Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo DS system, ALL INFO revealed, game specs and LOADS of screenshots, amazing!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Yeah but PS3 technology will be used in more than just the PS3. The Cell will be used in a lot of things and Blue-Ray will also. PSX was a flop but then again they were charging $500 + for it. They didn't expect it to sell well. Also they were working with other companies on PS3 technology to split the cost.

Just saying, people who know the elctronics & gaming markets better than you or I are pointing this thing at $300 (Sony's unofficial price. The $350 is a new estimate from who knows what "credible" source).
    I understand that Sony's new technology will probably be a big profit in the future, I'm just saying, they shouldn't go about flushing money down the toilet on every PSP sale.

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Ah, you silly people. The price of the PSP will depend on what "Bundle" you get.

As shown here (In the news): Click Here

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Im already saving money to buy a DS..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Okay...that is from a magazine and not an offical press release by sony. As a matter of fact

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6109524.html

The link says they have not decided on a price yet and that the PSP will get delayed most likely.

There is the picture that says your pricing structure and it was a fake.

The lesson? Sprong is always a bad place to get information as well as any site that decides to post new from there.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I preordered my DS a little while ago. I have no doubt it's going to rock. And hard.

As for the PSP, it could be good, and a serious competetor for Nintendo, I have no doubt about that.

But I'd like to believe it's going to flop. They say competition is good to ensure quality, but Nintendo has not had any real competition since the GameGear, and the quality has been extremely high with the GB/C/A/SP.

So, I don't think competetion is going to help Nintendo any.

Default my say

im with PSP alllll the way. PSP will have a much better game selection than DS and the graphics can be expected to be better. i say buying a DS is a beautiful waste. i love regular nintendo and gameboy (except for GBA original) but i never got a gamecube cuz the only game i wouldve played was CC and this DS thing is dumb too. nintendo is going downhill to me.

(i don't like PSX either, i'm weird/picky)
    PROUD owner of a PS2 =)
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Saying the DS is dumb, and saying why it's dumb are two different things.

As for the game selection, I find that to be quite the opposite, in accordance to my tastes in games. There has been one, and only one game announced for the PSP that I have even the slightest interest in. That game is the Darkstalkers one, and even then, I'm not sure I'd purchase it. Not so with the DS. The launch titles aren't too bad, though only Mario 64 DS really sticks out to me, there are multiple titles that are slated to come out by the end of the year, and even more announced that I'm looking forward to.

Heck, even just the Dual Screen is really interesting. As for graphics, I've never placed much importance on them. Having nice graphics is all well and good, but I'd rather have game companies have their priorities elsewhere, which seems the DS is perfect for, having such an innovational idea.

I'm by no means saying the PSP is a bad idea, or "dumb." However, I personally don't wish it well.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Considering the mega-giant Sony is, I'd honestly like to see the PSP receive only mediocre sales. Honestly, it does look like quite a nice package--beautiful screen, especially, and analog control. However, the high price tag and short batterly life worry me. The graphics will definitely outshine the DS, but graphics aren't really what are important. I prefer some fun and innovative gameplay, which Nintendo has ALWAYS been able to deliver. Some of Nintendo's first party titles are going to be amazing on the DS with WiFi possibilities (Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Four Swords.) And we can't forget FFIII!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank
    im with PSP alllll the way. PSP will have a much better game selection than DS and the graphics can be expected to be better. i say buying a DS is a beautiful waste. i love regular nintendo and gameboy (except for GBA original) but i never got a gamecube cuz the only game i wouldve played was CC and this DS thing is dumb too. nintendo is going downhill to me.
    Honestly, how many GameCube games have you PLAYED? The first party titles are phenomenal. Zelda: Wind Waker was an extremely good game, even if it had cartoony graphics--Mario Sunshine was a solid title, Animal Crossing was fun and addictive, Smash Bros is one of the best multiplayer games EVER, and there are countless other examples. It's true that Nintendo may not be on top of the console world anymore, but they are still the best developer in existance, IMO. I love SquareEnix, and they make the best RPGs out there hands down--but Nintendo makes so many excellent games in so many genres, they will forever be the best in my mind.

right right, nintendo is good stuff, and yeah i knew windwaker was a good game set aside the oddball look, but uhh..i have like no point to stress.

anywhoo, FFVIII is coming out for DS?
    and i believe FFX is gonna be on PSP

whether nintendo or playstation, any game made by square is just going to be the greatest anyway. i can see the good qualities of DS but i cant help but favor PSP anyhow.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us