Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFIII remake screenshot

Blog Entries

Default FFIII remake screenshot

I found this picture of a screenshot of the WSC Final Fantasy III.
    When they release FFIII do you think its going to resemble this remake or are they going for a completely new look?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris; 10-24-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Well, it's clearly going to look a lot better than the abandoned WSC version. The sprites in that screenshot are inferior to those of the FFI remake, not to mention that most of the battle window has been excised, leaving only the character names and their HP onscreen. Since the DS has two screens to spare and graphical capabilities evidently somewhere between those of the PS and PS2, neither of these things should be a problem in the actual remake.

That's absolutely horrible. I hope it doesn't look like that...
    I have nothing to say.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I'm guessing the sprites will have the same appearance, but higher resolution and more color depth.

Default Re: FFIII remake screenshot

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the graphical style of the WSC FFs. Naturally, the graphics will look better without magazine-print blurriness or .jpeg compression.

Default Re: FFIII remake screenshot

Although it'd be pretty funny if they DID keep that.

That picture hurts my eyes...

It looks just fine to me.

Blog Entries

I swear...

If those stupid Enix screw ups change the graphics to one more FF game, I'm gonna scream. I WANT THE ORIGINAL FINAL FANTASYS!!!

DEAR ENIX,
    YOU GUYS SUCK. YOU BETTER NOT CHANGE THE GRAPHICS OR ANYTHING ELSE ON AN ORIGINAL FF GAME OR I'LL BOYCOT.

FROM,
    ODINDRAGOON

Okay, sorry for my anger. I just hate Enix. Ignore this post...

Whoah, somebody needs a nap.....

Dude, dissing Enix is like dissing your own mother. They didn't screw up your precious FF games. Square did that on their own before the merger. Enix has always been a great company and they've produced some truely classic games outside of their main franchise. In fact, on the SNES, Americans never even GOT their main franchise, but we were still given many quality titles. Even more than Square gave us. For you to diss them outright for some SQUARE did isn't just unfair, it makes you look severely ignorant. I'm not going to say you ARE ignorant, but comments like that certainly aren't going to endear you to many of the people on these boards.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Amen.

The fact you blame Enix for "that", doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I don't even know what "that" is. Messing up the graphics? The PSX FFI & II sprites sure looked awfully nice to me. Sure, some of them were tweaked, but I thought they were quite pleasant.

And I'm glad someone straightened you out about Enix, 'cause if I was the one to do it, I probably wouldn't have been so nice about it.

Enix out produces Square in quality any, and every, day.

I digress.

I'm sure FFIII will have graphics rivaling the other two remakes. And that, sir, is no disappointment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinDragoon
    stupid Enix screw ups change the graphics

DEAR ENIX,
    YOU GUYS SUCK.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage
    Enix out produces Square in quality any, and every, day.
    No.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Can't we just say Enix make good games, Square make good games, ergo Squenix makes really good games? Can we all just...get along?

I also digress. My thoughts on the multi-screen might have been that your entire character sheet is displayed during battle, so you can see how your hit %, str etc changes due to status effects. Either that or they just pull the entire command select from the main screen and put it on the secondary.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Default Yeah,

maybe I was too intense... but its my opinion and I can keep it. I just don't think they should have merged because enix made the battle system more "realistic" but that just takes out the whole RPG system now don't it? And yes, the first game I believe that square-"enix" made was FF Origins and I wanted the REAL FF1. I didn't want no game thats 5 times easier than the original, I didn't want the graphics changed, I didn't want the classes names changed, I just wanted a solid classic. But I don't give a crap what anyone else says to diss my opinion because you can just put your idea and not just tell me I'm basicly "wrong" because I'm not. Its my opinion.

Well you're wrong about Enix having any involvement. That game was actually made before the merger. Also, the ONLY change made to the battle system was adding the OPTION of autotargetting so you don't get ineffective hits. That's really it. Oh, wait, no, I'm forgetting something.... They also made the spells and weapons work. Damn them.