Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 3 DEMO!

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not like I'd ever expect to see the Konami code in a Splinter Cell game, SO SPLINTER CELL SUCKS! CASE CLOSED!

I'm not biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyku
    Not like I'd ever expect to see the Konami code in a Splinter Cell game, SO SPLINTER CELL SUCKS! CASE CLOSED!

I'm not biased.
    For once I agree with you.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You agree with me on everything and you know it. You just like being difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyku
    You agree with me on everything and you know it. You just like being difficult.
    I don't agree on that.

You cant not agree with shoyku.

Anyway it sounds good. There probably will be changes (look at the mgs2 demo and the final game) but I like the sound of a shotgun.
    Word/s.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    You cant not agree with shoyku.

Anyway it sounds good. There probably will be changes (look at the mgs2 demo and the final game) but I like the sound of a shotgun.
    It's quite comical on how far the guards fly when you shoot them. You just reminded me of how excellent the death/KO animations are now. In MGS2, the animations seemed scripted. In MGS3, it seems more natural.

By guards flying back from a shotgun, do I hear the sound of ragdoll physics?

Pssh, bandwagon jumpers, it's the new bullet time now.

I still want it though. =(

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ragdoll isn't the new bullet time, it's just a way to add realism into a game through inverse kinetics as opposed to death animations. With death animations, you'll see the same old set of deaths over and over again, and with ragdoll in play, it allows the corpse to conform to its surroundings realistically (granted, it doesn't always work out and ends up looking plain odd in some games).

It's an improvement in the games, as opposed to being a feature.

Yes, but they're including it in loads of games, just like bullet time was.

And don't forget how terrible the ragdoll physics in the PS2 version of Max Payne 2 was, will it really work on MGS3 so differently? It isn't the Havok engine, granted, but still...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never played the PS2 version of Max Payne 2 myself, I own the PC version. Though the MGS games always seem to push the boundaries of a console. I guess it really depends on how they make the processor calculate it, though knowing Konami and Kojima I have confidence in believing that they can pull it off smoothly.

Hell, even in MGS2 the bodies of corpses or unconscious soldiers would somewhat contort to their surroundings.

thats true. MGS2 had slight ragdoll physics.
    Word/s.

Yeah, it did. Try dragging a dead/asleep guard and put him in a narrow space about 3 feet wide.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenoSphere
    i could care less about MGS3...

Come on, Splinter Cell 3 is going to be so much better.
    Your right...because I love it when bullets go astray for no reason other than they were too damn stupid to do what Metal Gear does. Makes it so that the gun shakes in the hand so the bullet goes where it is suppose to go instead of making it randomly miss.

Ohhhh! How could I forget that Splinter Cell is also mostly trial and error?

WAIT WAIT! What about how the AI is better than...wait...it sucks!

I love the difficulty levels the game has...wait. Thats Metal Gear again.

Splinter Cell is limited and sucks. Metal Gear allow the player to choose how they want to play. If I want to use the shot gun the whole time and run and gun...I can! Splinter Cell doesn't allow me to do that. You would killed way too fast. It sucks!

I want this demo now. How do I get one of my own? Can I get a disc mailed to me or do I have to buy the OPM?

Just go to the grocery store and buy the damn magazine, sheesh. You're making this too big of a fiasco.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER