Thread: Omega Weapon is owning my ass!!

Dispenser Of Sarcasm Queen Anthai's Avatar

Angry Omega Weapon is owning my ass!!

I was holding my own for a second there...but how does one go about countering/defending against Megido Flame? Is there any way, short of a Holy War? 'Cause I'm trying to use them sparingly...

See if you can tweak my strategy any: I've got Zell, Squall and Irvine. Zell has Cerebus, Magic (including Meteor and Aura) and the Recover ability. Squall has Doomtrain, Magic and Item. Irvine has Eden, Magic and Item. I've got 100 Megalixers and 11 Holy Wars, along with 100 Mega Phoenixes and 2 Phoenix Pinions.

The first thing I do is summon Cerebus, Doomtrain (no Boosting next time; I learned that the hard way) and use a Megalixer to counter the damage O.W. immediately hits me with. Next round I triple-cast Aura on everyone, use Squall's Renzokuken and have Irvine use a Holy War. Next round I have Zell triple-cast either Haste or Meteor, depending on how frisky I'm feeling, use Squall's Renzokuken again (and hope maybe this time he'll use Lion Heart) and have Irvine cast Eden boosted to 250. All other subsequent rounds are pretty much the same strategy, using Megalixers whenever the Holy War runs out, just in case.

The only reason O.W. slaughtered me was that he hit me with Megido Flame in between Holy Wars. The bastard. So does Reflect work against this? Or should I just cross my fingers?

This was the first time I ever fought O.W., so I'm hoping I'll get my bloody revenge next time.

Next time, Gadget!!

Yes, in the moonlight she is even more beautiful...

Kaitou Dark - Dark Mousy Rinoa_Galatea's Avatar

Don't worry, Omega Weapon is owning mine 2 T-T

"Inter Angelus: Gothik Kitten"

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's no defence against Mediggo Flame. The only way to survive is to have 9999 HP. Mediggo Flame always deals 9998 damage to everyone, unless they're invulnerable (Hero, Hero+, Holy War-trial or Holy War).

My strategy is similar to yours.

My party consists of Squall, Irvine and Zell, with junctioning to take their strength up as close as possible to the maximum.
    Once the fight starts, I immediately summon Cerberus, or simply cast Triple on one of my characters. I then cast Aura on everybody, then use a Holy War.
    The next step is to cast Meltdown on Omega Weapon to remove its physical defence. From then on, the strategy is simply: limit breaks, and lots of them. Thanks to Aura, every character can use a Limit on every turn; even if the limit icon doesn't appear, simply push the 'change character' button till it does re-appear. Every hit from every limit break should do 9999 damage, except if you're using Irvine's Fast Ammo. With Zell, you can do up to 15 hits at 5000 damage by using the 'Armageddon Fist' technique: Simply use the two weakest moves (Punch Rush and Booya) over and over. They take only a fraction of a second, so you can do some serious drubbing.

Grrrrr.........

I'm THIS CLOSE to kicking my PlayStation. I have anger management problems.

I've just gotten UTTERLY ANNIHILATED about six times in a row now. The first time I went after him was the longest I lasted. And that was a half hour, and I think I only did about 100,000 damage to him. I hear he's got a million HP.

Jeeeeeeeebus...

I know what my problem is. It's not Megiddo Flame. That's easily rectified with a Megalixer. It's TERRA BREAK. That thing where he shoots you with light beams that take off 3000-5000 HP per hit.

I mean, how do you defend against that? Holy War doesn't last all day, and I've only got 11 of them. I can't just Holy War/Eden/Limit Break my way through this battle because I don't have enough Holy Wars.

Also problematic is that I'm spending more of my time just staying alive and not attacking O.W. I can't attack him. I have to be not invincible long enough to cast Cerebus or Triple and then Aura. This always ends up in me getting destroyed.

I can't stay alive long enough to get my Aura going! What the expletive, you know?

