Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to Nintendo DS

Default Going to Nintendo DS

I was on planetgamecube and found an announcement stating that Final Fantasy III is being released on the Nintendo DS. The link to planetgamecube:
    http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=5694
    there is also a link from there to where they found the information on
    a japanese nintendo site.

Or quoted here is what is stated on that website

News Article: Final Fantasy III on DS
    News Date: 10/07/2004
    Source: Nintendo Inside
    Link: http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/148/14852.html

Remember that poll Square Enix ran in Japan?

Along with Nintendo's own hefty game announcements, Nintendo's presentation confirmed what was previously speculated: Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS.

Many of Square's classic RPGs have been remade over the years, but a reworked version of Final Fantasy III has never graced American stores. No Japanese launch timeframe was disclosed, nor were any plans of an international release.

Reported by: Michael "TYP" Cole
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 07-05-2006 at 10:03 PM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

A Japanese page would never refer to FFVI as FFIII. Even in America, it's been officially known as FFVI since '99. This news, therefore, refers to the real FFIII, which stands as the only FF game not yet to be remade or rereleased in some way. Seems its time has finally, thankfully, come.

Grin

Yeah, Gamespot has something on this too, in the DS launch games news link. It is FFIIIj! No American release has been mentioned but....Square Enix would be INSANE not to bring it across the pond.

Yay! I've been waiting to play this game for a looooong time.

EDIT: BTW, here's the Gamespot link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6109869.html

First post!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Man, I can't wait for screenshots.

I would think that they're gonna do to III what they did to I & II on the GBA. If not more. The DS has much more power than the GBA, so we can expect some good stuff here. Maybe new dungeons and an updated magic system, seeing as it's very similar to the magic system in I, or so I've heard.

Mmmmm. This pretty much seals the deal on me gettin' a DS. I can't wait!!! FFIII is the only one I've yet to play.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

no FMVs?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is a GBA game, and it contains scenes with PS2-quality visuals. Something similar may be done for FFIII instead of FMV.

My real concern is the sound quality of the DS, though. One of the best parts of Origins is its orchestral soundtrack.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It's an odd title for DS release, though. It's not exactly the sort of game that NEEDS to have two displays simeltaneously. They might tweak that around a bit so that there WOULD be some sort of function, such as having the battle display on one screen while the menus and everything were on the other, or maybe they'd come up with some sort of use for the stylus or something, but I do hope that someday we get the full series on console, regardless of what comes out on handheld (this was their original plan, after all. This was covered in OPSM).

They've got a teaser trailer up on gamespot now. It's just a picture of an FMV Crystal(FF Origins, anyone?), with scrolling Japanese text. I have no clue on how to understand Japanese, however. :/ If anyone could translate that, it would be much appreciated.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo DS Advanced
    Nintendo DS receives Square lovin!
    Square Enix has just revealed that Final Fantasy III will indeed be coming to the Nintendo DS.

While hardly anything is known, it is known that the game will feature dual screen and touch screen support that will somehow interact with you on collecting crystals throughout the game.

Information regarding release date and more details to come soon!
    Nintendo DS Advanced
    Hoorah!

I was about to post this, you people are ahead of the game.

It certainly is the real FF3. Now then, I know they have totally reworked 1 and 2 for GBA, but for the DS release, here's the thing. I REALLY hope they have an original gameplay mode (if not the original game outright) on that cart on top of whatever changes they want to make. I say this because at least with Dawn of Souls, I can still play the PS1 Origins collection if I want a nearly unaltered version of FF2. I would also like a nearly identical in terms of gameplay version of FF3 to play since we just don't have that.

Touch screen menus on the bottom with everything else on the top is easily imaginable.

Oh yes, that's something I hadn't thought of, and now I feel stupid for not thinking of it. Welll.. actually I didnt' think about how the touch screen would be used at all, I hadn't even humored the idea that it would be used .

But yes, a touch screen menu so you can just press the commands and such would be nice. Here's an alternative. The whole game could be touch screen based. You could basically click where you wanted to walk, click on an enemy to target it, click on an item to select it, that sort of thing. You know, PC style interaction.

TEH PWNZ!!!!!!

I want it to come out on the GBA or Playstation one or PS2. Not the Nintendo DS. I don't know what that even is. But short to say, is that Square let's the loyal PS-players just alone, by bringing on a completly other console. I don't about what they think, but can't they just bring it on more console at the same time?

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)