Thread: Fighting Adelle. I need tips on how to play through the game.

Default Fighting Adelle. I need tips on how to play through the game.

When I last played and I was fighting Adelle, I was trapped and there was no way to get out.
    I'm starting a new game, and I need to know if it's best to have a high level or a low one? Any tips on how the best way it is to play through the game?

High levels always worked for me.
    =

Well I dont know about restarting, but I was stuck in the exact same part that you were, heres how I beat her after 3 months of being stuck

1. I used limit brakes alot, mostly ivrine and his ultimate ammo. did a huge amount of damage on her.
    2. I used alot of hero's like 4, and just cast triple on squal, then had him cast curaga when I needed it.

that worked great for me

Remember to draw 100 of as many magic u can at the beginning of the game, I think I beat her at like level 70, but the word around town is that the higher your level the stronger everything else in the game becomes, so drawing magic is the best way to win since I've heard people have beat the game at level 30, I always had in every final fantasy a designated cure guy/girl, in Final fantasy VIII Rinoa until then end of the game when she actually got strong, but in the Adel fight it was Sephie because of her Slot Limit Break.

Is it actually true what people say about it being better to have a lower level, or is it all rubbish? I've always found FF8 harder than the others, because I think it's more complicated. That's why I need a few tips on a good way of playing it. Oh and thanks for your tips everyones who has replied so far.

I'd rather have level 100 badasses with every GF, and ultimate weapon with every magic juntioned 100 deep in my arsenal, but some people play different and you can beat the game at a low level, just be sure to go about it slow, and make sure you get done early what you need to, if you dont you'll get your rear handed to you on a regular bases in this game. GF's, junction system and Squall's ultimate weapon are key to beating this game.

The best tips I can give you about FFVIII...

1) Use Cerberus religiously! He gives Double and Triple spell effects on everyone alive when he's summoned. Remember you have to fight him to get him in Galbadia Garden.

2) You may not want to level up, so build your stats. A fight may go on forever just getting spells to junction, but you only get a certain amount of EXP for a certain monster anywho. So~ yeah, build your stats when you don't want to level up. LOOPHOLES!!!

3) Rinoa = useless? Not at all! Teach her doggie many tricks, and when you need him, he can pull Invincible Moon or Wishing Star! IMHO, that's the best limits in the game...

4) AURA SPELLS. That speaks for itself. In junction with Cerberus, you could have a very mean and great fighting team right there!

5) Easy EXP? Quists near death with degenorator and Initiative + Island Closest to Heaven/Hell = EASY EXP!!!! Don't ask me how I figured it out.

6) Remember your HP - it's you're lifeblood.
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

Which is 'best' really depends on your playing style. If you're willing to take the time to refine magic and to really make the most of your Junctions, then you'll be able to get through the game without doing any extra levelling at all. It requires less effort on your part to just coast through on force of levels (many of the bosses, unlike the regular enemies, have level caps, past which they don't grow any more), but I tend to find it more fun to rely on strategy and the Junction system.

Of course, add to that that if you, at level 20, have refined Firaga spells, they'll be much more effective (relatively) than they would be at level 40, when the enemy will tend to use them, too.
    -Q