Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Going to Nintendo DS

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

*instrumental for 4 bars then repeat chorus*

Yes, awesome logo, but I like the way my version looked better. I went with orange for the color scheme and placed the background picture so that it went below the underline of the title.

Default Tanaka Talks Final Fantasy III Remake

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/102905b.html

In a recent interview with Famitsu, Square Enix's Hiromichi Tanaka discussed in depth just how fully Final Fantasy III DS is being remade over its NES version. While it has been known since Nintendo's DS conference that the game's graphics would be overhauled to 3D, Tanaka revealed that it isn't just the graphics that will be modified, but also the story, characters, and gameplay.

Tanaka, who serves as executive producer on Final Fantasy III DS and was also one of the three planners on the original Final Fantasy III, remarked that the original game was very advanced for the NES, and so he wants to maintain that advanced feel on the DS by giving players a much greater gaming experience.

The original Final Fantasy III starred four nameless, interchangable Onion Kids with identical sprites and lacking distinct personalities. By contrast, the Nintendo DS remake will develop the characters into unique individuals, each with their own character designs and sprites, and with newly developed identities and personalities that will tie into the story of the game, which is accordingly being further fleshed out.

As to Final Fantasy III DS's gameplay, Tanaka commented that his staff is adjusting the balance of the job system to add greater usability to some classes, which will ultimately allow players greater choices in how they play the game. Additionally, Tanaka wants to utilize the unique abilities of the Nintendo DS, and so the touch screen capabilities will be fully integrated into the game. While it won't be necessary, gamers will have the option of playing Final Fantasy III DS entirely through touch controls. Tanaka is also planning on adding some use of the DS's wireless connectivity for some side bonuses outside of the game's main story.

Final Fantasy III DS currently has no Japanese release date, nor has a North American localization been announced. Final Fantasy III is the sole remaining numbered Final Fantasy game to never see a release across the Pacific, though, so gamers who have long been eager to see this particular game in action should keep their fingers crossed.
    Oh man, I now want this game more than ever

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

So... the Bard/Geomancer/Scholar/Conjurer combo won't be as funny anymore?

Seriously though, this is great news. I'm really looking forward to this more than ever, and I see now more than ever just how badly I need a DS

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*merges in latest thread*

that's awesome. I'd almost buy a DS for this and some other games.

I still think there should be a 2-D version, like a "classic" version. In 3-D it just wont be the same

Nope, it won't, that's for sure. And that's okay. Change is the way of the universe.

Funny, everywhere I look, I see people complaining about the 3-D version. Why doesnt Square listen for once?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Reborn
    Funny, everywhere I look, I see people complaining about the 3-D version. Why doesnt Square listen for once?
    because I think the 3-d thing will work really well. I mean, it looks good. Plus adding personality to the characters and depth to the story.... I don't see any harm in it, I felt that was what lacked about the game, any character depth. That was a step back from FFII.

THE JACKEL

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Man, I can't wait for screenshots.
    I'm new in this forum. I have found some screnshots, on I think IGM... It looks like FFCC, and is, Checkit , 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback007
    I want it to come out on the GBA or Playstation one or PS2. Not the Nintendo DS. I don't know what that even is. But short to say, is that Square let's the loyal PS-players just alone, by bringing on a completly other console. I don't about what they think, but can't they just bring it on more console at the same time?
    Now you know how I felt when the went from Super Nintendo to PS. I was hearbroken, not to mention, after buying playstation I was horrible disappointed. Since FF VI there has been no good games. I'm telling you, unlinke PS, Nintendo has only come out with 2 bad FF's(Adventure and Quest).
    :mog: Fear it. They are cute, cuddle, and ready to run you through with a lance soon as your guard drops.

Are there any clips for the game yet ?
    Im still deciding if this is worth getting a DS over, and sigh, turning to nintendo........

Quote Originally Posted by TowerSheep
    Now you know how I felt when the went from Super Nintendo to PS. I was hearbroken, not to mention, after buying playstation I was horrible disappointed. Since FF VI there has been no good games. I'm telling you, unlinke PS, Nintendo has only come out with 2 bad FF's(Adventure and Quest).
    Nintendo didn't make either of those, Square did.

Dude youve got it all wrong. What was VI in Japan was III in america. The one with Kefka. And they're remake the real FFIII (the one never released in America, with the onion knights) for the DS completely redone in 3d.
    Please learn to get your facts straight.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

I cant wait for final fantasy 3 i just got an nintendo ds so i am extremely happy he he he hehhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

Quote Originally Posted by vampirepiggyhunter7
    Dude youve got it all wrong. What was VI in Japan was III in america. The one with Kefka. And they're remake the real FFIII (the one never released in America, with the onion knights) for the DS completely redone in 3d.
    Please learn to get your facts straight.
    That was kinda stated in the second post of this thread, back in October of '04, so you're a tad late on bringing that up.

Anyway, from what I've seen in images, this is looking to be yet another good reason for getting a DS. I'm hoping they get around to releasing some gameplay footage sometime, but yeah, this may just make me stop being so stingy and buy a DS.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.