Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shouldn't there be a second ff8

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    I would play that.
    A prequel with Laguna, Kiros and Ward? Hell yeah id play that!

I'd go for a prequel with Laguna, Kiros and Ward, but even though I love FF8, I dont want a sequel to it, they never live up to the first one.
    Last edited by Rusty; 10-11-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Kaitou Dark - Dark Mousy Rinoa_Galatea's Avatar

However I still think that it'll be cool to see!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD

"Inter Angelus: Gothik Kitten"

I think the same as everyone else, this game was good. Which means they shouldn't make another game on this. They should just leave it.

Maybe if they re-did it, with voice actors or something would be interesting, but I think that would just be overkill, it would ruin our imaginations like when seifer would call zell chicken wuss, and Squall puberty boy!

Overkill I think.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

I want to play as Seifer this time !!!!!!!!!
    He's strong, cool, ambitious, fearless .....

How I love his quotes!!!!!!!
    1. I love battles. I fear nothing. The way I look at it, as long as you make it out of a battle alive, you're one step closer to fulfilling your dream.
    2. One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!
    3. I've always gotta be doing somethin' BIG! I don't wanna stop. I'm gonna keep running! I've come this far... I'm gonna make it to the end, to the goal! There's no way I'm sharing it with you!

FFVIII-2 storyline
    1. Dr. Odine wants to take over the world by means of the machine "Junction Machine Ellone".
    2. Garden disbands. Squall and Rinoa go on honeymoon. Laguna stays in Winhill.
    3. It's time for Seifer to save the world.
    4. Seifer falls in love with Ellone.
    5. Also, Raijin & Fujin, Zell & Selphie, Irvine & Quistis.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 10-16-2004 at 09:35 PM.

Thumbs up

Now that would be interesting...the game with Seifer as the main character. Same story, just his side of it.

That would be awesome!
    Join my forums, too!
    http://wonderland1.proboards37.com

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

A game with Seifer as the main character sounds fun, but you'd lose the part of the game that is so rewarding a proper ending.

Sure, sad endings work, but Seifer didn't accomplish anything. He fulfilled his dream, but it'd just end after Lunatic Pandora. He disappeared in time compression and then when it was over he was fishing. It offered enough closure in FFVIII because he wasn't a playable character.

The ride there would be fun, sure. For a long time, you wouldn't have any other playable characters except his lackeys every so often, but then they'd go off to fight Squall & co.

There's too many holes to fill.

Now a game with Laguna, Kiros and Ward would be fun. You'd even be able to start before their antics began in FFVIII, like when they met each other. When they split up you could follow them as well and you'd get a look into Kiros and Ward.

Now that's a game I'd play.

I'd like to play Final Fantasy VIII with Edea Kramer as the main character... just imagine how cool would it be! I love her quotes, just read the follow:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    -"Poor, poor boy... "
    -"Stay away from me!" (Seifer)
    -"Such a confused little boy. Are you going to step forward? Retreat? You have to decide."
    -"Stay back!" (Seifer)
    -"The boy in you is telling you to come. The adult in you is telling you to back off. You can't make up your mind. You don't know the right answer. You want help, don't you? You wan't to be saved from this predicament?"
    -"Shut up!" (Seifer)
    -"Don't be ashamed to ask for help. Besides, you're only a little boy."
    -"I'm not... Stop calling me a boy." (Seifer)
    -"You don't want to be a boy anymore?"
    -"I am not a BOY!" (Seifer)
    -"Come with me to a place of no return. Bid farewell to your childhood."
    -"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. A new era has just begun. This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. Your time will come. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination. Let us end this ceremony with a sacrifice."
    -"So the time has come. You're the legendary SeeD destined to face me? I must say that I am impressed... An impressive nuisance. Your life ends here, SeeD."
    Just imagine how cool whould it be! XD, perhaps the dream-like parts will be from Ultimecia XD (Forget 'bout it, I'm crazy XDDDD)

i'd play a laguna, kiros and ward game

i hate rinoa, ^^^^ i agree way too whiney,

laguna rox!!!!!

i wouldnt like a sequal to ff8 directly though, i think it wud ruin it as the ending kinda gave most the characters closure

Grin

Having a prequel to the game would be awesome. i would so totally go for it. i love FFVIII. It was the first FF game i got. having a prequel, it would explain many things like how squall was born and all that. so let there be a PREQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with D-mack17!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier
    A game with Seifer as the main character sounds fun, but you'd lose the part of the game that is so rewarding a proper ending.

Sure, sad endings work, but Seifer didn't accomplish anything. He fulfilled his dream, but it'd just end after Lunatic Pandora. He disappeared in time compression and then when it was over he was fishing. It offered enough closure in FFVIII because he wasn't a playable character.

The ride there would be fun, sure. For a long time, you wouldn't have any other playable characters except his lackeys every so often, but then they'd go off to fight Squall & co.

There's too many holes to fill.

Now a game with Laguna, Kiros and Ward would be fun. You'd even be able to start before their antics began in FFVIII, like when they met each other. When they split up you could follow them as well and you'd get a look into Kiros and Ward.

Now that's a game I'd play.
    It wouldn't be that hard to put other characters in.

And I'm sure he wasn't in Lunatic Pandora, floating around in Time Compression doing nothing at all, and then suddenly fishing.

I would play either a prequel or a Seifer game.

I would play a sequel, too. But I wouldn't expect anything good.
    Join my forums, too!
    http://wonderland1.proboards37.com

A sequel may not be bad..with Laguna of course..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I would not be impressed. the Laguna thing isn't really a sequel.

I'm sure if Square ever decided to make anything based on Final Fantasy VIII it would be mind-blowing, so personally, as always, I trust them. I don't really care if they do or don't. If they do, awesome, I'll be able to live one of my favorite installments of the series again in a new way. If not, awesome, there will be plenty of great new Square games to keep me entertained.

Actually, since we're on the subject, I always thought Laguna would make a good star for a film, whether it's a spinoff, backstory, or whatever. I would dig a live action film with Laguna Loire, even if it wasn't made by Square. I don't know how good of a game you'd be able to make with him since everything really interesting about him is already known and sort of played through, although I'm sure they could come up with a great film plot, what do you think? I've always thought about the possibility of good live action movies made on the premise of Square games. Half the fun would be seeing the awesome realistic cosplay.