:CoM and FFO, why should I need to get ANOTHER console just to play that ONE game (FFIII) I can't get anywhere else (and actually comprehend the spoken stuff
    That's the nice thing, you don't have to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Anything that can be done RPG wise on a touch screen can be done by pushing the D pad and A button.
    You're not very familiar with the tech demos Square made for SGI, are you... One of them (I forget which, possibly Chocobo De Battle) used the mouse as the primary command interface in battle. There were no menus. The shape that you "drew" with the mouse determined the command (I believe a star summoned Bahamut). Using a stylus opens up a LOT more possibilities than just selecting things from a menu, and word is that the main use of the stylus will be for an all new mini-game. There's more to the DS than just two screens and a touch pad too. Let's not forget about the microphone. Imagine if you had to sing to actually make the bard attack. Now that would be hilarious

I can see it now:
    A minigame-esque screen appears!
    Match Pitch, Note, Key, and Tempo!!

For Dragoons, you actually have to jump on your DS repeatedly for them to perform "Jump" .
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Well, you will be able to have the First Three FF games in one gaming system at the same time. o_o Maybe you will unlock something in FF3 if you have beaten FF 1 and 2. o.o Though, FF 1 and 2 would have to be in the GBA slot at the time for it to work.

Yea! Maybe like...Unlocking FF4? That would be sweet.
    Onion Kid For Life.

Lets spam cids usernotes!! Spread the love and copy this to your sig!!
    Ogm Tucking Fypos!

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

I also think they should have done something like 3 and 4 together. GBA can handle these games, I mean look at DoS! In my opinion, the only thing thats better in Origins is the music quality. Hmmm, FF5 and 6 together, so maybe FFMQ and Chrono Trigger together?

By the way, for the person who said that nothing on PSP interests him/her, have you not heard of FF7: Crisis Core? Thats the main reason I want to get one. At the moment there are two DS games that interest me: FF3, and Baten Kaitos DS. PSP however, where do I start?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

There's not very much known about Crisis Core yet. It might be something to get excited about, it might not. If you want to know about some other good games for the DS that are coming out (and some you can only get through import), I'm willing to tell you, but this isn't the thread for that...