Okay, I'm gonna try this one more time...I'll do the Strength junction as suggested, and then I'm going to just cast Aura on Zell and then do Holy War/Eden/Duel as my next round. I'll keep switching off between Squall and Zell with Aura, but I can't be bothered to Triple anybody. I can't stay alive that long. It's freaking killing me to death.

All else fails, I could always lie.

I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM!!!

[expletive] YES!!!

Ohhh my God, it took me like four hours and another fifteen tries to do it, but I got him.

Lion Heart Limit Break, yo. Saved my ass.

Ohhhhhhhh, that feels good.

I shoulda taken a picture.

Thanks for the "Strength Junction" idea, Big D, I would've been lost without it.

Sounds orgasmic from the way you put it.

Once i decided to just battle Omega just for the hell of it, knowing very well i would lose. Luckily, I killed him in one hit with "The End"

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Anthai
    I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM!!!

[expletive] YES!!!

Ohhh my God, it took me like four hours and another fifteen tries to do it, but I got him.

Lion Heart Limit Break, yo. Saved my ass.

Ohhhhhhhh, that feels good.

I shoulda taken a picture.

Thanks for the "Strength Junction" idea, Big D, I would've been lost without it.
    Congrats!
    Now take a look in the FFVIII menu. Check the tutorial section for a little something called 'Proof of Omega'.

Yeah proof of Omega... You thought she was aggrivated before? Well she's gonna be PISSED when she finds out that's all she gets.

Wink

Oh, I don't care if that's all I get...well, that and the Three Stars...

I just wanted to beat him so I knew I could beat the toughest monster in the game. The pure, unadulterated satisfaction one gets from killing something that has killed you close on to two dozen times is not to be viewed lightly.

It damn near was orgasmic.

...I think that means I need to get out of the house more...

Kaitou Dark - Dark Mousy Rinoa_Galatea's Avatar

I've not beat the Omega Weapon
    I'll do it when I'll get bored XD (never if I have internet day & night) 'jeez Galita, beat it!' (Kai) 'Dah, whatever' (Galatea) XD have fun!!!!!

"Inter Angelus: Gothik Kitten"

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Huh. If I didn't know any better Anthai, I'd swear you were a little excited.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I know, it's the subtlety that throws people off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Anthai
    I just wanted to beat him so I knew I could beat the toughest monster in the game.
    Ultima Weapon at level 100 is staticaly stronger.

Ultima Weapon stats at level 100:

HP: 160,000 (lower)
    Str: 254 (higher)
    Vit: 188 (lower but since you can reduce it to 0 with meltdown it doesn't matter that much.)
    Mag: 213 (higher)
    Spr: 160 (higher)
    Spd: 145 (higher)
    Eva: 5 (this really doesn't matter since both have so low Evade that you'll never miss anyway)

Higher stats:4 Lower stats:2 (evade doesn't matter)

Omega Weapon stats (Omega's permanent level 100):

HP: 1,161,000 (higher)
    Str: 232 (lower)
    Vit: 200 (higher but since you can reduce it to 0 with meltdown it doesn't matter that much.)
    Mag: 149 (lower)
    Spr: 130 (lower)
    Spd: 60 (lower)
    Eva: 7(this really doesn't matter since both have so low Evade that you'll never miss anyway)

Higher stats:2(evade doesn't matter) Lower stats:4

Ultima Weapon have more in all the important stats but HP. (Yea, vit is pretty important... if you don't use meltdown which make it just as useless as their evade.) The thing is that Omega has MUCH more HP...
    If Ultima Weapons HP was just as high as Omegas, then Ultima Weapon would own Omega.
    I still think he does because I have to say that I find Omega pretty patetic...
    Ultima Weapons speed is so extremely much higher than Omegas... if you don't know how to handle Omegas attacks like Megido Flame and Terra Break and just relys on Hero items and that kind of cheap stuff, then Omega's harder.
    But once you know how Omega works he's a cake walk. Even WITHOUT heros, holy wars, lionheart and all that stuff.